What does Dumbledore see when he looks in the Mirror of Erised?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hana_skywalker
Maybe there has been a thread about this before, if so you mods can close this one. I was re-reading the first book and I thought: Dumbledore didn't seem to be telling the truth to Harry about what he sees in the mirror... what do you think he might see? Not his own reflection, I think... I'll be waiting for your opinions! wink

big gay kirk
Its obvious... he sees everyone fooled by his anti-Voldemort propaganda, the Dark Lord defeated and no-one to stop Evil Albus from taking over the world... lets be honest, its been obvious since book one that that's his real motive and desire...

I Love Sirius
Okay, Big Gay Kirk.............Put the cocaine down..........Come on, do you really think Dumbledore the bad guy? PLEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE!!! He might not have been truthful when he told Harry he sees himself holding up wool socks. But then again, why would he tell Harry? Keep in mind, this is the time when he thought Harry too young to know the truth about Voldemort and him, as he says in Order of the Phoenix. But I'm sure we will find out soon!

tassie
Isn't it obvious??

he sees McGonagoll roll eyes (sarcastic)

lizeard009
i dont know but i dont think that he is evil
erm

big gay kirk
JK is always full of surprises.... what's the best way for Dumbledore to use poor Harry's powers for his own nefarious ends? Force him, or pretend to be the good guy... notice even Hagrid never says DD is a "good" man... only a "great" man...

hana_skywalker
He CAN'T be evil... that's ridiculous. I agree about JK Rowling "being always full of surprises", but it would ruin the whole story if Dumbledore turned out to be the bad guy.

tassie
If Dumbledore's in line with Voldy, then i'm madly in love with Dobby

persian85033
I think he just sees his own reflection. He seems pretty happy, or maybe he sees an ideal world.

hana_skywalker
laughing out loud Good one! laughing out loud

Piggle Humsy
He sees all the children being shot as he secretly hates kids!
Then he sees him and McGonagal running off together and getting Hitched in vegas by Elvis. laughing

BlackHatDefect
socks

megajoint
personally I like the theory that DD is ron in the future....read it here
http://www.knight2king.net/Knight2King/Personal56.html

but my theory he see a grave with tom marvolo riddle written on it....
or maybe his most close friends bid him farewell on his burial ceremony...

airangel
This thread is ok..there is a thread that has talk about the Mirror and all the other weird and strange things that are hidden in HP books by JKR..however this can stay! big grin

hotsauce6548
i think it would show voldemort dead once and for all or Harry being perfectly safe and happy... probably both together

Secosera_TD
A bunch of naked supermodels and a chicken, that is what he would see

angelsflame265
I really think he see's himself with socks

Dumbledor is a very simple man, he likes what he likes and he doens't care what people think. But if I were Harry I would've bought him a pair of socks and gave them to him for x-mas lol

~Air Angel~
I think Dumbledore looked into the mirror and saw voldemort defeated and DD knows that in order for Voldy to die...Harry must die.

Its a win-lose situation....SO of course he wouldn't tell Harry....he'd say a typical Dumbledore response and use socks....................

ArrghPirateGirl
Smelly Socks big grin

ladygrim
i dunno wat e wud see ...

Secosera_TD
@ Airangel,
Dumbledore already said that EITHER must die to the other. They both don't have to die

Secosera_TD
Also, the Mirror of Erised doesn't show the future, just their deepest desire, and I doubt his deepest desire is for both to die

Ghetto Goblin
i can't view the first page of this thread so i hope i am not repeating, but in one of the books, i thought that he said something about warm wool socks or something like that.

~Air Angel~
I'm sure DD's deepest desire is for Voldy to DIE.......but he knows what that means...harry's death

Secosera_TD
But in the Mirror it would show Harry alive and Voldy dead, because it ONLY shows DESIRES. I am pretty sure DD won't sacrifice Harry to kill Voldemort and I can almost garauntee that he doesn't desire it.

Ghetto Goblin
hey c'mon someone, hasn't anyone heard SOMEWHERE that he see's himself in wool socks, i can't remember where i heard it, it might be in the book.

LadySlytherin
awww no hes not. wrong wizard hun laughing out loud

*EDITED~AA~(so other's won't start getting on that topic...then its a mess big grin*

i dont think dumbledore sees anything...well, maybe voldy's head on a platter but thats probably it

Ghetto Goblin
what ARE you talking about women.

LadySlytherin
oh sorry ghetto goblin...my friend made a crack joke that dumbledore was gay...i can see a mod deleted that post. laughing out loud she said "probably a guy" and i said wrong wizard hun. sorry for the confusion!!! laughing out loud

~Air Angel~
hee he..i edited it....lol

ArrghPirateGirl
Naughty Airangel....big grin.......Well not really but anywayz big grin

Mr Spidey
He see's the last lemon drop,that he left on his desk. stick out tongue

ladygrim
lol..

Ghetto Goblin
well guess what, that friend who made the crack, that was me. i changed my own post because i found it inappropriate, and i didn't think anyone would see it, i changed it, right after i posted it. but air angel was afraid of this, going off subject, so back to it.

he see's himself in the mirror with voldemort getting "happy" at a party.

LadySlytherin
lol!! i thought i was going mad for a bit back there stick out tongue. i thought i saw the post. oh well.

He sees himself on the beach in st. lucia sippin margaritas. how the hell should i know? lol well, <----that sounded good to me anyways big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.