Best of the Best: Franchise Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Best of the Best: Franchise Edition

In this thread, which I am confident hasn't been done recently, I'd like your opinion on what installment of any notable horror franchise you consider to be the best and why? Movies that have spawned 1 or more sequels are all eligible, no matter how old or new.

For example, out of all 10 "Friday the 13th" movies, I would select Part 4, generally because Jason looks the most intimidating, the deaths are creative, Tommy Jarvis, and it was really the last great "Friday", IMO.

BackFire
Nightmare on Elmstreet - The first one. It was the only one made out of passion for the idea rather then simple money, and it shows. all the sequels are pretty lousy in comparison.

Friday the 13th - Jason takes Manhatton. The only entertaining one in teh whole series, sure it's stupid, but they all were, at least this one was stupid to the point of being entertaining.

TCM - The original, for obvious, undeniable reasons. Such as is overwhelming influence on all horror films made after it. And it's stark, realistic nature that shocked audiences when it was first released. No horror film of the past 35 years has been more influential.

Trilogy of the Dead- This is the hardest one, because they are all so great. I think they are all equally strong for different reasons. Night of the living dead because it was so damn original when it came out. Dawn of the Dead because of it's strong and interesting message about society. And Day of the Dead because of the gore and creating new aspects for the zombie genre. All in all, I guess I'd say Dawn of the Dead is the best.

Halloween - I like the first one the best, though I'm not a huge fan of the series and don't particularly care for any of them too much.

HockeyHorror
i entirely agree with BF except i didnt like Jason Takes Manhatton. i'd say number 3 was best in Friday 13th series.

Lecter Series- very very very hard. Manhunter was good. Red Dragon was good. Silence of the Lambs was good. Hannibal was alright and im waiting for the Lecter Variation. for now ima say Silence of the Lambs is the best for that series just because it was the best performace of Hopkins in my opinion.

HockeyHorror
Leprechaun Series- most of them were funny but i cant judge on comedy. ima say the best one was either Leprechaun 3 or 7. number 1 was alright. sad ok my vote on that goes to Lep 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.