Who's smarter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thee_superman
Who do you think is smarter? Batman or Beast from X-men?

Viper
Beast is more intelligent, but Batman is more observative.

VENOMfan
Im pretty sure beast is up there in Genius level

Never
Mmm, different kinds of smart. Beast's is medicinal; Batman's, analytical.

I...would go with Batman.

LeAtHerRFace
Great thread. But I'd agree with *Never*. Batman has shown some great ideas and mental thinking in comics/movies.

kal-el
Beast would do better in exams but bats would apply what he knows in real life better.He's got more initiative. Bats isn't genius clever, he's(for the want of a more accurate term) streetsmart and full of ideas and is 'on the-ball' as we say in Britannia.

Eidolon
I don't know that much about Bats, but from what I've heard he's over powerful intellegence wise same as Supes was made over powerful strentgh wise. Basically the earilier comics of Bats have him being able to virtually make anything he felt he'd need, and solve any problem.

Spawnie
Yes, u all have a point. Batsie also made antidotes and other complicated things, so I can't really say that he is smartes then Beast but they would make great lab buddies big grin. Maybe Beast cuz he was a scientist from start. The thing is that they would cover eachother. There r some things that Batsie knows better and there r also thngs that Beast knows better. U see my point?

It's like comparing 2 common scientist, u put them together and they fill eachothers answers.

Eidolon
I'd have to say Bats has greater overall knowledge, and seems to use his knowledge of things more often in just about all his incounters (not just when he's in the lab or working on a problem that demands such knowledge) than beast, thus in my opinion Bats is smarter than Beast.

Never
Actually Batman is a "certified genius" big grin

VENOMfan
I pretty much agree with there both brilliant, just in two different fields

kal-el
bloodyhell never, you're killing me!who 'certified' him then ombre?

Herr Logan
Aside from the word "observative", which I can't endorse without a dictionary present, I have to agree. Batman is street-smart to the highest degree, and Beast is a genius. You have to pick a definition for "smart" to really answer this.

Never
Batman Wizard Special, 1998. Page 30, question 40 - "How smart is Batman?"?

"Pretty damn. Peterson says that even absent a college degree, Bruce 'probably has an IQ in the 210-220 range, which puts him just sub-genius. He's well-read, and although he may not know much about quantum physics, he has incredible concentrations of knowledge in areas that he needs to know about, like ballistics and anatomy.' "

Mmmm. Interesting, normally genius is measured (depending on "scale"wink as anything above 140ish. See? http://home8.swipnet.se/~w-80790/Index.htm

145 - 154 Genius <<----

Herr Logan
140 is genius? I thought it was 160. This site says that only 1% of people have about a 135 IQ. That makes me feel real special, 'cause that's me. I don't believe that 140 is the lower bracket. Most people know it to be between 160 and 200.
Batman may well be a genius. He never displays this in his civilian identity, and when he does show his intelligence, it's under very special circumstances. I think he is a genius to some extent. Do you know that he trained himself to have a photographic memory like Oracle? He skims pages extremely fast and counts on his subconscious to call up the info when he needs it. That's some kind of genius. He seems to know everything, because he's always taking in information. He's more obsessive about that sort of thing than Dr. Hank McCoy. As diligent as McCoy is when he has work to do, he isn't as neurotically driven as Batman, and he takes time to read for pleasure, whereas Batman does not.

Viper
Generally a genius is considered to have an IQ above 140. Einstein was 160, Napoleon was 145, and just for kicks George W. Bush is 125. Using the standard scale someone with an IQ around 220 would be considered one of the smartest men in the world.

Herr Logan
125? Wow. You know, you can be really smart and still have some of the problems that George Bush has? The word switching, spoonerisms and losing track of his thoughts-- those are things a genius could have problems with, conceivably. However, no significantly smart person could have ALL the problems that moron has. I'd say his logic is faulty, but I can't even tell if he believes any of his rhetoric. He's a puppet, and it may be that he's just a notoriously lazy jerk who gives "assisted living" a new meaning, and he's put in a position where he has to justify to the public this evil agenda the puppet-masters are pushing that makes no sense to decent folk, thereby making him look really stupid. I figure it's all that, plus he's a damn moron.

Viper
Didn't really intend for this to turn into a political thread, just though I'd throw him in there since people bash him for being an idiot when really he's just not a very good public speaker.

Never
Bleh, have graded at 135+ on Emode as well. Echoing Viper's comment, will just say that I am...a tad suprised that Dubya managed to graduate from Yale and Harvard School of Business considering he is very inarticulate.

"Noocular" instead "nuclear?" Phew embarrasment

And yes...140ish is generally regarded as the range for genius-level intellect. If you enjoyed that listing of IQs, consider this one:

http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/Cox300.html

Peruse those listed at 145 or so. Might surprise you big grin

I knew that Voltaire was quite the intellectual dynamo, but goodness!

LeAtHerRFace
Remember, Bats also owns a VERY widely known company `Wayne Corp.`

Herr Logan
Don't trust an IQ test taken on Emode. Jesus, how could you think that an online test would be accurate??

Never
If your only basis for discrediting Emode its availability online then that is not a sound argument, is it?

Have taken Mensa's exam also...so although Emode (that is just one IQ exam that I have taken) might be considered fairly inaccurate as a whole, it has been pretty accurate for me.

Have seen scores from anywhere between 126 and 141 for myself, whatever that indicates.

Viper
You know it's funny, and I don't mean to discredit anybody or anything, but every single person I've ever talked to online has an IQ near genius level. Strange huh? whistle

Never

Herr Logan
I'm not claiming your score isn't close to that. I'm saying you can't tell from an online test gears towards children. If this Mensa test you took was given to you by a doctor, I'm more likely to believe in it. No one is doubting your overall intelligence, but I don't trust website IQ tests or anything like that. Hell, I've been on Emode and I don't remember if I bothered with their IQ test. I saw some other tests, and this is primarily a teeny-bopper site. You see why I doubt their particular assessment?
Mensa is a bunch of stuck-up assholes, but if they are so keen on proving they have a 130+ IQ, they probably make sure it's accurate so no one can tear them down. I give them a lot more credibility.

Never
No no, not asking you to comment on whether or not my IQ score is accurate or if I inflated it. Blah to that; was curious about your disdain for online IQ exams as a whole. Just happened to use Emode as an example because that is the only name that I could readily recall.

Re: Mensa...agreed, several social misfits are amongst them, LoL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.