Animal Farm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonpisces272
has anyone ever read animal farm? I like the way the animals portrayed some type of humanistic feature in themselves.

badkittykitty
I loved animal farm,I heard theres a frightening cartoon biased on the story.

shaber
The cartoon was altered for children's tastes. Toned down and made more explicit, plus having the overthrow of Napoleon at the end which certainly never appeared in the book.

§pearhead
I read this for 7th grade, loved it then, and I love it now...o' course I didn't understand the symbolism then.

big gay kirk
As an allegory of the Russian Revolution, it is as good an introduction to the history of that time as can be... Orwell was a great writer, and the film of the book, though good, was spoiled as Shaber says by alterations... if you liked it, try 1984, an even more chilling image of what happens when the few hold the power to change history....

yerssot
*points at sig* happy

§pearhead
eek! Who's more equal than me? sad

shaber
1984 was the most mature of his works. I read an essay he did on Politics and the English Language and that had the rudiments of the concepts in 1984, perfected ten years later.

Animal Farm was less chilling to such an extent as to be beyond compare...

HockeyHorror
great book

dragonpisces272
eek! i also read it for 7th grade stick out tongue

Aetheria
I read it for my country's equivalent to seventh grade. I'd read it earlier though, when I was around eight or so years old, but I didn't comprehend the underlying meanings.

I've never seen the cartoon, but I've seen the movie. Pity I can't really remember the movie.

And, yeah. I liked the parallels with the Russian Revolution.

Agent Elrond
The movie was good, as well as the book. It takes a little thinking to figure out who and what everything stands for as compared to the Russia Rev. It's not a perfect match, but over 90% of it can be directly related to it. Some char in the book are hybrids of two people, like Old Major (Marx and Lenin)

mlblover15
had to read this for my 12th grade goverment class but i didnt read it.. just like catcher in th rye ill have to go back and read it to see what i missed...

dave123
eek! one of the few books I've read happy

I liked it yes

LimeLight
I had to read Animal Farm in 10th grade because the school made me. I didnt really care, it was interesting enough. ...I started to cry though...I cant say where cuz it might give the book away to people who havent read it.

Vampiree
This book is to sad to be true no I had a little breakdown afret reading it. That what we all are, guys. Friggin animals.

yerssot
oink oink confused

iluvpippin
ok i had to read that book for yr 7..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.