NOTLD...in color?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Check it, courtesy of BloodyDisgusting.com:

samhain
I have had the colour version on VHS for quite a while now. The double DVD sounds good though.

Cinemaddiction
This is a colorization of the 1968 version.

slayer
Sounds cool.

samhain
I know, I have it on VHS, like I said. It's been available in the UK for a few years.

tabby999
so..... they made it in colour, big whoop. if you dont like the idea, dont watch it. pretty simple

Cinemaddiction
Interesting. The new company that's retooling a colorized version, that's what they specialize in. I'm looking forward to it.

samhain
Any more classic Black & White horrors being colourised in the near future?

HockeyFace
Yes, classics being respected on this board! FINALLY!

samhain
I think if they take a load of B+W horrors and add colour to them it could introduce classic movies to a new generation who will surely grow weary of Jeepers creepers, etc.

production469
Well, I should point out that this is a NEW colorized version, not those crappy old Turnerized versions that have been released on VHS in the past. All of the discs released by Legend Films have been done with superior colorization technology, and look quite realistic. My favorite release of theirs is "Plan 9 from Outer Space."

I quite like their new colorized version of "Night of the Living Dead" -- it even keeps the atmosphere of the original black and white classic. The company has also done "Carnival of Souls," "House on Haunted Hill," and "Reefer Madness" under the Off Color Films line. They've also released some non-cult items including Shirley Temples' films (I hate her, but if you're a fan, you can check the discs out) and Abbott & Costello's "Africa Screams". They've also restored the Abbott & Costello film "Jack and the Beanstalk," which was SHOT in color.

They're a very good company, and I definitely recommend their releases. cool

Pandemoniac
Could be very cool, there have been great jobs done in coloring oldies.
But truly, NOTLD doesn't really need it, I always respected how frightening and gross it was even in black & white, and that is a great accomplishment for a movie as it still does what it's ment to do so many years later.

Nevermind
Yeah this has been out here for a while. I don't think I can recall seeing it separately sold because that exact color version comes with Evil Dead I believe, I'll have to check it out again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.