Saga of the seven suns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Predator 89
Have any of you read Saga of the seven suns book 1: Hidden Empire.
I checked it out today and was wondering if any of you have any positive
/negative feed back of Kevin J Andersons novel.

badkittykitty
let us know how it is..it seems we haven't heard of him.

Predator 89
Well i'm finally around to reading it. The books plot is that their are three branches of humanity: Terran based Hanseatic Legue, Green priests of theroc and the Roamers. The league finds an acient device that can turn gas giants into suns. What the league does not know is that the Gas giant is home to a vastly powerful race the hydrougues and now all branches of earth face impending doom. Kevin J. Anderson s a master writter and has constructed a series that combines the epic adventure of Starwars and the Complex intrigues and social structures of Dune. Right now i'm 70 pages through the book.

Jedibard
I'm reading the second,a Forest of Stars.No spoilers here.But I can tell it's really enjoyable

Predator 89
I've been waiting to read that one, but lately i've been busy reading the battle of Corrin

Eowyn Skywalker
I've read the first two-- Hidden Empire and Forest of Stars. I'm waiting quite eagerly for my library to get the next one too. I found the plot was tricky to follow for the first while, and seemed as if it had no... no way it fit together, really. It took nearly the entire first book for me to understand what was going on-- when I did, I was pulled in.

The books are very alike to a saga-- and, if you can follow a plot that's as complex as LotR, then by all means read, and enjoy. But if Star Wars is too hard for you to follow, pass the Ssaga of Seven Suns by... it is rather complex at times.

There's my review. Great books, once you get into the plot, though. I'd recomend them to most Star Wars or Dune fans.

Predator 89
Isnt horizon storms availible already in the US though iam not sure. Also you're righ Saga of seven suns is sorta complicated with the different types of characters in the story but still ok, the only problem with the first novel was that the plot doesnt really develop until the end.

tweh143585
Hi,
I've just found this forum and thought I'd reply. I have now read the first three books of the Saga of Seven Suns series. I agree that the plot is somewhat complicated when reading the first book, but as noted by others, the strings are pulled together near the end. When you get into the second book it comes more easily. I have found the first three books totally engrossing. However, be aware that the third book, Horizon Storms, is not the end of the series. Supposedly, a fourth book is due out in July of 2005. I can't wait for my library to get it in so I can find out how this series ends, unless there is a fifth book in the works, arhggg!!!! I want to know how this saga ends. I'm don't want to spoil things but will tell you this.....the third book has some twists that will boggle your mind. Keep reading and enjoy, and I hope they hurry with the fourth book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.