The Last Horror Picture Show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Admittedly promising by the looks of it, The Last Horror Picture Show may possibly be just what the horror genre needs now with remakes and sequals oversaturatiing the genre. Fans should be happy to know that this is made by an independent film company known as Kinetic Filmworks will be making the film instead of some of the big wigs that lazily are making more and sequals for Freddy, Jason, and Michael instead of something truly original. Tentiviley set for release in 2005 fans will have to wait for this promising little movie. The movie has an interesting plot which has a group of college students going to Texas at the location of their favorite cult movie, "The Barbacue Massacre." The students plan on making a documentary on the movie, but they then run into three eccentric men who turn out to be the killers that "The Barbacue Massacre" and its sequals were based upon.

Kinetic Filmworks trackck record in horror movies to date is as follows: Crocidile 2: Death Swamp, Spiders, Head Cheerleader Dead Cheerleader, Mosquito, Freakshow, Hellblock 13, and Frostbiter. While I for one haven't seen any of those films it seems likely they are not very good as some reviews I have seen have pointed out, but I think that this movie will be different as it truly sounds unqiue, interesting, and more going for it than the above mentioned had the chances of having.

This movie undoubtly has many upsides to it. First off, the make-up will be handled by the KNB EFX Group. Just in case you guys need some refreshing on this group these are the guys that did the make-up for Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn, Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, and Wishmaster among other notable horror movies.

The movie's biggest upside is its acting. Sporting what could be the first ensemble horror movie cast for this generation, it WILL feature three of horror's biggest stars in the form of Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger), Kane Hodder (Jason), and Gunnar Hansen (Leatherface) as three eccentric men who are actually the Barbacue Massacre Murders. This time ol' Robby will be playing an old man in a wheel chair. Meanwhile Hodder gets rid of that ratty old hockey mask and becomes a stocky trucker driver known as Redd, and finally Gunnar Hansen as a "quiet giant of a man" as Babe.

Interestingly enough star Gunnar Hansen and director Gary Jones wrought the script together. Tony DiDio has joined in on producing the film with Jeff Miller and Gary Jones. In case you are wondering Tony DiDio is the producer of the remake and original Toolbox Murders.

Englund has been quite positive about the movie saing in a Fangoria interview that it is a mix of The Blair Witch Prject and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It looks to be a fun blast for horror fans as it has the three superb genre actors, an original plot, some humor, and much more! It just seems like the news for this movie keeps getting better and better. I'll keep you updated.

Cinemaddiction
BWP 2: "Book of Shadows" + "The Last Broadcast" While not movies, it's to document the phenomenon, or catch the "killer". Of course, in "The Last Broadcast", they run into the supposed "Jersey Devil".

Looks like they are going for name brand horror actors to sell it. Good move, picking two guys who didn't utter a word in either of their respective franchises, other than Kane in his cameo in "Friday Pt. 9". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doesn't sound too original to me, it seems kind of naive to bill it is such.

HockeyFace
More original than all the recent remakes and such.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.