The Shins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
anyone else like this band?

this is what pop bands SHOULD sound like.

ElectricBugaloo
no one else has heard of The Shins?

SeptemberRain
The Shins kick ass

cermiestar
the shins kick MEGA ass

i love kissing the lipless

MildPossession
I do, I do. Love Caring is Creepy, noticed they have put it onto the Garden State soundtrack.

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, i saw the writer/director/lead actor guy (Braff) on Charlie Rose and they showed that scene.

Everyone should download "The Gloating Sun"

mah
They're great

scabby mcgee
They rock my socks off. Anybody seen their video for "Past and Pending"? It's slow but I think it's amazing.

by the way here's some shameless promotion

smoosh.com

They rock my socks off even faster.

MildPossession
The television channels I have, all 5, would never show the video so I would never get to see it soon. The channels just churn out videos for chart music. sad feel my pain please.

cermiestar
i adore the shins

absolutely beautiful music....

and beautiful lyrics

*drowns in beautifulness of the music*

furryman
laughing out loud what the?

Wolf Dog
I love the Shins. I only love a few "new" rock bands and the shins are one of them. My friend used "Caring is Creepy" in his amateur skateboarding video and it went so good together. I wish I can post it up. Maybe later.

SnakeEyes
I only know a few songs from them, but I like em!

Can anyone suggest to me a good roster of songs? (Besides the two I already have: Caring is Creepy and When You Notice the Stripes)

Refused
Pressed in a Book
Saint Simon
When I Goose Step

Those are the ones that come to mind that i can remember. Saint Simon and Pressed in a Book are among their best with out a doubt imo. But you should really just get their albums, it's all good.

SleaterKinney32
The Shins are great! I have both of their cds, but I'm thinking I like 'Oh, Inverted World' more than 'Chutes Too Narrow' They'd be a good band to see live. Does anyone know if they're going on tour this year?

Morgoths_Wrath
new album coming out this summer I heard

Punkyhermy
New Slang is a really a work of art. So pretty, rythmic and lyrics that make me soar with their awesomeness. smile

Lovely. Just so lovely.

papabeard
Good band

Solo
Love them.

Morning_Glory
Does anyone else like them.

I love their "Oh, Inverted World" album

anyways... just curious to see if anyone else likes them

(i checked for this thread but didn't see it) smile

Solo
Their new album is awful. Their other two are fantastic, though.

Captain REX
I haven't heard their new album, but I've heard good things.

I absolutely adore them, though. You're not alone, MG. w00t

Morgoths_Wrath
new album isn't bad...not as good as their last two, but I can still jam it

manorastroman
don't be a curmudgeon. their new album is just as good as the prior two. on each, the first and last four tracks are gold, the middle is mediocre.

Morning_Glory
i knew there was a thread already ermm... that search thing is crap ninja

I just got the new album yesterday ... it hasnt grown on me yet

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by manorastroman
don't be a curmudgeon. their new album is just as good as the prior two. on each, the first and last four tracks are gold, the middle is mediocre.

it might be a grower, but I still haven't really got into it yet. The first time listening to it nothing really stuck out for me at all.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
it might be a grower, but I still haven't really got into it yet. The first time listening to it nothing really stuck out for me at all.

it has grown on me...hate now to compare it to the others because it's approach is different (apparently inspired by Mercer's insomnia)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.