The trivia game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediHDM
This will be like a trivia game, except the person who gives the correct answer asks another question. I will start it off.

What book does Thomas Anderson keep his illegal disks in?

Shape Shifter
now u see i told u my memory was rubbish. i think it was a dictionary, or a thesaurus but which one exactly im not sure

xeous
Simulation? Started with an S...Couldn't tell you the author...

JediHDM
wow...i expected you people to know this one...it's fairly easy...once one of the Usual Suspects gets on, they will know it...at least they better...otherwise they'll get it. stick out tongue

Shape Shifter
the 'idiots guide to hacking'?

whatshisface
simalcra and simulation

Shape Shifter
ahhhhhhhh *runs out and smacks whatshisface, then kicks him while hes down*

Thats what i meant to say damn u memory!sad

whatshisface
*spits out a few teeth*

that ain't right yo...

JediHDM
you have to ask a question now, whatshisface...

Shape Shifter
yeah but u two guys can phase i cant...alls fair in love and...eekno expression

whatshisface
what was the title of the movie showing i the oracles tv when neo first visited her?

Shape Shifter
The original Batman movie

whatshisface
laughing

try again...

Shape Shifter
calamity jane? (u do realise im guessing here and i have clue whatsoever?)

whatshisface
as evidenced by this post, yes.

Shape Shifter
...u lost me?

whatshisface
you told you had no idea what the answer is. then i quoted you saying that it is better if jedi and me faced off and i said i know that you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Shape Shifter
well it might help if u asked questions that i could answer (my matrix film is at home...i am not)

whatshisface
okay, try this one...

what was thomas anrderson's boss's name?

Shape Shifter
mr. Rhineheart...his first name is probably somethign weird

whatshisface
Happy Dance yay!

okay, you ask me sumtin'.

Shape Shifter
big grinmy pleasure

who portrays the character...(yes u got it) Roland in Rel and Rev's?

xeous
Answer to the first one:

Rabbits or Night of the Lepus, it's known as both.

Just thought I'd answer it so all those who read this thread aren't daunted by the phantom question.

Shape Shifter
never heard of it...messed

whatshisface
aw man! that was my trump card! bleh, i'll think of sumtin' else...

and i don't know the actor's name who played roland. and who's roland anyway roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shape Shifter
:O...yeah imn gonna kick ur @$$ alright. u do realise that asking me that is kind of like asking korri who keanu reeves is?

whatshisface
d@mn, that serious huh...

hey korri, who's this keanu fella i hear about?

*looks around for killer cheese pies sent by korri*

Shape Shifter
hey me and korri can take our obsessions as seriously as we want...u on the other hand better not say nothing bout my Roland or ur going to end up in the frog spawn the eat on the ships

whatshisface
getting a little frisky, are we... i like you already love

Shape Shifter
yeah theres just one problem...ur NOT Roland ur also to young for me so bleh *waves hand imperiosuly* now u gonna answer my qs or what?

whatshisface
i'm probably older than you think. and i don't know who that actor is... sowee...

Shape Shifter
how old do u think i think u r? (and no thats not the qs)

if u cant answer that one answer this one: Who portrays Maggie?

whatshisface
oh, crap! i don't even know who plays the oracle in revs... so, just ask me something about the movie...

and how old do you think i am you think i am?

Shape Shifter
25?

Okay who plays AK in the flicks?

whatshisface
close...

ummmm, tiger woods? after steroids?

Shape Shifter
...isnt Tiger woods black?

whatshisface
isn't AK black? or is it mauser... uh-oh, matrix fart huh

Shape Shifter
no i think thats the twins that r black...

whatshisface
albino black twins... i have yet to see the day... possible but unprobable...

Shape Shifter
dont u mean possible but no probable?

Shape Shifter
alrighty ladies, gents and...Jedi the last qs was:

Who portrays Roland in Rel & Rev's?

whatshisface
something to that effect, yes...

anyways, see yah later... i'm gonna have to research who this roland guy is embarrasment

JediHDM
How come i am in a class all my own? I am a guy...

David Roberts

Explain, in detail, why the character playing the Oracle changed. (both the real world reason and the Matrix universe reason)

Shape Shifter
Real world reason - Actress playing her died.

Matrix universe reason - the oracle told Trin trin and Morph dood that it was it was something that had happened because she had chosen to help them.

JediHDM
more detail. Help who, what did they do, why?

Shape Shifter
to help morpheus, trin trin and Neo...and y am i doing this anyway, this is another case of i disagree with u...just outta princple u understand

JediHDM
lol...that is a good question, why are you doing this...however, i must say, that you are wrong. Therefore, this question is still available to be answered.

xxphreakxx
her shell was deleted by the merv... or some thing... it is in ETM

whatshisface
what was the q?

Shape Shifter

JediHDM
raver I'm trying to free your mind...*turns and runs to edge of building, then leaps over a four lane street to the adjacent building*

xxphreakxx>but how did the merovingian delete her shell?

Shape Shifter
u know those pencils that have the crappy pink erasers on the top of them? thats how

JediHDM
lol...nope, wrong again...

Shape Shifter
he hit the 'delete' key? repeatedly...

JediHDM
miffed Are you going to at least TRY to give a good answer?

Shape Shifter
he used tip-ex? (in other words no im not going to try and give a god answer, cos i dont know)

dragonpisces272
lol im just gunna say...i dont know...i think thats the best answer so far big grin

JediHDM
what the hell...am i gonna have to answer my own question?

Shape Shifter
yes

whatshisface
to answer jedi's q... well, i'm gonna attempt at least...

the termination code for the oracle's shell was given to the merovingian by non other than rama kandra in exchange for sati being the last exile...

Shape Shifter
damn u! r u gonna play with me in the matrix language? and do u have msn messenger? and and and

JediHDM
congratulations, whatshisface!!! you are our new winner!!! as a reward, you get to ask the next question.

Shape Shifter> lol...yes, yes...but i don't use it...EVER...i have AIM, though...and that is better, imho...big grin

whatshisface
what was the faux title given to reloaded to keep it secret?

Shape Shifter
caddyshack 2 and the replacements

JediHDM
'Burlyman'

who is refered to as 'a cypher'...(Hint: it's not cypher)

Agent Elrond
Archy?

Shape Shifter
the Oracle (as in no one can decipher her meanings)?

JediHDM
nope...(hint, it's not in the trilogy)...

Agent Elrond
Isn't this more of an opinion question?

Shape Shifter
B-166ER

JediHDM
no...in the Animatrix, ( i won't say which story, cause that will give it away) someone is refered to as 'a cypher'...it is not an opinion question.

Shape Shifter
Dan (the sprinter)

xxphreakxx
the detective?

JediHDM
no, no

Shape Shifter
the machine that they captured in matriculated

Agent Elrond
the scientist dude in Matriculated

Shape Shifter
was it Uki or Yoko?

JediHDM
*looks around* where are the usual suspects when you need a good answer. Here's an idea. go watch the animatrix and listen for the word 'cypher'...maybe, then, someone will get the answer right.

Shape Shifter
i can't its at home and i'm not

Shape Shifter
kid?

Agent Elrond
NO fair, I don't have it.

Shape Shifter
then u better hurry up and go buy it...i get the feeling that jedi is gonna be asking loads of qs from the animatrix

Numo
The Burly man

JediHDM
i already answered that question, and i posed another. Who, besides Cypher, is refered to as a 'cypher' in the Animatrix?

TheOne101
im clueless

Agent Elrond
I can't find any scripts of the Animatrix. I should know this. I must get it soon.

JediHDM
I just went back and watched it, and i made sure that, yes, they do actually say it.

Agent Elrond
The oracle???

Duo?

JediHDM
Alright, since apparently that question is too hard...

What is the licence plate number on Smith's car in Reloaded.

Agent Elrond
I know it!

IS5416

JediHDM
Very very good...i'm impressed

now you ask a question

Agent Elrond
I remember we talked about plate numbers a while back and found the thread it was in.

Ohhh, trivia question, well here's an easy one: Match each caption to their ships. ( i know some may not be know, some just name the ship and a crew member id no specific captain is named) In order for credit, u must get ALL of them right, in ONE post, so be careful.

JediHDM
Nebuchadnezzar - Morpheus
Mjolnir - Roland
Logos - Niobe
Icarus - Ajax
Osiris - Thadeus
Vigilant - Soren
Caducceus - Ballard
Novalis - Tirant
Brahma - Kali
Gnosis - Ice

and two ships missing

Agent Elrond
I think u got it. It was an easy q.

JediHDM
ok

From what did the brothers get the idea for the 'desert of the real'?

Agent Elrond
is this a movie?

Agent Elrond
Is this it?
Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulation

"It is the real, and not the map, whose vestiges persist here and there in the deserts that are no longer those of Empire, but of ours. The desert of the real itself."

Agent Elrond
If this is right, I won't be able to post a q until 3 pm EDT, so I'll take a raincheck and some else can post a question

JediHDM
Yes...that is correct.

Shape Shifter
oh oh can i ask? (and no thats not the question Jedi O.o)

JediHDM
...sure, why not...we got time to kill...

Shape Shifter
excellant.

When Neo is talking to archy, you can see what are supposedly past Neos in the tvs behind arcy. What did they (neos) all say?

Agent Elrond
F*ck u. I think that's one.

There are too many and I haven't seen Reloaded in a long time. I don't know all of them.

Shape Shifter
yes, but i put that up for jedi cos he doesnt know the answer either

Shape Shifter
and no it wasnt

JediHDM
well...since this question is nearly impossible, since there are so many screens, and each one says a different thing...however, i will say a few.

Bullsh!t!!!
Five ones before me
Five
Four
Three
Two
One
I'll rip your F***ing head off
You can't control me
F*** YOU!!!
That means, either no one told me, or no one knew.

...i am pretty sure there are other, equally offsetting phrases Neo coulda chosen, but i can't think of any others right off the top of my head. I would have to go back and watch again...and i don't have the DVD...

Shape Shifter
no no no no no no no no no no and no

Shape Shifter
there's one site that u can find them on, if u watch the dvd u can also find out what they say, but u need to have the subtitles on

JediHDM
its a retarded question...but everything i said was actually spoken. i know that fo sho.

Shape Shifter
they might have been said, but not the way u put them

Shape Shifter
ok ok u want me to change the qs?

JediHDM
you never said they had to be in order. If you wanted them in order, you should have specified when you said the question.

Shape Shifter
no i dont mean order as in who said what first i mean order as in get the sentence the right way around

Shape Shifter
okay okay new qs, name the captain of the Brahma

JediHDM
Do you know the captain of the Brahma, or are you just asking another impossible question just to ask?

Shape Shifter
yes i do know who the captain of the brahma is, now u gonna ask another qs...or are you gonna try to removed me from the exalted position of this groups smart@$$?

xeous
From what I've seen, Shape Shifter, you've done an amazing job of killing a good thread. Very stupid question about the Arcitect, BTW.

Shape Shifter
why thank you xeous, that wasnt my plan though. most people who have the dvd can put on the subtitles and watch that part of the movie, and you will be able to read what hte other neos say

JediHDM
Kali is the captain of the Brahma

Now, to bring this thread back to its former glory, prepare for the mother of all matrix questions...Explain, IN DETAIL, why the Merovingian called Seraph the Prodigal son.

BTW: NO BS ANSWERS!!!

JediHDM
...i have given you people 10 full days, and NO ONE has even posted a BS answer...what is the deal?!

come on people...think...why would the merv call Seraph the 'Prodigal son'? this is a toughy, as it will require the synthesis of multiple conversations between different people...but i know someone out there must have an idea...

shake zula
you just said no BS answers! make up your mind. very well then, i'll take a stab at it.

seraph used to work for the merovingian as a protector. my theory when he told smith that he has beaten him before was the time that he was in service of the merovingian... but alas, seraph consulted the oracle, he changed and decided to leave merv to protect that which matters most...

JediHDM
well, i am not going to say am i write, but that i what i think, basically...
you're turn to ask a question.

Shape Shifter
I would have posted a bs reply but u said not tosadbesides everytime i say anything, on any thread u jump down my throat, r u trying to choke me r something? sad

JediHDM
well, nobody said anything...i was thinking people were trying to kill this thread...and no, i'm not trying to choke you...

shake zula
i'm having a matrix brain fart... i can NOT think of anything to ask eek! so anybody, feel free to ask...

Shape Shifter
I knew there was a bad smell in here, i thought it was the last person jedi killed for giving stupid answers.

Name the three actors who signed on to the movie without reading the script first.

JediHDM
OHHH...a toughy...ok, lets see...there was Keanu Reeves, and Hugo
Weaving, and Carrie Ann Moss.

Shape Shifter
OMG! i think im gonna die of shock, Jedi got the qs wrong...i didnt think that could happen. None of the above people is one of the people that anbswers the qs.

JediHDM
i knew you would say that, so i bookmarked the pages that said those names...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/webweaving/hugo_weaving_interviews_322.html

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/special_packages/matrix/5814573.htm?1c

However, according to the IMDB trivia for Matrix Reloaded, Lawrence Fishburn, Jada Pinket-Smith, and Anthony Wongall signed on without reading the script. However, all three of my answers were correct. Perhaps you should open your mind to other possibilities...

Shape Shifter
u might want to ask the next qs then

JediHDM
laughing *shrugs* whatever...

let's try an easy one...Why were the parents of Sati named Kamala and Rama-Kandra? Or, what is so special about their names?

Agent Elrond
Rama-Kandra is, well, Ramachandra, the seventh incarnation of Vishnu, the Christ. To be more accurate about it, Rama-Kandra is the divinity of Christ.
In Hindu mythology, Kamala really is the wife of Ramachandra. (Er, maybe not exactly, but close enough. Kamala is an incarnation of Lakshmi just as Rama is an incarnation of Vishnu.) This is a matched pair , and like Neo and Trinity we can talk about them as if they were one person. Their daughter is Sati (although it doesn't work out this way in the mythology). Taken on their names alone, I think the meaning here is that from divinity springs perfect sacrifice.

Is this right?

JediHDM
um...well, i was really just looking for the reasoning behind their names, why rama and kamala are married, but ok!! not too sure about the Christ part, though...Hindi doesn't have a Christ.

your turn

Agent Elrond
In the movie Higher Learning (1995), what was Laurence Fishburne's first sentence?

JediHDM
um...this is a MATRIX trivia game...while laurence fishburne was in the matrix, higher learning is not...

Agent Elrond
K, i'll change it.

When Smith and Cypher are together, we find out that Cypher's real name is Reagan.
What does this mean?
Hint: I don't want to remember nothing? (no nothing)

Agent Elrond
another hint: US History, semi-recently

shake zula
ronald reagan and alzheimers...

Agent Elrond
close

BioLogos
During the Iran-contra affair, Regan said that he didn't remember various conversations, and/or that he wasn't aware of what was going on. This was immortalized by Peter Gabriel in one of his songs (I can't remember the title) in which he has the lines "I don't remember, I don't recall, I have no memory, of anything at all"

At the time, most of us thought he was lying, but now that we know he had Alzheimer's....

Note that another hint that The Bros were making fun of R. Regan is that Cypher says that he wants to be "something important, like an actor" (Regan was an actor before he was a politician).

Agent Elrond
bingo
ur q

xeous
Regan died today...

Agent Elrond
I heard. So sad. He was a good president.

BioLogos
I'm curious.... Does anyone here besides me REMEMBER when Reagan was president????

Here's the trivia question: what, if anything, is the "deeper" meaning behind Smith's name?? (I realize that this is old hat to some people, but I think it is cool...)

BioLogos
I take the thunderous silence to mean that everyone finds this to be obvious?
If not, directions to the answer are found on a license plate...

JediHDM
i was born in 1984, so no, i don't remember reagan the president, but i know he was a pretty good actor. i know because i have seen his movies, or some of them.

i assume you are refering to IS5416 which in turn refers to Isaiah 54:16 which says Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

and i didn't answer before cause i thought you were refering to cypher again (i dunno...so sue me)

BioLogos
I love the line "I have created a waster to destroy..."

When I found this out (in this very forum), it almost popped my mind. I had thought that all of the agents had been given generic names (smith, jones, brown) because they were programs without individuality.

By the way, there are lots of different translations of this passage, and some differ in ways that may be significant.

For example, the Oxford Study Edition of the New English Bible reads:
"It was I who created the smith
to fan the coals in the furnace
and forge weapons each for its
purpose,
and I who created the destroyer to
lay waste"

This is interesting because it says that the "smith" makes "weapons" "each for its purpose" (purpose obviously being important in the movies), and implies that the "destroyer" is not the same as the "smith".

Do we know that the translation you quote in your post is the one The Bros were referring to?

BioLogos
Jedi -- of course, it is now your turn!

JediHDM
no, i just found the first version off of Google and pasted it on here. stick out tongue

ok, my turn huh...name the room that is the 'end' of doubting Thomas and the 'beginning' of Neo.

i'm almost giving this one away here guys...

shake zula
room 303, is it?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>