Dead Reckoning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
Dunno if theres already been a thread about this but 'Dead Reckoning' is the alleged title for Romero's final part of the Living Dead franchise. Ive heard that the humans begin to rise again in this part and live along side the zombies who become a sort of underclass, the main theme of the movie is the class structure in society. Anyone go any additional info??

Jason_Krueger
Dead Reckoning

Two years have passed since Day of the Dead, and there are only a few humans left on Earth. The zombies are no longer a threat, because of their advanced state of decomposition, they're only anoying. There's also subplot where the human race thinks they found a cure for the zombie disease.

LATEST NEWS

2/12/04
Director George Romero recently talked with the UK-horror mag Shivers about this film saying... "I think Dead Reckoning could be the best Dead film I've ever done, but everyone in Hollywood's obsessed with doing Teenage Horror films and it's tough to raise financing, even for someone with a track record like myself, and everyone who's read Dead Reckoning loves it. It's a story about a class struggle amidst the zombie apocalypse with the rich and the poor living opposite each other - the haves don't want to be exposed to the zombies and they don't want to share their community with the have-knots. The Dead Reckoning is this monster truck that the hero of the story travels around in. Maybe if Dawn of the Dead's a hit, it will help my film get made." Thanks to CC.

1/09/04
George Romero is currently doing revisions for the script. Nothing else new, but at least we know he's still workin' on it.

1/03/03
Rumors have been going around that Fox has picked up the rights for the film. There has been no official word about it yet and it's still unclear if it will go direct-to-video or have a theatrical release.

N/A Date
Its been reported that that at this year's Fangoria Weekend of Horrors, George Romero said... "I do have a script at Fox for a fourth zombie film, which looks like it's going to happen...It's going to be the most expensive one...They're basically going to let me make my film and cut it back for R-rated release."

zombieman
Sorry, but i don't believe for one minute that nobody will grant Romero funding for this film. Romero alone must be a millionaire and would be able to afford to fund the movie himself.

There must be some other reason why this hasn't gone ahead.

Mordecai
He's working on Diamond Dead.

That's mostly likely one reason, and directors and so forth don't usually fund their own movies, it's too risky, if it flops, you're screwed.

tabby999
if they said "ok make this movie", then he could just make the fourth instalment couldn't he? just have it not NAMED as it, but circulate through the net and magazines that it is. or would the movie execs get wind of this plan and drop him?

Evil Dead
The problem with self-funding a movie is that now-a-days......it's pretty much a recipe for disaster. Studios have the industry on lock down. Studios either distribute their movies nation wide themselves or have distribution agreements with distribution companies. There really aren't too many mom and pop cinema's these days.....most are corporate franchises that also have deals with studios and distributors. You can't just take a home movie to a cinema and say, "hey, play this". Why on earth would somebody put up a few million dollars of their own money to make a film that they could only show at film festivals and college campuses?

The fact that Romero has had such a problem getting this movie funded just shows how ****ed up the film industry is. Sure......his 3 previous zombie movies are well known, household name classics. His movies defined a genre...........and even brought in a shitload of money as we remade Dawn of the Dead and it shot to number one......but I just don't think the man can make a good flick that people will go in droves to see......especially with the big horror revival that's going on right now. http://eastcoastjuggalos.com/forum/html/emoticons/icon_wank.gif

samhain
Are you saying that you think people wont go to see a Romero film?

Evil Dead
Note:

When you see http://eastcoastjuggalos.com/forum/html/emoticons/icon_wank.gif it denotes sarcasm.....hence the whole jerking off motion. If you didn't catch the line "The fact that Romero has had such a problem getting this movie funded just shows how ****ed up the film industry is." followed by every reason in the world why any major studio should fund his new zombie flick no questions asked, the icon will always be a dead giveaway.

samhain
Sorry, but that icon didn't appear on my screen. Fair enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.