Question about the texas chainsaw massacer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leatherface12
Ok I know that the TCM is based on a real life killer named ed gein but what I dont understand is did ed gein actually kill with a chainsaw? I know he killed but I dont know why they would turn the story into a chainsaw massacer if he didnt kill with a chainsaw. Thanks for your time.

slayer
he didn't actually use a chainsaw the only thing from tcm that had anything 2 do with leatherface was the grave robbery, it was all a big marketing scheme.

leatherface12
Oh ok. I just dont know why they made it a chainsaw killer.

LeatherLep43
the director of the original film (tobe hooper) was standing in the very long line. to him he felt like he was being tortured just by standing that long in a line. but anyways... he was standing in a line and right beside him in the aisle was a few chainsaw's being sold. he thought of just grabingone of them off of the stock and revv it up and just tear through everyone to get to the front of the line. and it would be kinda a massacre. so he took this idea and the next thing you know we have the Classic 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' in our forums! He did research i think and had to base it on someone. so he based the character to someone relatively close to Leatherface. whom is based on actions of Ed Gein. I don't know why he based it in Texas though! it is cool that he did. that is wear i live. and to see the word 'Texas' on the big screen is soo awesome!

leatherface12
Ok thanks you two. big grin

I Love Sirius
TCM was based on Ed Gein, true. But like the other's said, he didn't use a chainsaw. Well, we can't really say "based" either. I think "inspired" is more like it. Yes, Ed Gein did go out and do grave robberies, like in the movie. But what is also true of Ed Gein and TCM is that Ed Gein used people's skin to......let's say........add to his house decor. Inside the house, police found lampshades made of human skin, skulls on his bedposts, slippers made out of human skin, things like that. If you watch TCM closely, you will see some disturbing images involving their "decor". But that really is the only two things that inspired TCM. The movie "Psycho" is also based on his life. But I agree with LeatherLep43 and think that it's awesome to see "Texas" on the big screen.

HockeyFace
TeXas sounds so EVIL because of that X.

zinh
Rent the movie "Ed Gein" :P It was boring but it was the real story.

tabby999
yeah, well if you took little bits of different serial killers and put them in one, then eventually you'll get one uber cool (if you want to call then cool) killer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.