What drives up movie prices?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vagaryatwill
Does anybody know? Does it just go along with inflation? Do you think in 2015 we'll be paying $15 or more to go see a movie?

WindDancer
This thread might be moved here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/

A possible answer to your question might be production cost. If movies become more costly in the next ten years there is a posibility that prices might go up a buck or two. Not sure about it but when the original Aliens movie came out the cost for a ticket was $7.85 (adult). It might also involve the theater's prices. Certain theathers charge a little more than others.

ElectricBugaloo
Jesus

BarmyBrummie

vagaryatwill
Right. See I think that is cheap. I pay between $8-$10 right now and I only see it going up real fast....

forumcrew
certain theaters are a lot more.. it depends on theater quality.. production cost isnt that big of a deal seeing as there are still low budget films.. but it will go along with general inflation some as well.. 2015 is only 9 years we wont be paying 15 barring a crazy change in the world.. but prolly in some places.. as it is now i pay anywhere from 5 to 9 depending where i go

ElectricBugaloo
i pay at least $8 everywhere i go

JKozzy
$6 Matinee, $9 evening. But we have a theater with not the newest movies, but usually good movies, $3 matinee, $4 evenings, and... get this..
$2 Tuesdays!! eek!

ElectricBugaloo
oh yeah, matinees...

we have dollar theaters with...get this... $.50 Wednesdays

§pearhead
Kozzy eek! took the words right out from my mouth!

GO ZEOTROPE! rock

One of my assistant hockey coaches used to be the manager there, if you said that you were Marty's nephew or cousin they'd let you in free laughing out loud

G.P

Agent Elrond
U think ticket are bad, try snacks. I'm paying more money to eat than for the actual ticket. It's crazy!

big gay kirk
Y are ticket prices increasing? just look at the paypackets of the stars and the moneymen....

Fire
GP ofc if you go to the movies on the most expensive street in paris stick out tongue

G.P
I do but as a student, it's cheaper. I'm not so fool a man ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
then aint it even cheaper if you take an already cheaper theatre?

G.P

Royal_Knight
One reason why ticket prices rise is because of illegal selling of movies and downloading the movies off of the internet...

Production costs also raise ticket prices

silver_tears
I pay 15 bucks per ticket no expression
A good 30 bucks per movie outing stick out tongue

and Tuesdays it's like 9 bucks stick out tongue

Agent Elrond
Of it is a good movie, like Matrix, LorT, HP, I don;t mind paying 10 or more. It's a good deal. But if I wanted to see a 90 min movie, I don't want to pay even 8 bucks. Ticket sales should be based on each movie

Raz Jr

G.P
no expression Canadian Dollars ?

Hypernova
Those are really cheap!

We pay AU$14.50 Adults, AU$11.50 Students/Pensioners and AU$9.50 Tuesdays.

silver_tears
yea sad

silver_tears
it's all your fault mad
*starts a torch and pitchfork wielding mob* evil face

Raz Jr
that's why I dont visit the GDF stick out tongue

silver_tears
I'm gonna hunt you do and break your computer evil face muahahahaha

forumcrew
piracy hasnt made ticket prices go up, because it hasnt made box office dollars go down.. i can get any movie i please with few exception i still go to the theater though.. but the crap movies theymake i refuse to pay for.. good movies still make plenty of money along with bad ones unfortunatly.. and by the way your not paying that much canadian money isnt worth as much as US

silver_tears
well if people pay a few dollars and I'm paying 15 theres a difference, and our money isn't worthless you know roll eyes (sarcastic)

forumcrew
no it isnt, and normal theaters arnt a dollar.. theres a 1.99 theater by me but its older movies.. like once they leave theater before they are on dvd movies.. normal theaters are generally 8ish some more some less depends on area and quality.. 15 to you is about 12 here though which is still really crappy.. its funny we got to canada now to film because its cheaper but canadians pay more to see the finished goods

Raz Jr
cry

even if you do, I'll just get my old one working again stick out tongue

then I'll catch you and.... whistle

Mr Parker
yeah its inflation along with everything else and yeah thats probably what we will be paying. sad

yerssot
partly big grin

forumcrew
it may not be worthless but they sure love american money.. that strippers eyes lit up when i pulled out the US green

yerssot
as she thought "damn, another joe" laughing out loud

forumcrew
haha and i was too drunk to care.. "O Canada...."

anyone ever watch Insomnia or whatever its called with Dave Attel.. The place called Peels Pub in Montreal is where i was at and the strip club was about a block down the road.

yerssot
nono, it's "O Canaduh" laughing out loud

Lord Soth
It's just corporate greed...

The theatre in my area, we have $5.75 evening, $5 matinees. So I like it well enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.