Describe Good Charlotte (crappiest band) in 1 sentence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

goremaestro_666
Happy Dance

Describe the worst band ever in one sentence.

A sold out poseur pop band who never were famous.

DemonicSlayer
A bunch of wannabe punk BOYS that NEVER should of been introduced to music.

ElectricBugaloo
they're not the worst band ever...

i still reserve that title for ICP

total metalhead
^Well said.

GC in a sentence? How about one word:

Hypocrits.

ElectricBugaloo
A bunch of former punks who have sold out in order to make money.

DemonicSlayer
I agree with you...ICP sucks...

Df02
ICP are funny.......i wouldnt call them musically talented, but id rate them higher than GC purely because they arent a bunch of kids playing pop with a punk image

ElectricBugaloo
ICP have less talent than GC.

Df02
thats because theyre rappers lol........ and i agree theyre crap, but theyre funny....i rate them higher than GC lol...simple as that

trixygurl
Oh wow, ICP shouldn't even be condidered 'music' that is the worst krap EVER! If ya want sumthin funny to listen to, listen to Tenacious D cause atleast the have SUM talent! And as for Good Charlotte.... mad

Df02
each to their own as all you "i like music for individuality so hat pop" people are soo keen on saying, personally i prefer ICP...

H.I.M
good charlotte are one of the best bands in the world. if you listen to the music and lyrics properly, you'd like them, they're hot aswell. GC have had really hard lives, specially benj & joel, their father left them on xmas eve. you shouldn't dis bands that actually have pure talent and have worked hard to get where they are today. i think they deserve every single award they get and i wish them good luck in the future

H.I.M
sorry, forgot to attatch this

iluvpippin
crap, crap and crap!

claidisa_felton
could not agree more!!! people should just lay off them...you have no right to insult them like that.

H.I.M
thank you. i think i'm going to start a new thread now, titled"who loves good charlotte!!!" or something along them lines, 'cause you load of flowery twats have been insulting them, and when people insult them, they insult me.

Darth Revan
ok, first of all, having a hard life has NOTHING to do with making good music no

They have my sympathy and all but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and buy their CD messed

H.I.M
i never said "go by their CD" did i

Jeff_Atello
How so?

Uhh...no. Maybe Joel, the lead singer, but definitely not Benji.

Here's my sentence: Good Charlotte, while changing their sound, are still great, for the simple fact that I loved their self-titled album and they are the reason that I really started listening to punk music.

You can say what you want about them, but I will forever defend them because they got me into punk.

total metalhead
Their song The Anthem. If you know what its about (and I'm sure you do), you'll know what I mean.

claidisa_felton
but theyre not like other bands...

B_Ko
If I was a pregnant woman about to give birth to good charlotte, I'd stab the fetus through the heart with a coat hanger even after i had it aborted.

Darth Revan
No, I guess what I should've said is, just because they have hard lives doesn't mean I'm going to like them. And I apologize if you meant something else, but that's certainly what you implied by your earlier post.

amity75
A boy band and nothing else. They're no better than the monkees. In fact, wait a minute, the monkees were cool!

Lydia
All.............songs..............sound............the..............same........!!! miffed

Jeff_Atello
They are talking about not conforming. So explain how they're hypocritical.

Jeff_Atello
No they don't. Listen to their self-titled album. That's a great album.

I like the Monkees. But at least GC started out playing their own instruments.

trixygurl
hey I totally agree! Then they put out a clothing line What the f**k? so everybody can look the same??? I dunno

p0ser
GC.

My worthless opinion, (in one sentence)

1. They are a total disgrace to music.

Theres only room for one sell out punk band which we already have with Blink 182. Of course there are many MANY others, but Blink182 is the most popular pop punk band since The Clash.

With that said, I do feel that people can like whatever they want and I would never think less of anyone who was an avid fan of theirs.

The fact that people constantly argue over what is punk, what is not, blah blah , is just ridiculous and a total waste of time. Music should open minds...Not close them. ahhhhhh, so whatever you like I hope you like it because you actually feel it, rather then following a trend, whether its a pop or antipop trend. Just be you.

claidisa_felton
i like it because i can feel it...and yeh i think the argument over whats punk and whats not punk is completely stupid. i respect ur opinion more than most GC haters...thanks smile

ElectricBugaloo
they still have completely sold out; which kind of takes away any punk ethos any of the members may have had at any point.

I don't consider signing to a major label selling out anymore; getting wider exposure for your band is not a bad thing, and I never thought of why it should be so.

But the complete selling out thing is acting like MTV's bitches, making appearances on TRL, doing stuff that bands like O Town and N Sync do; we expect this from bands that are purely image driven--but not a band that is 'punk'. Their music resembles punk music infused with pop--which again, isn't a bad thing. Just the way they go about being celebrities...

total metalhead
Because they themselves are turning what was once the most rebellious and politically incorrect musical genre into conformist kiddie pop.

Good Charlotte are not punk.

Jeff_Atello
I will not wear Joel's sorry excuse for a clothing line. I'll stick to Atticus.

Blink-182 never sold out. And actually, The Offspring are the most popular punk band since the Clash. Look at record sales.

Uhh...you contradicted yourself. You said GC is a disgrace to music, but then you said people shouldn't argue over what is punk and what is not, and should have open minds. Where do you stand?

Electric Bugaloo>So they are getting appearences on TV shows? What's wrong with that? It comes with the fame

Metalhead> No. They are exposing a great genre of music to people who otherwise would have been listening to maufactured shit like N*Sync. I said it earlier....GC got me into Rancid, and nobody can say Rancid "isn't punk."

total metalhead
So what? Still doesn't make them punk. I know plenty of people who were got into metal by Linkin Park, and they know as well as everyone else that Linkin Park aren't metal.

Yes, obviously Rancid are punk, no ones saying they're not, but GC aren't. And who says everyone who listens to GC will automatically go out and get into Rancid, The Stranglers or The Ramones? GC are pop rock, and pop rock is what they're exposing to the world.

StinkFist462
they are brain washing the kids to think that dressing black and listening to them turns them Punk Or Goth .. or whatever the hell they call them selfs

Black Onyx
no expression no

StinkFist462
yes ... explain how they ARENT brainwashing ..

Black Onyx
huh no not that you moron *bit.ch slap*

StinkFist462
oh wow .. i sure felt that slap from the magical energy coming from my computer screen and your words eek!

Black Onyx
shut up

Jeff_Atello
Their music may not be punk, not the typical defiition of it, anyway. But you have no idea who they really are.

total metalhead
They're pop rock. End of story.

H.I.M
i will send hate mail and chain letters to any more people who dis GC, so you load of crap hypocrits should watch you bloody tounges and your post from now on!!!

amity75
What is a "tounge"?

Jeff_Atello
Whatever. They have a right to dislike them, even though they don't have a good reason. It's cool to hate Good Charlotte now.

Black Onyx
breathe hun

claidisa_felton
yeh...its like titanic...everyone used to love it and now hardly anyone does.
i still love good charlotte...and titanic for that matter
i think lord of the rings is going out of 'fashion' now. but johnny depp is coming into it, which means people who like him for his acting (like me) are getting pushed aside to make space for teenies.

Darth Revan
I will tell you what I said in the other thread: You have no right whatsoever to go spamming people because of their opinion on a band. I'm sure if Joel and Benji and friends were asked about this, they would say they didn't want people sending hate mail "in their name" so to speak.

PurityKnight
don't really give a f*** about em

ElectricBugaloo
The point is, it's not punk.

punkyhermy
singing about their dads not lettin them become singers wont get anywhere!!!!!!!!(simple paln)

BackFire
35 year old adolecence who whine about their "daddy" issues and wear makeup and dress funny to get peoples attention off of their crap music.

BackFire
If you do that, you will be banned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.