You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DemonicSlayer
Does anyone even wanna hear rap music anymore? Its all about sex and drugs. At least metal is more interesting. I'm sick of hearing about rappers smoking up blunts and having sex with every ho. Like anyone cares! miffed

ElectricBugaloo
if you judge something by what you see on MTV you will always be sorely dissapointed, unless you are a consumer whore. Before making a damning denunciation of an entire genre of music, give it a chance; I'm not saying give Ludacris and Nelly a chance, but actually listen to some of the stuff you don't see on MTV.

Blackalicoius
Aesop Rock
Sage Francis

I don't think that I've heard a song by any of these acts about smoking blunts, or any other of the hip hop stereotypes. If you based your views on rock based on what is on MTV, then you would say it sucks; Puddle of Mudd? Trapt?

total metalhead
Oh for the love of god not another 'lets all trash rap' thread.

I'm sure that soon enough you will meet a certain member called hockeyhorror, and I'm pretty sure he will advise you to listen to some underground hip hop before you make any judgements on a genre you have only experienced on a mainstream level.

I listen to some hip hop, and even though I have a limited knowledge of it compared to some people on the forum, I'm pretty sure I can tell quality hip hop from shitty gangsta rap (which is what your describing).

ElectricBugaloo
It's not gangsta rap on the radio now, really.

SOME gangsta rap was good, NWA, Dr Dre's first album.

Now...it's just mainstream rap

DemonicSlayer
That's what I'm saying! All this shitty gangsta rap shit! I'm not degrating ALL hip hop. Not every rapper out there sucks. But most do. It just doesn't make any sense. All my friends at school listen to that gangsta shit. I see no talent in most rap songs.

WindDancer
LOL I like the title of this thread! laughing

DemonicSlayer
Thanks...But most people aren't on my side with this rap stuff.. ><

forumcrew
its not all about it.. a lot yes but theres still talented and influential artists and songs out..

you saying cant spell crap without rap shows intelligence level im dealing with though.. you cant spell dumb without U..

and you obviously care or you wouldnt post about it.. I do agree a lot of rap is stupid but not all of it..

DemonicSlayer
This guy at my bus stop tells me that Metal and Rock are just the same as Rap..

total metalhead
And the commonly forgotten creator of gangsta rap, Ice Cube.

ElectricBugaloo
you can't spell "this guy at my bus stop" without yugioh

DemonicSlayer
Ok ok, maybe I'm being a little harsh. It's just that i guess it's a little more popular down where i live. People down here ONLY listen to rap. Anyone who listens to a different genre of music is called a freak.

ElectricBugaloo
oh, i could go on for a while on the good gangsta rap, i was just stating the first two that came to mine. good call, though

WindDancer
Early rap was fun to listen to. Then it became Gansta rap and all that hip-hop stuff, and that's when the whole business lost some fans. I still find the title of this thread funny. lol!

madsci
and you can't spell demonicslayer without spelling "lame."

is this the mentality of members and the methods they are using to get their opinions/points across? i can appreciate the fact that you have an opinion, but you're not thinking before you type. why don't you look through some older posts and threads about hip hop music vs. rap music. attempt to learn something new, instead of allowing your intellect to remain in the depths of ignorance.

there may be no "i" in team, but there is "me", only seperated and backwards.

madsci
hip hop purist

HockeyHorror
agree^^

Myth
I hate rap and I hate the way rap lovers defend rap (most of the time). On a track trip I made a comment about the rap song to a friend and this other guy got all defensive. I said, "I hate this rap, all they are doing is throwing together whatever words rhyme together in a phrase." Btw: The song is all about where the guy would have sex with this girl and was as simple as saying rhymes such as "in a jicuzzi, in the back of a movie,"... etc. The guy turned around in the van and said, "Actually if you listen, they are actually saying words." I was like "No shit? I realized they were words (dumb ass is what I wanted to say), I'm just saying that they are taking any two words that rhyme and throwing them together." Then he said, "Actually there is meaning to this song." Again, I said, "Really? The one about how he wants to have sex with the girl and would do it anywhere? Thats a pretty weak meaning. It doesn't go in depth at all." This time his response was, "Us black people get a little something... its called pussy." I told him I was unaware that white people were asexual sense we apparently reproduce without getting "pussy." He then said that the population of white people is decreasing because they can't get pussy while black people do so their population is increasing. Now, I'm not racist, but I used racist back sense he started the racial attacks and I said, "Actually dumb ass, the population of whites is increasing but just not at as fast of a rate as black people. Thats because black people are primative beings and primative beings have to reproduce as much as possible to survive." I wanted to kill that son of a *****. BTW: I don't really mean that statement, I just used it as a verbal attack against an *******.

ElectricBugaloo
wow, you're dumb

HockeyHorror
no expression

HockeyHorror
True Hip Hop= http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f59/t290148.html

HockeyHorror
im trying not to get pissed laughing out loud

*eye twitchs*

ElectricBugaloo
you just posted 3 times in a row.

madsci
myth> first, by making those comments, regardless if you meant them or not, you label yourself as a racist. second, even if the ignorent individual you were "conversing" with is a racist, don't answer racism with racism. that is simply inane and idiotic. finally, we members are all that much more stupid by you posting your moronic comments. i personally would like to thank you for serving as a living example of ineptitude and lack of intelligence, and showing the world, and this forum, that you are the type of person who should never be allowed to use the internet to spread your putrid, vomitous, bile of irrational thought.

again, thank you.

madsci
hip hop purist

ElectricBugaloo
madsci, i liked my response better...

jk, well put

HockeyHorror
madsci good job. but i edited what i said cuz it was similar to u but alot more cussing laughing out loud

Myth
Well whatever. I was pissed at the guy and I said it so there is no taking that back now. I prefer to think of it as I was calling him primative. I actually have no problem with other races and I apologize to anybody I have offended.

MF D00m
Some people are idiots...I'm glad we have Madsci and Hockey to let people know how ignorant they are.Just because they haven't heard good hip-hop, doesn't mean it does not exist.I suggest you stop listening to the radio and stop watching music videos.

HockeyHorror
agree

GREAT AVATAR D00m

how the hell do you find that pic??????

amity75
I'm not a huge rap fan but you can't knock it. If its done well then it's faultless. Every genre of music has its shite bands. Rock music has Warrant for example. Rap should be listened to very carefully coz theres a lot of sense in there and it's important stuff.

<<Solo>>
wtf Rap is awesome....Eminem, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre. If you hate them I don't know what drug you've been on maybe PCP....

<<Solo>>
Exactly what I'm trying to get too.

HockeyHorror
Solo- The 3 rappers you mentioned are...CRAP!!!

Eminem, 50 cent and Dre are crap. Literally.

everyone that wants a GOOD taste of the hip hop culture, go to the hip hop thread in the music forum.

Black Onyx
i love you
wait ru a boy or a girl

HockeyHorror
pay attention to the entire THREAD!! Black Onyx

Black Onyx
im sorry

HockeyHorror
smile

dont have to be

Black Onyx
wow myth *trying to hold back emmotions*

RAP SUCKS the old stuff was soso now its all full of bullshit whore ****ers

Darth Revan
yes well said yes

MF D00m
WRONG

Alias "divine disappointment"

my frustration aimed at what i created has me feeling discombobulated.
i hated the boredom, so i reinstated entertainment
for my well-being, now i'm seeing i made the wrong decision.
my project had appeared easy but had no direction and precision.
beginner's luck,
only up to recent times do i feel stuck.
i'm the only one to blame for things that ran amuck. i built up,
a universe that is now building me, you see
technological advancement is the creater now, and all things to be decided,
will have not even once touched my hands.
my quote unquote followers still constantly fill the stands,
on the so-called sabbath day, for years it's been this way,
but these people can't figure out,
whether it's the first or last day to pray.
they seem to think that i'm forgiving of all,
which means they have a scapegoat, if they happen to drop the ball.
i've been coined with various names, none of which to me are flattering.
they look to me for a guidance, but to me they do not matter in my eyes.
there's nothing i can do to help this situation,
when they have internal conflicts with their whole congregation.
they gather every week and speak of me in song,
these beings i created in this project gone terribly wrong.

chorus:
you all claim that you know me,
but you really don't, ever forgiving
you say of me, in reality, i really won't.
from the day i gave you life to your last annointment.
you have all been nothing but divine disappointment.

so now i'm stuck to figure out what i should do at this point and time.
these creatures think that there's an afterlife,
so they spend their life benign. they killed another creature years ago
that claimed to be my son, so now they mold their lives
after him and claim that he's the one.
the one that will save them, lead them to a new breath.
i hate to break it to them, "i have nothing for you after death."
so carry on if you wish unknowing, thinking breath is wind blowing,
magnifying light bulb is the sun, and tears of rivers flowing.
think that every bad thing that happens to you is at my will,
like bankrupcy, adultery, and the reason why others kill.
go on to be mislead as you have your entire life,
think that i'll somehow reward you for all your pain and strife.
i can't control destiny, where'd you come up with that notion?
there's no cure for aids, so don't even bother with that potion.
i didn't create the disease to punish others,
i didn't even make it, so if you have that frame of mind
you go ahead and break it.
i'm sick and tired of feeling responsiblity for all of you ungratefuls,
unwilling to share with the starving while you enjoy all of your platefuls.
even if i had the power to help you, i wouldn't even bother.
so stop thinking that i love you and stop calling me your father.
i didn't plan on you evolving into this mess with which i deal.
asking for my forgiveness when you lie, cheat, and steal.
what the hell do you want me to do? try and save yourself.
i can't help your marriage, chlldren, or status of health.
my problem's far away any of your so-called devastations,
like this oncoming war between the so-called united nations.
i regret making all of you, you make my blood pressure climb.
i wish i didn't make you but even i couldn't turn back the hands of time.

MF D00m
Sage Francis "Broken Wings"

she's a fairy with broken wings. i used to go watch her perform,
and if she hears me, i hope she sings the songs,
that had me goin' right back...couldn't find anyone in town to talk,
about how no one like that...should be confined to the ground we walk.

she glides...so much it seems like she floats and these folks,
decide...to crush her wings until they're permanently broke.
she'd ride...gusts of wind just by the way she spoke.
she cries...but loves to sing songs of freedom and hope.
on the east side...hustling, discussing things that we quote,
in shallow conversations as if we have deep throats.
we choke on our confusion, not sure if it's a heat stroke or if we need coats,
trading in our cheap jokes for c-notes.
i see notes being passed, i ask to see what these creeps wrote,
to find silly kids had flying privileges revoked.
ski slopes have been blocked off...they can't chance it.
had weights tied to her ankles, she most definitely can't skip
town. she's held down by the transcripts my hands grip.
i tried to tie her wings back on before they're once again clipped.
panic stricken...she'll remain stuck
on a titanic sinkin'...but she's tryin' to stay up.
change her plan, thinkin'..."it's okay." see this is strange but,
abraham lincoln freed the slaves in a way that kept them chained up.
i'd like to see her take flight into the stars,
instead of letting her fly free, they keep her in jars.
instead of letting 'em fly free, they keep 'em in jars.
i put my hands to the glass so hard that it might break the prison bars.
it isn't hard to see why they keep her captive,
she's naturally attractive, speaks with ad-libs, she's uncommonly talented.
ain't enough adjectives to do her disposition justice.
kids are wishin' for just a kiss and it's a mission to touch her lips.
they can't trust her with freedom of movement. that's a chance to lose her quick,
if she ups and splits, so you might as well call that discussion quits.
they have ways to keep her down. the government's underlings
enslave people in this town...especially if their culture's rich.
exploiting talents, making her do a bunch of tricks,
with the rest of the wingless imports, repeatedly told:
"you ain't a fairy, you just a *****!
with a butt that's thick...
so rub your ****...
and thrust your hips...
and suck my dick...
and run your shit...and run your shit...and run your shit..."

she's a fairy with broken wings, i used to go watch her perform,
and if she hears me, i hope she sings songs,
that had me goin' right back...couldn't find anyone in town to talk
about how no one like that...should be confined to the ground we walk.

when i was down in new york, she'd send me letters and i read her passages,
about how i left her to the savages.
no matter how sad that is, i didn't cry,
'cause it was only a matter of time before they'd figured me out and tried to strip my pride.
i knew the scoop...wish you could've seen the blueprints in my eye,
when i flew the coup, utilizing overground railroads in the sky.
it was live or die. let me let you in on this secret of mine,
me and you are different, girl...we don't even need wings to fly.

keep on singing. give it a try. give it a try.

MF D00m
I have a lot of them.

HockeyHorror
Black Onyx- i guess you were WRONG. same with myth. if u think those lyrics are bad then you're mentally stupid.

D00m- great pics man.

Darth Revan
oh god... This thread reminds me of a song..

"we do the same thing every night, I swear I've heard this song before" blink

They've changed something in the Matrix. I'm having a deja vu... blink

OBloommyday
rap is NOT crap! mad

is an artistic music! only that lame maitstreat hip hop is CRAP! hip hop is full of poetic lyrics and beats that make people want to hear more! hip hop is an art!

Myth
Obviously its not all bad. Generally though, their lyrics tend to be about drugs, violence and sex. Other than that, I still dislike the style whether the message is meaningful or not.

Ninjamaster
REALLY??!!!

I suggest you move away from main stream commercial rap and listen to stuff from people like Mos Def ,The Roots, Dead Presidents, The Beatnuts, former Tribe Called Quest stuff, Outkast, the Wu-tang well their old stuff and other shit like that.
Don't judge the rap game on what see of it now believe me it's durable and has undergone a lot of changes. I started listening to rap like when I was 11 so I kinda know what I'm talking about.

This modern rap is just bloody pop and I'd encourage you not to categorize the rap-game on this shallow score.
Real hardcore rappers who're tru to the game like Mobb Deep don't just rap about forties and whatever it is you surmised.
I'm a big rap fan but I'll tell ya I do not fancy Jay Z or Ja Rule.
I'm for soldiers like Nas and others who take time to use their talents to expound truth gutter style unlike the many who just wanna talk crap cuz they seen the money.

Raps here to stay baby and I'm sorry to say since Nirvana they aint been any cool rock act!

ElectricBugaloo
Myth, you're just digging the hole deeper and deeper, showing your ignorance on the subject you are speaking on. While we have given you many artists who do not talk about you keep ignoring this and going back to the same damned argument over and over. Even though we have proven this argument to be only viable to mainstream rap. You are just showing yourself to be, for lack of a better term, an idiot.

HockeyHorror
Myth you're not understanding. we are not talking about mainstream rap. if u want ill post lyrics of underground hip hop.

MF D00m
Get ya lazy ass up from in front of the TV and get out more.It's obvious you watch too much TV.

Myth
You guys are really defensive aren't you (mainly you EB)? You don't need to attack the other person so harshly to get a point across. Try explaining your opinion more rationally rather than using your temper to guide your words. Anyway, I don't like the style of rap because it just doesn't appeal to me so I'm not going to start listening to underground rap. So therefore, yes, what I am talking about is mainly mainstream rap. And it is a stereotype because lots of rappers DO rap about that crap. You guys don't need to post more lyrics to prove to me that its not all bad because I've already stated that its not all bad. Personally, it just doesn't appeal to me.

BTW: I don't watch much TV. Its just that the rap that I hear is through other people so its the mainstream stuff.

Darth Revan
Excuse me, did you just insult Nirvana? You have moderately good taste in music as far as rap goes, but do NOT badmouth Nirvana. And I don't care how much you hate rock, both rock and rap are here to stay.

Other than that (and what you said about Nas... I don't like Nas..), I agree with you.

Myth
He didn't badmouth Nirvana. He was saying that Nirvana was the last good band. Everything since is bad.

WindDancer
I don't think all that Gansta rap is all mainstream. All that bitches and ho's is BS! Also all that money talk is plain nonsense! But then again I don't listen to hip hop so I'll just read other people's comments.

Darth Revan
heh, sorry ninja. But I still have to disagree with you. There are plenty of good bands around, just not generally the ones they play on TV.

MF D00m
You're saying that hip-hop in general is like that, but it's not and that's what we're saying.The rappers that rap about guns,sex,and drugs are outnumbered by the ones that don't by a long shot.Mainstream rappers are really the only ones outside of a few underground acts tryin to go mainstream, that rap about "crap".And if you wanna talk about hip-hop in general, then hip-hop is full of intelligent and creative rappers.The good outnumber the "crap".That's all i'm trying to say.Don't talk about hip-hop "in general" being "crap" when you don't know what you're talking about.

MF D00m
He/she isn't insulting Nirvana.They're saying that since Nirvana, there hasn't been a good rock act.He/she is saying that Nirvana is good and since them, nobody else has.

ElectricBugaloo
let's take a stroll down memory lane...

MF D00m
hahahaha

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

smokin'

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

MF D00m
Hip-hop is not like that in "general".There are A LOT of rappers you've never heard of that don't rap about "drugs, violence, and sex" and they outnumber the ones that do.

Here's just a small list of rappers that don't rap about "crap":

gruf the druid
optimus rhymes
infinit ptenchul
furious minds
los nativos
sonic sum
cannibal ox
double helix
subtitle
toolshed
ellay khule
oddities
jesse calico
dialectx crew
poisen pen
daily plannet
schoolz of thought
eyecue
blame one
hilltop hoods
taskforce
naptron
soup the chemist
black panther
voice watson
funkbunker fleet
pocket dwellers
ya no
pete of the cuf
casual
side effect
purest form
otherwise
ex2
liferexall
why knows
swamburger
existereo
the opus
grouch
murs
eligh
luckyiam.psc
bleu collar
knowmatic emcee
factor
poetikal
spirit agent
konfident
indepth
hangar 18
innaspace
omid
scott free
malay sparks
pterra dacto
tame one
sunspot jonz
the empire
dezin8ed
randy & pseudo
snafu
moka only
reef the lost cauze
satchel paige
jason the argonaut
orko
pase rock
jakki da motamouth
epic
sixtoo
buck 65
escape artists
serengeti
tachichi
moves
centric i.e.
dream warriors
the crest
onry ozzborn
mathematik
elusive
jizzm
s.u.n.
bending mouth
CMA
alaskan fishermen
equipto
moonrocks
conspiracy
styles of beyond
classified
sebutones
ayentee
xololanxinxo
style misia
kanser
cesar comanche
frek sho
playdough
awkward why
genelec
omni
norman
morse code
piceas
tajai
ink operated
red clay
offwhyte
pugslee atomz
creature box
105 aka
noah23
baracuda 72
konceptual dominance
jeff spec
jesse dangerously
anacron
araknophobix
a-o.n.e.
josh martinez
jonathan toth from hoth
AD
blak forest
kay the aquanaut
governer bolts
dos noun
nobs
cee!!!!!!!!!
the drunken arseholes
intel agents
kunga219
pip skid
mcenroe
mr pinkgitch
bookworm
Yy
psicobabble
organics
warcloud
netherworlds
dalek
musab
phlegm
farm fresh
park-like setting

HockeyHorror
AH! the great list of doom laughing out loud

and the list still goes on

HockeyHorror
this discussion reminds me of the lyrics for

Lootpack- Whenimondamic

Intro:

Ha Ha Ha Hah, yes yes
Return of the B-boy style
Props to all the B-boys and B-girls in da house
("Cuz when I'm on the mic I like to speak freely"wink
Check it out

Chorus:

I got the vibe, 1, 2 check 1, 2
Wild with the style, 1, 2 check 1, 2
Does Jack wreck the rhyme? Hell yeah
"Cuz when I'm on the mic I like to speak freely"

Yo, as easy as it may seem MC'ing is not a capa-
bility for most to possess, you gotta catch up,
Take the time to create, construct demonstrate
Set wack MC's straight, drinkin' a V8
I'm like a baseball player on track, got on steel cleats
Represent the contra style until it hits the streets
My backbone attack wack poems, got mad rap tones
I destroy fake Madlib beats and Crackerjack poems (Ha-Ha)
It's time for lunch already, yes past lunch
I eat MC's like Captain Crunch, I attack and I punch
Rapping in such different styles that's unlike yours
Wack MC's, I point you out and point out all of your flaws
All of your jaws get broken, styles no jokin'
Battling straight up battling is what I'm provokin'
But I'll die before this wack MC infects the
Hip Hop industry to the point I cannot breathe

But if Wildstyle dies before Wild Child wakes
I pray to God to step down and take out all them fake
MC's, pretty please

(Chorus)

Down with the Liks, Jump straight from the bass onto the kicks
Non-freestylin' MC's fall straight down in the pits
My name be Jack, spontaneous freestylist when I catch wreck
Brothers bite me so hard saying my rhymes I ain't even wrote yet
So I take it to the max, take out Fake-Funkin' Jacks
Get to the point as I rock over Madlib bumpin' tracks
"You used to get busy at open mics?" Nah, I still do
I kill crews, lyrically, spiritually, yo I will do
Anything it takes to bring B-boy style back
And the thanks for you to make ya say my rhyme style's phat
But I'll die before these wack MC's infect the
Hip Hop industry to the point I cannot breathe

But if Wildstyle dies before Wild Child wakes
I pray to God to step down and take out all them fake
MC's, pretty please

(Chorus: 2x)

Darth Revan
oh god... I couldn't name that many rock bands, even if I could include crappy ones... I know there are that many, just that you seem to know more about music than me..

Ninjamaster
You hate rap that's the end of it please keep your negative observations about it to yourself. It's pretty disrespectful to the people who value it more than a form of expression but as a way of life.

Ninjamaster
You definetly got me wrong there.
I LUV NIRVANA!!

Ninjamaster
If you can name me a classic band for the present I'd love to hear it.
Some like P.O.D,Linkin' Park,Offspring are all right but very few come close to the level Nirvana set.
As for Nas I prefer pre-Stillmatic Nas. However the recent 'I can' track aint to bad.

HockeyHorror
i never liked Nas...like i said in other threads after Illmatic he went downhill. sad

Pac went downhill when the beef started with W vs E

Biggie was always downhill (i dunno y people like his music)

i've never seen a respected underground hip hop artist go downhill....

well maybe Common since he did sell out on the fans. sad

Darth Revan
No, Linkin Park suck. They have no instrumental talent, their vocalist sucks, and why the hell do they have two DJ's? If you listen carefully, you'll notice that half their drum beats are artificial--artificial beats are fine for hip hop and rap, but not rock. Offspring are good, POD are ok.

There are still talented bands out there. It's sort of like hip hop--you won't hear the good ones being played on MTV.

Tool, Incubus, SOAD, Offspring, Green Day, A Perfect Circle, LostProphets, U2... Just to name a few.

HockeyHorror
2 dj's??? laughing out loud

they must be eithe rreally good (which from the posts i doubt) or they just idiots.

Myth
Yes, I realized what I had said and apologized. I didn't think things through rationally and I came across as a bastard. For that, I apologized. But at the same time you started doing the same thing to me and started using name calling during an immature attack even after I apologized.

Also as I said, I may have been wrong about saying "generally" but this statement above still remains true.

HockeyHorror
you are still not understanding completely.

Darth Revan
One of them is quite good, and should really quit that loser job and make a real life for himself, because he definitely has the talent. The other one just sort of stands there and looks cool...

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

Myth
That may be true because everybody is bias but I'm trying to be civilized about this (not saying you aren't). I feel what I'm saying is true though so maybe my expanation is just off and you aren't understanding what I'm saying. Do you agree that it is a stereotype that rappers sing about that stuff? Because stereotypes start somewhere even if its not the norm. Some rap about that stuff which gives the rest of rappers a bad name.

HockeyHorror
no myth i disagree with you.

and most of u dont understand what rap and hip hop are

hip hop is the culture and rap is what you do. i think KRS-One said that.

Underground Hip Hop is more complex and the lyrics make you think.

mainstream hip hop is all violence and stuff.

ill post lyrics to underground hip hop.

HockeyHorror
Aesop Rock- Daylight

great song smokin'

Yo...put one up shackle me, not clean logic procreation
I did not invent the wheel I was the crooked spoke adjacent
While the triple sixers lassos keep angels roped in the basement

I walk the block with a halo and a stick poking your patience
Ya'll catch a 30 second flash visual
Dirty cooperative Neptune blue head hurt splits
Ridiculous fathom the splicing of first generation
f**k up or trickle down anti hero smack (Cracking!)
I paste the game to zero all completion green (Splash!)
Took an early retirement pick a dream
American nightmare hogging the screen
I'll hold the door open so you can stumble in
and you would stop following me around the jungle gym
Now it's an honor and I spell it with the 'H' I stole from heritage

Marry crutch stolen wretched refuge refuse my teaming resonance

I promise temperance storm breed with a leaning conscious
In a credence relax responsive with my sports outsource the wattage

And I'm sleeping now (Wow!) And the settlers laugh
You won't be laughing when your covered wagons crash
You won't be laughing when the buses drag your brother's flags
into rags
You won't be laughing when your front lawn is spangled with epitaphs

You won't be laughing
And I hang my boots to rest when I'm impressed
So I triple knot them then I forgot them
This origami dream is beautiful
but man those wings will never leave the ground
Without a feather and a lottery ticket, now settle down

All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day,
put the pieces back together my way.

Slacker bounded imitated tabloid headlined with the post
Shimmy cross the centerfold, and a dead time in ghosts

Giving crumbs for the better souls with seven deadly sins
To hear the plane to crystal conscious
To results a low life counting on one hand what he's accomplished

Ok, lift me to activism chain activate street sweep
Plug in deteriorating zenith pen dragging
I hack swords wars for the morbid spreading of mad men
Now he's got soul
Sitting there licking log cabin in Charlie Chaplin waddle
I could zig zag and zig 'em again for the bad dreams
Sparking my brick wall windows another thicket storm
And if one night in Gotham without the wretched
Houston we have a problem
Dispatch a task of infested patch of city goblins
Who split how many freaks with box cuts of a high road bellow
Heads ripped! Watch red bricks turn yellow
Sort of similar to most backbones at camp Icarus
Raw feelings start congregating at pamper for bickering
Life's not a ***** life is a beautiful woman
Your only call her a ***** because she won't let you get that pussy

Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests
Or maybe you're just an ******* who couldn't sweet talk the princess

Kiss the speaker wire or either pass it for some pagan thresh hold

Stomach full of halo kibbles
Wings span cast black of porn visuals hear the duck hunt ticker
tape
Vision and pick apart the pixels
I got a friend of polar nature and it's all peace
When I seek similar stars but can't sit at the same feast
Metal Captain!
This cat is asking if I've seen his little lost passion
I told him: 'Yeah, but only when I pedaled past him'

Myth
I honestly don't think you are understanding what I'm trying to say. You just admitted that mainstream hip hop (which includes rap) is all "violence and stuff." The culture (hip hop) and the style (rap) run together btw. Anyway, a couple posts ago, I even said it was probably just the mainstream. But you are telling me that in the underground hip hop, 'nobody has bad lyrics?' I know you aren't understanding what I'm saying because you even posted more lyrics. Posting good lyrics does not prove that there are no songs that have bad lyrics, it just proves that its not all bad (which I said earlier).

Myth
BTW: Its not like rap/hip hop is the only type of music with a bad rep. Rock is often viewed as "devil music."

HockeyHorror
actually i haven't heard one average song from the underground. everything i heard from underground hip hop is above average.

Ninjamaster
GreenDay now aint that something! Where are those boys I haven't heard from them in a long time?
U2 is real good too, however my statement didn't apply to them as they've been here even before Nirvana.

I also used to like Smashmouth, Massive Attack, OPM ,MatchBox 20, Beck, Red Hot Chilli Peppers though i'm not too hooked on the new stuff. I've never quite figured Oasis they can be pretty good and reaaal bad so...

However Nirvana still kicks-ass more than these by a long shot!

total metalhead
Smashmouth, Massive Attack and Matchbox 20 arent good. OPM arent even a rock band. Beck used to be good. The Chilis are better than Nirvana.

ElectricBugaloo
Smashmouth--meaningless pop fluff
Massive Attack--haven't heard too much of their stuff
OPM--ditto
Matchbox 20--see Smashmouth
Beck--one of the more underrated artists of the 90s/00s; he totally reinvents himself with every album he makes; unfortunately most people just remember him from "where it's at". I think that Sea Change (all acoustic) is his best album.
RHCP--Great band that has 3 great CDs, some mediocre ones, and some REAL bad ones (pre-Blood Sugar Sex Magik)
Oasis--Beatles ripoffs.
Nirvana-- :: puts on flame proof suit:: Very overrated; they were a good band, above average, but nothing on the scale that people put htem on today; they just happened to be the right band at the right time.

madsci
forgive me for the liberties i have taken with your post.

the 30,000 dollar question is...is there a difference between hip hop and rap? the answer is yes. are there common characteristics between the two? yes, but they are as different as they are similar. the line between the two is a fine one. a line that all too often is blurred by artists who sit on the proverbial fence, in regards to their contribution (or lack thereof). the actions, words, message, and overall presentation is sufficient enough to classify them as rap or hip hop.

am i saying that fans dictate whether an artist is hip hop or not? yes, but only partly. true fans of artists know when artists are making music solely for the money. we are all aware that monetary compensation is part of the music industry, but it is not the sole reason to create music. if that becomes the main purpose of writing/creating music, of any genre, not only are they corrupt, but a sell out as well.

that is not to say that talented artists are not allowed to make millions of dollars for their art, it's just that they should not make that money if it is not justifiable. money is not the root of all evil, it is the "love" of money that is the root of all evil. therefore, the artist classify themselves as well by their actions, despite what they say.

an underground artist can easily become a mainstream artist by following the wide and open path laid out before them by conglomerate record labels and corporate giants. once that step is taken, it is almost impossible to cross back.

there is poor quality music in all genres, but that does not classify the entire genre as crap. would any sane rock music fan utter led zepplin and (80's hair band) poison in the same sentence? only if it was to contrast classics verses s#!.

madsci
hip hop purist

Myth
I agree with the points you made madsci. Its good to see an explanation. Its kind of like the difference in messages between bands like System of a Down and say Slipknot. Btw: I'm curious when these debaits turned into an arguement between underground rap and mainstream. Wasn't it originally just 'rap'?

Myth
side note: madsci, I noticed that you post "madsci, hip hop purist" everytime you post. So why don't you just put it in your sig? Just curous.

madsci
excellent point, i have never thought of that.

madsci

Ninjamaster
Wel I'm a huff fluff man and I reckon Smashmouth have more originality and creativity than AAF or SUM 41.
Chilli's were there before Nirvana if I'm not mistaken.

What about Jon Bon and the Verve.

Oh whatever the controversy I think Marilyn Manson is friggin' genius.
Screwed in the head totally but a genius nevertheless

So what the hell are OPM?!

madsci
although i am not too much into marilyn manson and his music, i think he is an extremely intelligent business man. the best part about it is that he knows what it takes to piss people off. i think it's great.

madsci

ElectricBugaloo
Jon Bon=Jon Bon Jovi?

cause he sucks

total metalhead
That maybe so, but I don't remember saying anything about either AAF or Sum41. And I don't care where The Chilis were, that was my comment about them being better than Nirvana, it had nothing to do with your opinions.

Jon Bon Jovi = shit
The Verve are ok, a bit boring at times but still undeniably talented.

OPM are hip hop. Well, sub-standard hip hop.

MF D00m
The poster formally know as "madsci hip hop purist" hehe

Ninjamaster
I thought as much. Besides I was just getting a feel here anyway you're right absolutely.
I just used the Sum 41 angle to show that Smashmouth have some originality.
I wasn't trying to impose nothin'.

madsci
"madsci hip hop purist" is the 'poster' b-boy for real hip hop.

as always,

madsci

Izam
I hate rap. most of you are right. The only thing that is required to be a rapper is that you can rhyme and are whorney 24/7. Really, I don't even think of rap as music. It all sucks... hard. ^^ I love making fun of losers. especially losers that think they're cool. I get a kick out of it.

Izam
oh, and by the way, what the hell is the difference between hip hop and rap? oh well... It won't change the sucky quality of the music.

Izam
** IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL IT MUSIC!**

madsci
izam,

please do yourself and all of us a favor and read some of these posts before exemplifying your otherworldly ignorance. you are entitled to your opinion. you are entitled to be an idiot as well, but don't come up in here blasting ignorant comments like that. i will not even attempt to steer you in the right direction for answers to your questions. nonetheless, i believe you would be much more successful if you'd address your concerns and complaints with the nearest brick wall.

good job tiger

madsci
always the hip hop purist

HockeyHorror
Izam...go back and read the past posts...

Ninjamaster
I bet you must feel reaaaal cool now....
Shameful!

fuct_up_kid
i agree with you...i'm absolutely sick of rap. the lyrics have absolutely no emotion. and no, i'm not talking about underground rap but i don't want to listen to that. if you don't believe me, look at the lyrics to Get It On The Floor by DMX

Let's get it on!!

We don't give a what what!!
We don't give a what what!! (shiet)

Get it on the floor
Get it get it on the floor (WHAT?!)
Get it on the floor
You don't wanna party then your ass gotta go (WHAT?!)
You don't wanna party then your ass gotta go (C'MON!)
Now you can ride to this mother****er (uh)
Bounce to this mother****er (uh)
Freak to this mother****er (let's get it on)
Get it on the floor (WHAT?!)
Get it on the floor (WHAT?!)
Get it get it on the floor (that's right)

Once again it's the darker nigga
Hit or spark a nigga, break apart a nigga
But the dog is bigger, under stress
So unless you're wanting to bless to the chest
These slugs from his liver rest REST!
Or the pump'll put a hurt on a nigga
DUMB SEX, mother****er feeding dirt on a nigga
My hands stay dirty, cause I play dirty the mob way
You don't know? **** it find out the hard
A nigga's job is never done
I handle my business how it come
And there's never been a one on one
Nor has there been a problem, I dissolve them
I'm like salt, lock it up
Hate to fall but never wreck his car
And it's my fault, keep niggaz on point ducking down
Niggaz like you need to get bust you ****ing clown
I extort to support my peeps
And hold down the fort, never get caught cause I creeps NIGGA!

I'm at the crossroads, look but I'm not really sure which way to go
Should I play that low for what I did the other day
They on their way to float, got me striking this random
I can't stand em, fake ass niggaz want to be the Phantom
Looking over my shoulder, cause it's colder than it was
And start shorty, because I'm a little older than cuz
And the buzz from the saw, wit the chain to your brain
Will turn that BIG NIGGA to a ****ing stain
That pain from the dirt makes the hurt go away for a minute
But I'm gon die by it cause I'm like knee deep in it
And you mother****ers wonder why I start shit
Cause when you look in my face you see that hard shit
Cause I done been to hell and back I ain't wit selling crack
I'd rather rob a nigga leave him wit a shell up in his back
On the real just to show proof, hit the G.W.B.
And blow the whole roof off the toll booth ***** ass nigga!

When I crawl, leave a nigga sprawled out after I spoke em
I'll slit his throat, dick in the mud and let his blood choke em
Up north niggaz get the pick stuck up in em
And in the streets bitches get the dick stuck up in em
My M.O. is man-slaughter kid
Cause on the reals I done wet up more mother****ers than water did
Slid, cause I got to slide when the dirt is done
A homicide but they want me on the Murder 1
But as long as I got my gun, I'm aight
Stay outta sight while it's light, and then come out at night
To make moves again, stomp and bruise again
I know I'm going to hell cause I choose to sin
All my mother****ing life I been the Devil's advocate
Now niggaz never even knew the devil had a kid
But he does and when you hear the buzz of the chainsaw
You'll know what I'll split your mother****ing brains for

Don't start nothing, it won't be nothing
You wanna start something, it's gon be somethin
Yo yo CMON!

fuct_up_kid
does anyone else find the words nigga and ho extremely annoying?

HockeyHorror
you are a fuct up kid.

did u read all the posts!?

not all hip hop is about pimps gangs sex etc etc

HockeyHorror
and if u dont want to listen to underground rap then that shows u just makin fun of mainstream rap cuz u have nothing else to do.

PATHETIC!!

here's lyrics to underground

Illogic (poetric rapper)

LOT OF EMOTION!!!

Illogic- Hate In A Puddle

I hate when it rains, cause in puddles I encounter this guy
Unable to give a rebuttal but swift as the pain flood his eyes
wonderin why he's a gift with no purpose
A priceless one-of-a-kind piece that's worthless
Grounded with no surface
And when he shows one, it's of sod
Cause inside he fights feelings that he was mistake by God
I see his confusion and self-deception
Questions of relevance and intelligence
He holds an illusion of self-acceptance
that he shows to those outside lookin in
He's outside lookin in to his own life; lookin for strength
to carry on as a pawn in this chess game of existance
In his mind he wants to go on to the dawn
and leave the stress that came with existance
Hopin in death he'll find life
Cause as he lives, he roams the dark, tryin to find light
He's made his heart so hard, he doesn't even cry anymore
Cause he's confronted sorrow frequently
His heart's been broken frequently
It's like he's lost some part of him and just haven't found it
yet
So in his search, he's left with nothin but questions and regret
All he wants to know is how one day, he's content
and the next day he's cryin
cause his life isn't what he thought life meant
He just wants to be happy, with his love and all
But too often I get messages through telepathic calls
He's askin me through a puddle what more must he endure to
continue
But for some reason he knows he most endure to continue

When I walk past puddles, my reflection calls beggin me
to answer his questions about life and his perceptions
and tell him why I hate him so much
And you wonder why I hate him so much?
Now when I walk past puddles, my reflection calls beggin me
to answer his questions about life, and his perceptions
and tell him why I hate him so much
Damn, I wonder why I hate him so much

Why did I hate him so much? I wondered, pondered on the
question
What in my mind caused me to despise my reflection?
I didn't know I just knew when I saw him, how I felt
and hated the fact that he had to play with the cards that he
was dealt
He's come in contact with some ill things that can't be
explained
Life's extracted his energy to where the pain can't be contained
So to me he comes, sheddin tears like skin
Intimate with some, only the ones he calls friends

If he even exists, he only exists in pain
It's like his life is a myth
and he's been blessed with the gift of shame, I mean
From birth to love he's been betrayed
He's an unknown in how to cope with that pain and dissapointment
he's come to know as he's grown
He feels he stands alone in this world of puddle images
And he awaits the time for when, time finishes
He tries to elevate thought, but he's still chillin in the
basement
Awaitin a rebirth of his soul as it fears it's spiritual
placement

God I pray you can give me a purpose or help me find it
Cause on this narrow path of self-damnation, I can't find it
Is it somethin I need to know, some way I need to grow
to get out of this rut, God give me some self-trust
Love is somethin I'm lookin for but I've found it, or have I?
I wanna live but can I, or do I have to die to?
I try to, have life but my life seems kinda worthless
as I'm starin at this puddle
God I pray that you can give me a purpose or help me find it
Cause on this narrow path of self-damnation, I can't find it
Is it somethin I need to know, some way I need to grow
to get out of this rut, God please give me some self-trust
Love is somethin I'm lookin for - thought I found it, or have I?
I wanna live but can I, or do I have to die to?
I try to, have life but my life seems kinda worthless
as I'm starin in this puddle

{*music changes*}

I sit alone in dismal silence
Peering into the eyes of my reflection
Wondering if his thoughts are adjacent to my own
What visions of eerie savagery
are passing if purity lurks in the mind of he who I mirror?
Lookin at him I am disgusted
He lacks beauty in all external areas
and internally he seems so confused
Perplexed with this conundrum of life
He proceeds to function or cope, lookin at it realistically
Esteem he lacks, in all areas of existance
Reason unknown
What is the cause of the lack of this self-acceptance?
I mean it seems like he needs constant assurance
Some type of ritual proof that he's even worth the oxygen he
breathes
A, light that shines upon him
Is his living in vein? Does he have a purpose?
Answer - eternally unknown

fuct_up_kid
i never said it was...all the hip hop i've listened to is. and i have no interest in underground hip hop. let's leave it at that.

HockeyHorror
what HAVE u heard from underground hip hop.

fuct_up_kid
none...that's what i'm saying.

Holy Man
shut your fecking mouth, rap is just as good as rock, although you are right, they need to cut down on the sex and drugs, but i like them both, it's country that sux stick out tongue

BackFire
Rap music is too repetitive. It's the same 10 second beat looped for 5 minutes, while some guy speaks "poetically". I've heard some underground hip hop, still sounded basically the same. The lyrics are better, but the formula of having the same beat looping for 5 minutes still annoys the hell out of me.

HockeyHorror
not underground Backfire^ like mainstream rap they loop the beat every 3 sec.

SOME underground artists might loop the beat but switch it off constantly.

HockeyHorror
fuct up kid&gt; if u haven't heard anything from underground hip hop then how can u judge it?

BackFire
Hmmm, well, like I said, I just heard some of it. Never claimed to be an expert.

HockeyHorror
true. but yea u are right, hip hop is mostly just loops. like thats mainstream hip hop song by J-Kwon- Tipsy. the beats are ****in annoying and simple.

Hit"Em"Up
why you hate on rap?

i like rap.

you dont see me posting shit saying rock or metal sux. i like that also.

just because your sick of it dosent mean you godda be a whiney b*tch.

Hit"Em"Up
i agree with hockey.

not all rap is just gangsta.

take a look at eminem he raps abought his life.

2pac raps on everything that goes on in our world.

ja rule ehhh he aighnt rap.

no one should judge anything without listening to some of the rap artists. go to lyrics.com and go to 2pac or notorious b.i.g

Darth Revan
I hate Eminem... Tupac is good, don't much care for Notorious B.I.G...

HockeyHorror
man hit em up ur still not gettin it. there is more to the stuff u see on tv and radio. ja rule and eminem suck. pac was great in the beginning but later fell with all that outlaw shit

Darth Revan
yeah... At risk of sounding cliched, I will say that Tupac is more popular since his death... Made him seem like more of a "thug".

HockeyHorror
agree^

i feel like listenin to the song Only God Can Judge Me

pretty good song.

HockeyHorror
and Hit Em Up

Mobb Deep is better than Pac
same with Chino XL

Hit"Em"Up
i know ja rule sux.

eminem is kool.

but how the **** are you gona say mopp deep is better?

**** mobb deep and **** chino

GABRIEL05
Oh the good ol' rap sucks thread...Seems people never wanna give this up. Next they'll be saying some sh!t like the Egyptians (kmt's) were white or something...

Hit"Em"Up
where the hell did egyptians come from?

gabriel shut the f*ck up and pay attention.

you make no sence.

Df02
there were probably some white egyptians :P perhaps very pale Arabs, especially the women since they were hardly ever allowed out of the house stick out tongue

EDIT: ignore this post its just me pissing around

Darth Revan
Mobb Deep is better than Tupac. Pac is overrated, he's like the Nirvana of the rap world. Nirvana is great, and they loved what they did, but they weren't the best. Same with Tupac.

Gabriel&gt; Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous... What amazes me is that some people like bashing hip hop just because they need something to bash...

Hit"Em"Up
dr what else are you gona diss on?

what are you gona say run dmc is overrated?

HockeyHorror
hit em up Shut the **** up

you dont know shit about hip hop.

dr doesn't listen to hip hop and he knows more than u.

tell me, why does Chino Xl suck? and mobb deep when they are lyrically better than pac.

i bet u haven't heard shit from either chino or mobb deep

u just say they suck cuz Pac dissed them. pathetic.

fuct_up_kid
i didn't judge it... confused

Darth Revan
you dissed Mobb Deep so I sure as hell can say Pac is overrated... I didn't even really "diss" him, all I said was that he's not the best. That's not by any means an insult.

HockeyHorror
if u have no interest in underground hip hop then y do u ignore it and keep dissing mainstream?

Holy Man
does anyone like outkast?

zombieman
Whoever started this thread is an ignorant bastard, you can't just taken an entire genre and lump every band from it into the same category. There are good rap bands and there are good metal bands, how can you say that all rap groups sing about those things? Have you heard every rap group in the world? No you haven't so keep your narrow minded opinions to yourself.

Hit"Em"Up
outkast is decent.

i only liked bombs over baghdad.

im mostly a old school hip/hip /rap fan.

HockeyHorror
Outkast is alright right now. but in the past they were ONE of the greatest. i really liked their album Atliens. DOPE!!!

yea i like ol' school to. which artists do u listen to thats old school hit Em up?

AbexTar
I KNOW TALENT AND RAP HAS NO TALENT!!!!!! METAL AND ROCK RULE!!
MY FAVORITE BAND IS LED ZEPPELIN YEA THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! smokin'

Darth Revan
GUESS WAT YOU COME ACROSS AS A COMPLETE MORON WHEN YOU BASH STUFF AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND POST THAT GODDAMN ALBUM COVER AFTER EVERY POST HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!:LI@H!#@I$!#@@$AWE~
!#!@L$I@:$IOH @:#OI$J#@:$IH#@:OI$%H#@:IL$@#HIH:~O!I#hahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!1

HockeyHorror
"Frightened neighbors have reported seeing a strange man in a metal mask running around the hills of Los Angeles."

actually its just MF DOOM

laughing out loud

http://www.stonesthrow.com/records/covers/MADVILLAIN-money-amb-line-4.jpg

it could have been Tar also....

§pearhead
whippdy dippdy do thumb up

People have different tastes, please respect that.

HH--laughing out loud you need help

digmahstigma
heh. i never really got into rap, mainly because i hadn't been exposed to any that i liked. after hilltop hoods got big here though i've gotten more interested in it. thanks for the lists of underground rappers, its really opened up my eyes :P

later days.

HockeyHorror
Spearhead= lol nah MF DOOM is one of my fav rappers. i wish i had that mask laughing out loud

Darth Revan
laughing out loud As much as I like MF Doom... I can't help but thinking he has a screw loose up there confused

I can picture that happening with Marilyn Manson... "Frightened neighbors have reported seeing a strange man... err woman... err somebody in a lot of makeup running around the hills of Los Angeles." laughing out loud

http://us.ent3.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/new_line_cinema/blow/marilyn_manson/blowpre2.jpg

HockeyHorror
LMAO

yea i think Doom has a bit of a problem. maybe lol

damn that MM pic looks scary!!

Darth Revan
Yeah, Manson is pretty damn weird... And definitely a little scary...

HockeyHorror
MF DOOM has many alter egos:

MF DOOM:
http://www.stonesthrow.com/records/covers/MADVILLAIN-money-amb-line-4.jpg

Viktor Vaughn:
http://www.exclaim.ca/images/up-points_viktor_vaughn.jpg

King Gheedorah (ummm not sure if this is him laughing out loud but it suppose to represent the monster from Godzilla)
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/kingghidorah/kingghidorah2.jpg

KMD (with his ol' school crew) (i dont know which one is him, i think the one on the right)
http://www.cosmik.com/aa-january03/pics/jason1.jpg

turkesa
Hi!
In fact there is a lot of crap written without being Rap you know? There are good and bad music in every genders (don't know if is the correct word, sorry, hope you understand what I'm saying). I'm not gonna tell you that all the Hip Hop is good cause it isn't, theres a lot of sh*t in there, but theres also good things... I really like Last Emperor. But all that crap that you ear and see on mtv is only made to sell...and it seems that there is a lot of dumbs to buy it... stick out tongue
I think that if you ear some good hip hop you'll gonna enjoy it... give good Hip Hop a chance! stick out tongue hehehehehe

Kisses Happy Dance

Spicy_Mchaggis
you cant spell crap without rap?... amen!!!
the only hip hop i can stand is, beastie boys and the streets.
british hip hop. check them out

Darth Revan
Haggis, if you read the entire thread, it would give you a much better understanding of hip hop...

GABRIEL05
My dear ignorant friend... either you have piss poor reading comprehension skills, an anger problem, or you the inability to convey sarcasm over the internet, but whatever the case may be with you, you obviously didn't understand what I was trying to say in my last post and need to re-read it and think about what it means.

finti
peopel chill down a bit or this thread closes

HockeyHorror
Gabriel&gt; laughing out loud

DR&gt; laughing

finti&gt; plz dont close

GABRIEL05
I remember the first time I heard The Streets I thought it was a joke (albeit I thought it was ok) then I found out that that guy is dead serious and I was afraid for the future sad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>