ID Cards UK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cermiestar
ID cards????? why why why! it's like tags....and i know i'll loose mine! stick out tongue and you have to have your FACE scanned.....interesting....

Yerss, Fire, Storm....does belgium have them? or did i make that up?

G.P
Hi Cermie *hugs*
I think ID cards exist in most countries, yes. I do have one.

Why does this bother you that much ?

Chelsea23
We have to wear ID cards at our school if thats what you are talking about.

silver_tears
I do too big grin
not wear, but have smile

G.P
Oh... I've got a special (ID) card for school too (As a matter of fact I have had one since the age of 10 ( I still have them all !!! happy )

Now the School ID card is necessary to enter the school...

Jamief90
I don't see the problem with an ID card, what wrong with carrying a card that proves who you are, its only a problem if you are going to do something wrong. We already have National Insurance Cards, driving licences, passports etc

Storm
No, we don' t have school ID cards. At least, I' ve never had one. It' s possible that schools are using such an ID card system here but I don' t know any.

Ein Kun
our staff have to wear them, butnot students. They can tell who we are by our uniform

Thanks british school system, for giving us crappy clothes for 13 years of my life ^_^

cermiestar
ok now i feel left out stick out tongue

holdenhsvgtsr
eek! the one on my student ID is bad enough

Asami
I remember when I got my National Insurance card. I lost it within weeks - never had it replaced either.

Fire
yerss and me had school ID cards yea

and well everyone who is belgian gets an ID card every four years (starting from the age of 12)

cermiestar
do you loose it? stick out tongue

Storm
Losing your ID card (not school card) is a very bad idea messed

Kes
I have an ID card since the age of 10. They are good to prove who you are and stuff.
And I've had school cards also since the age of 10. They are good for discounts (school ID).

yerssot
I don't get why you (cermie) asked specificly about belgium...

Fire
You need to sign a form (you get from the cops to explain how you lost it) losing it once isn't a problem (costs about 5 euro's) losing it a second time costs a whole lot more.

a police officer can detain you for 24 hours if you're 12 years or older and dont have your card on you.

amity75
Knowing my luck every card issued in the UK will have its own number and I'll get 666.

Krosus
Can only say its about time ID cards came in to UK all the bleeding heart liberal types whinging about privacy and human rights. It's like CCTV 99% of the time you don't even register the cameras when you wander around town centres etc, the only people that need to be worried are those with something to hide.
true example:
A work colleague car was hit from behind by a van she got out, they took each others details down and then she passed on info to the Insurance company, turns out the guy had faked his information and she could never get the insurance money .
If ID cards were compulsory he wouldn't of been able to fake his details and she wouldnt of been out of pocket by 400quid.

Baylin
Yes ID cards are good I'm always getting into a state where I cant remember who I am, so it'll save me twisting round to look on the tag on the back of my jumper.... stick out tongue

yerssot
back of your jumper??? wow, that's a lot better than writing it in your underpants like Abraham Simpson

Baylin
laughing out loud Well me is smart!

yerssot
you're not american wink

Baylin
tut tut carefull what you say Yerss you dont want that mad Bush trying to grow in Belgium! wink

yerssot
we're already one of the evil countries according to him

go ahead, ... let him make my day evil face

Baylin
hate to say Yerss but with his current trend he's more likely to unmake your day!

yerssot
the brute! mad

I'll give him a huge chocolate evil face

G.P
(off-topic)whistling1

yerssot
problem being?

Fire
those UK cards include finger prints and iris scans?

Asami
Not sure how they work... But its on trial now. In some ways its good for 22 year olds (like me) who always get asked for ID when purchasing a hard drink but then my license already does the job.
And these days clubs and bars seem to be asking for ID a lot more and they want something with a photo on it. Sure, we carry our passport with us.. As if! The other is a driving license, but not everyone drives.

I remember once I showed my license as ID when I went to a bar, this **** looked at it and said but your date of birth is 1999 - I said to her - Do I look like I was just born? Stupid!

acoates22
its the way david blunkett thinks its going to solve all terrorist problems so we shouldn't be worried anymore...

Fire
I dont think it will solve all terrorist problems, but will solve a lot and invasion of privacy my ass

cermiestar
because......on the news it said that belgium already had them big grin

Fire
yep altho not with finger prints and iris scans

cermiestar
they're going to have face map things too.....weird

yerssot
no iris or fingerprints, don't trust the english media, cermie wink

cermiestar
wel...an id card......

yerssot
well... yeah no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.