rotk beats up Jurassic Park

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
Brandon Gray from boxofficemojo.com writes: 'Return of the King' has eclipsed 'Jurassic Park' to become the 6th highest grossing domestic movie ever domestically. 'ROTK' achived the milestone on Monday, climbing to $357.4 million versus 'Jurassic Park's $357.1 million. However, this could be the highest 'ROTK' will chart domestically -- #5 'Spider-Man's $403.7 million should prove insurmountable for 'ROTK.'

manny321
its also #2 all time worldwide!!

LegolasLover411
Sweet!!!!

shadow link
and what a number 2 soon to be only the second movie ever to pass the stil coveted lol 1 bill mark giving both hp's a good bashing and the top 5 looks quite nice now (coz of 2 lotr movies in there)

1 TITANIC
2 LOTR: ROTK woo hoo
3 HP number 1 (thats right the second didnt do as good)
4 LOTR: TT woo hoo
5 Jurassic park 1

and LOTR: FOTR just missing out at like number 7 or something but above hp 2 woo hoo - the 3rd hp is doomed to make even less

Kitoky
I have to agree that the second HP was sorta choppy..

orlandoOYEA
I think everyone was a little dissapointed with the HP movies, and once they saw the first, they refused to see the 2, 3 ,4 , ect.

Thank god lotr rocks the hizzous

Iirima
HP was: no expression

GO LOTR!

pip-foot
yes. HP movies were a HUGE dissapointment, luckily LOTR ones just got better as the went, not worse like most movies do big grin

raven guardia
I know you guys will think I'm dumb but......I like Jarassic park better then LOTR. I love dinosaurs and Jarassic park is Killer dinosaurs! what could be better big grin

Iirima
Well...we respect your opinion. big grin But LOTR is my favorite...and hopefully always will be... stick out tongue

raven guardia
and I also respect your opinion wink smile

Bar-en-Danwedh
6th highest grossing domestic movie ?

DOMESTIC?

director from New Zealand, filmed in NZ, edited in NZ, SFX in NZ,
cast from New Zealand/Australia/England
and like 2 actors from the US....

hmmmm...

glaurung
Good point Bar, but i suspect that they're considering it as domestic because it was US FUNDED

I once got in a big arguement with a guy because i dared suggest that Jaguar were still British cars even though they were now owned by Ford

manny321
no domestic what it made in the US and CANADA and thats like 358 million dollars.

azszhz
i must comfess actually that i would go see the 3rd cuz i have to know how they butchered it i just have to
maybe its just a curiousity problem but... it was my fav of the books

and YAY Rotd is the best movies ever!!!!!!!!!

nazgūl-lord
amen to that
LOTR ROCKS!!!

Ushgarak
Errr, that attempt to quibble on domestic is ludicrous. It was marketed at the US audience and financed by US money and in any case the term 'domestic' simply refers to its US takings, not where it was made.

And I will remind people that the straight numbers are misleading- you need to look at inlfation adjusted figures, in which ROTK is not in the top ten yet.

manny321
inflataion is actually comparing admessions not money.

Ushgarak
It is the more relevant figure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.