Elektra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elektra_lover
Come on be honset who else is lookin foward to it i sure as H*** am big grin

kal-el
Should be good. In case you didn't know, Terence Stamp, yes thats general(KNEEL BEFORE) ZOD is playing Stick.

chilled monkey
I am definately looking forwards to this movie. Jennifer Garner is amazing and can easily carry her own movie.

This will be great!

Elektra_lover
Totally agreed she is great

Never
I am not. She looks nothing like Elektra, does not move like Elektra, does not act like Elektra.

Horrible casting. Elektra is GREEK. She does not look like she was raised on a damn farm in Idaho.

Jennifer Garner sucks.

In my opinion.

Elektra_lover
JENNIFER GARNER DOSEN'T SUCK I KNOW EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION BUT THAT IS PROBABLY THE MOST RETARD THING I'VE EVER EVER HEARD!!!! mad

Never
Thank you for your input, fanguy.

who?-kid
Elektra has eyes as cold as ice, and is very strong-willed and stubborn.

On the picture you attached, she looks like a hooker (a cheap one).

Just my opinion.

chilled monkey
Never: If you watch an episode of 'Alias' I am pretty sure you'll change your mind about Jennifer Garner. She's beautiful, a great actress, physically talented (she studied ballet for years), what more could anyone want?

Who is this "Stick" anyway? Is he the movie's villain?

Paola
I agree Jen doesn't look like Elektra.... but she did a good job playing her yes

norrin radd
come on people RELAX, jennifer gardner is a lovely women, but never actually is right, because look at elektra physically she has nothing to do with jennifer gardner, look at her skin, her hair.

Never
Chilled...*sigh* With all due respect, how can you admonish me for my views of Jennifer Gardner as Elektra when you do not know who Stick is sad

Hmm...how to put it? Stick is to Elektra what Pai Mei was to Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Cruel, mystical grandmaster of martial arts who tutored her for a good while before he cast her out. When Daredevil "lost" his sense ability, he sought Stick.

Excellent description is here:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/stick.htm

Gina Gershon, in my opinion, would have been WAY better as Elektra. Why why WHY did they cast a pure white woman? Boooo.

Anyway, Bill Sienkiewicz's Elektra is the quintessential Elektra, in my eyes - like Jim Balent broke the mold when he drew Catwoman. This is Elektra.

http://www.ultrasparky.org/img/elektra_1.jpg

http://comicverse.free.fr/Images/Entretiens/ElektraAssassin.jpg

Not that...other garbage.

chilled monkey
Did you complain about the casting of Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin just because he is African-American? He was the perfect choice for the role; he had the vocal talent, the acting ability etc Those traits seem far more important to me than colour. Whenever I think of Kingpin, that is who I imagine.

As I said before, Jennifer had all the right qualities for Elektra. In any case, she is a wonderful actress and probably a great person to know. Don't go insulting her just because you don't think she was the best choice for one role.

As far as I'm concerned, Jennifer Garner is the definative Elektra.

norrin radd

Elektra_lover
Well thats what the director wrote for her

norrin radd

Never
Um no, because Michael Clarke Duncan had the PERFECT voice, the PERFECT demeanor, the PERFECT build, the PERFECT height.

I really could care less how wonderful a person Jennifer Garner is. Halle is probably a wonderful person but she blew goat balls as Storm, just like Jennifer Garner blew llama nuts as Elektra.

That being said, I respected your opinion, and you are quite out of line for attempting to instruct me on how I should respond.

And, again, you apparently know little about Elektra the character if you think Jennifer Garner is the "definitive Elektra," not to mention your ignorance of Stick.

chilled monkey
Perhaps I came on a bit too strong. All I meant was that your first post sounded pretty insulting to me. If you would have preffered a different actress as Elektra, then fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I said something that suggested otherwise, then I'm sorry.

It's just that, saying that Jennifer 'sucks', is offensive to fans of hers. There was no need for it.

ScarletSpider
I totally agree, and I think they did a bad job with the casting of Elektra. Garner is a good actress and all, but she doesn't look like a GREEK assassin. They should have had her dye her hair and do something just to give her the look of a more mediterranean descended person. Then again, it becomes a task of finding a person who's a good match, and sometimes it just won't work out. Hugh Jackman is a great Wolverine, but I'm pretty sure he's not 5'3".

Duncan was a great kingpin, for his character, race doesn't really matter, he's a poor kid from the Bronx (or Brooklyn, can't remember at the moment) and it's just as easy to find a poor african american family as it is to find a poor caucasian family.

However, I do hope the Elektra movie kicks ass, even if the casting may be a little botched, the writing can still be great, and the acting and everything else that goes into making a good movie. Plus, if it does well, that's money back into Marvel's pocket, and that gives us more comics and more movies.

Elektra_lover
Hopefully Elektra MovieS

VENOMfan
Gina Gershon I would have never thought of that, I thought she was goregeus thats not the problem but could she train or last the sufficeint training to sell Elektra's moves?

but then again with the F/X they got nowadays whats not possible

Darth Jello
i don't really see the guy from the last sammurai as Matsuo tsurayaba, that was a bad decision.

tkitna
I always thought Salma Hayek would have made a good Elektra.

VENOMfan
oooooo this just in Typoid Mary is in it. and she will be played by 26-year-old model-actress Natassia Malthe.

for more click this
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/509/509031p1.html?fromint=1

Darth Jello
that's one thing i don't get, considering elektra and typhoid have never even met in the comics. even so, fairuza balk is the perfect typhoid mary.

the only thing nice about this is that it links two marvel movie franchises....Typhoid Mary is a mutant.

SpyCspider
See the thing is, with all the social issues nowadays, RACE IS an important factor to CONSIDER if you want to capture the character correctly to the non-comic-knowledgeable audience.

To me, Michael Clark Duncan was an OK choice for Kingpin because he had the build, maybe the voice, but simply did not have the quintessential look of a "rich, white, elite-upperclass mob boss" that the comic and the 90s animated series of Spider-man portrayed. Wilson Fisk to me had to look imposing and make you think of a corporate fat cat immediately when you see him. To be frank, in today's society, the majority of such stereotypes in the US are white and for a film to capture that stereotype, I think a white actor would have been better. Michael Duncan didn't look evil or someone I thought Daredevil would find scared of. I forced myself in every scene with him to imagine him as THE Kingpin and it kinda fell flat.

As for Garner, I don't think she's pretty at all...ick, that dimpled chin. Partly because I remember her looking even worse in Pearl Harbor with that short hair and annoying nurse role. A lot of times the writers have to blame for what the actors/actresses can do but Never was right about the image of a "farm girl raised in Idaho." Not someone you see practicing around with sais and running on rooftops to battle Daredevil. The closest character who I can think of at this moment with the right Electra character would be Jen (Zhang Zhiyi from Crouching Tiger, HD).

Maybe the next movie, Garner will be more vicious and coldhearted.

Just my 2 cents.

who?-kid
Yeah, she was awesome in that magnificent movie, though I think she looks just a little bit too young to play the part of Elektra (not sure though). But then again... she rocked in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Tiger, so she could do the same thing in Elektra !

Wynndar
I think Zhang is one of the hottest girls on the planet....I jus love her roles as a warrior/ bad ass....something about that is really hot....im not sure why

Never
Hmm. The "non-comic-knowledgeable" movie goer is not particularly interested in a cinematic bio that recounts the character's origin verbatim, are they? Or are they even interested in 100% accurate portrayal? How can they be when they are not familiar with the character? Spiderman not having webshooters, anyone? Rogue in Xavier's mansion at that young an age (she was still with The Brotherhood)? Same with Pyro?

Does Kingpin "look evil" in comic books? No; no Ming The Merciless type sneer. No sinister, mustachioed countenance. Bald, big, square, and no facial hair. If you painted him white would there be any complaints? Hmmm. Why no comments about Rebecca Romjin-Stamos' portrayal of Mystique?

Not understanding your taking umbrage with Michael Clarke Duncan who is black yet endorsing Zhang Ziyi who is not white (greek)?

Wynndar
Elektra is GREEK. She does not look like she was raised on a damn farm in Idaho.

HAHHAHAHAHAH

Yea Zhang would still not make any sense as electra...they could get any young thin actress who looks mediteranean....Jennifer Garner is not built right...have u seen that ass?...u cant assasinate with an ass like that ....maybe play volleyball smile...they need a thin model type girl or something...who is less girl next door looking...Electra should be kinda dark, aggressive, intimidating.

VENOMfan
LMAO damn thats funny, Im going to pray that somewhere some how........Jennifer Garner see's your post Wynndar. thats friggin great

Wynndar
hey im not saying she is not hot...she is jus not built like electra...her ass is too big....its still nice, her ass is great....jus not how i would imagine electra

VENOMfan
I dont know, she's like that chick on sienfield. she looks good in certain light IMO.

but her ass is a "tad" big

Wynndar
hahaha

Arachnoidfreak
well, Mystique is BLUE. name a human who is friggin BLUE. you cant. they could have gotten Tyra Banks to play the part, it doesnt matter, they paint the actress blue. the point here is, Rebecca is HOT. and NAKED. drool dont get me wrong. if they did get Tyra, it would be A-OK. she uber hot too. and would be naked... shifty

Never
Will let you think about that for awhile, buddy wink

eleveninches
Ummm, the blues brothers??

Arachnoidfreak
whats to think about? there are no blue humans who can play a blue mutant. Rebecca just happens to be the one who was cast for the rold. like i said, they could have gotten anyone for the role, hell they could have picked Eva Mendez(well, her accent might not have fit) and it would have worked. they just paint the actress blue. i dont see your point. if Kingpin was friggin blue, they could have painted Michael Clarke Duncan and he would have been an excellent choice.

Never
You rarely see my point until I point out the flaws in your argument, Arachnoid...need I remind you? stick out tongue

Darth Jello
what's wrong with michael clark duncan? the only problem that i had with him was that he was 90 pounds light and 6 inches short. other than that, i don't care about his race. the the kingpin came from poverty, thats official from the comics (though he never worked for the fixer)

Arachnoidfreak
ok then Never, since im so f*cking ignorant, point out the flaws. are you going to name a blue human? are you going to tell me that Stamos cant act? are you going to tell me she's too tall? Rebecca did a wonderful job as Mystique. well, thats just my opinion.

Never
First of all, where did I say you were ignorant? Second of all, YOU focused on Mystique's skin being blue; I referenced her acting which was HARDLY on point. But then again you are barely familiar with Mystique the character, so how would you know?

Never said ANYTHING about "blue humans." LoL, no clue why you went galloping off on that tangent hence my highlighting it and saying "you MIGHT want to think about this comment" (in other words, it has NOTHING to do with my argument).

Arachnoidfreak
basically because the conversation at hand was about race, and you brought up Romijn Stamos. didnt exactly see why, since mystique was blue. and her acting wasnt bad anyway, just that Mystique speaks alot more in the comics and not so much in the movies. but that isnt Rebecca's fault, now is it? also, you didnt have to say i was ignorant. its just the way that you write posts. it seems as if everytime you write, its dripping with sarcasm and a superior tone. i havent been here three weeks, and i already picked up on that.

VENOMfan
X2 missed out on a lot of talent becuase Wolverine needed screen time.
of course

Ian Mckellen
Patrick Stuart
Halle Berry
Rebecca Stamos
Brain Cox
Alan Cumming
Kelly Hu
Femke Jansen

are all a bunch of loser's who only need 5 minutes worth of screen time

Never
I write with a "superior tone?" Damn right, am quite confident in MY writing ability. Any issue anyone else has with my writing would be between them and THEIR insecurity.

Her acting wasn't "bad" because she speaks a lot in comic books but not in the movies? Odd, considering it was a movie ***based*** on the comic book, is it not? Her portrayal of Mystique sux0r3d. Magneto was horrible, Halle as Ororo was pathetic, Wolverine was way too damn tall but was tolerable. And how would you know about Mystique when you just started reading comic books, sir?

Regardless, you assumed you knew what I was referencing regarding Rebecca. Difficult to discuss RACE when the comic book character is BLUE (not to mention that Raven Darkholme is...erm...German?), right?

VENOMfan
Well this being a Elektra thread DareDevil is still closely related.
I dont think they are making a second cuase Affleck dosent want too, but its pretty obvious Bullseye got set up for the Adamantium process but really all the Marvel movies are easilly set-up for sequals.

anybody......

glad/pissed they are not making a sequal?

expecting a DareDevil cameo in Elektra?

pretty much dont care about either?

Arachnoidfreak
Never, the actors and actresses dont write their own lines or do much of anything besides do what they are told. its the writer's fault she didnt get many lines, its the director's fault if the portrayal is wrong, the costume designer's fault if they look shitty. granted, if the actor/actress does a shitty job of delivering lines, it is their fault.

i know plenty about comic books and characters, i just started collecting them(as i stated in another thread) but my father has passed down many comics to me. not all of them old, but not exactly in today's main stream. Gold Key, Epic, Innovation, Broadway, and other more obscure companies mostly.

Never
Point being that it is incumbent on the actor/actress to convince the audience via a stellar performance. Directors are also oftentimes VERY amenable to suggestions that are counter to what shows in the script - ad-libbing, for example. One of Halle's most HORRIBLE lines ***in my opinion*** in X-Men (first one) was during her battle with Toad. "Do you want to know what happens to toads when lightning strikes them?" No emotion in her voice, face expressionless - Ororo is a TIGER who is VERY expressive. She was regarded as a GODDESS, for Christ's sake.

Plus she could fight, and Mystique (if I recall correctly) tossed her around? Ororo who beat the Cheesy Poofs out of Callisto of the Morlocks? Ororo who thumped Marrow, stabbing her through one of her hearts after Marrow shoved that bone through Wolverine's throat?

Rebecca acted more like that damn alien in "Species." What the hell was that? Mystique is articulate, intelligent, cultured, and GORGEOUS (at least when certain artists draw her). Rebecca, on the other hand? Heh.

I personally refuse to put all of the blame on the directors for the actor's acting.

Arachnoidfreak
yea...i have to agree with you on Halle as Ororo. and Mystique should have had more lines, and better ones. in the comics she is a leader, not just Magneto's lackey, which is the impression i got from the movie.

i wasnt saying ALL of the blame goes to the directors, delivering lines(as in the Halle Berry example you mentioned), emotion, etc. goes to the actor/actress. i understand that Storm is more aggressive in the comics, but the producers of the movies tried playing toward the more popular X-Men, and although Storm has a good fanbase, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Magneto are way more popular, so they had larger, more well scripted roles.(err...not in the first movie...i thought that movie was just bad all around. X2 was good though)

Darth Jello
i really want two sequals, one with mr. fear and stiltman, the other with typhoid mary and adamantium bullseye, but on the other hand, affleck was the perfect matt murdock, and anyone else would simply be inferior.

SpyCspider
Hmmm...I'll need to reread the early appearances of Kingpin. But in Ultimate Spider-man, Kingpin does seem to fit the "upperclass, white elite, mob-boss" stereotype I was talking about. Then again, it's Ultimate...so everything changed....
roll eyes (sarcastic) And comic-fans and non-comic fans alike I think would find it just a bit more believable right away if they saw a white guy portray him. In any case, I didn't think Duncan was horrible, I just didn't think he was too great either. (as with Affleck, Garner, etc).

Yup, that's why I said "the closest I can think of right now." Not endorsing, just offering. I'd totally prefer a white (greek) actress over Zhang Ziyi for Electra if possible, but she has to definitely capture Electra's coldness and martial arts grace.

Never
Hmm, how would "non comic-book fans" even KNOW Kingpin was supposed to be white? This makes no sense whatsoever. Kingpin is a fictitious character cast in a fictitious setting, so...? No regular movie goer knew Kingpin was an upperclass, elite WHITE mob boss in Daredevil, did they?

Ultimate Spiderman? Bah, the Kingpin I am more familiar with is the Kingpin from Frank Miller's run (who, need I remind all, introduced the "grim and gritty" style of writing into comic books). Frank Miller penciled him, and I ***think*** Klaus Jansen did as well. And wait a minute, why use Kingpin from Spiderman? Why not Daredevil?

For comparative purposes, may I?

http://coverscans.com/scans/marcus/daredevil%20v1/lg_170.jpg

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00091/Daredevil_02_91675a.jpg

On the other hand:

http://ffmedia.ign.com/daredevil/image/jennifer_garner_elektra3.jpg

http://www.qusoor.com/rave/12/images/elek2a.jpg

http://www.chrisglass.com/things/books/img/elektra.jpg

Dunno. When I heard MCD had the part I thought .oO(brilliant!) I saw Jennifer Garner and said "eeewww!" Will simply agree to disagree that he is more "believable" if he was white. I realllllly wonder what you are suggesting that blacks should be cast as in a comic book based movie.

VENOMfan
that did bother me. Elektra wore red. Garner wore leather...nothin even flashy...DareDevil looked the part. Bullseye well at least he was crazy

SpyCspider
I think we can agree that if movies just stay true to the way comics characters were originally drawn, then there would be no issue (which is pretty much duh). I'm just saying I'm not the only one who thought that MCD didn't look that imposing. haha..actually when I first read bout him being cast as Kingpin, I bought it as well since he had the massive body, the bald head, and he wasn't a terrible actor. But then a couple of friends explained to me about the whole racial stereotype issue and that's why I brought it up and when I watched the movie, I just didn't feel him. My mistake is comparing Kingpin to a sort of a huge Lex Luthor-ish megalomanic tycoon, running the upper echelons of elite society while actually being a corrupt underworld mob boss.

I'm sure if a black actor was casted in a movie having the role of an obviously Asian character in comics, it would raise some eyebrows too for fans. For non-fans, it would raise eyebrows too if for example, the fictional story involves: a disciple traveling to Chinatown to learn from a martial arts master and the master turns out to be some black guy with a flowy beard, sitting in lotus position, and speaking broken English. He might be Westley Snipes and there ARE black martial arts masters but that doesn't mean the non-comic audience would buy it. That's just plain stereotyping, but I hope you can see what I'm getting at.

Garner still blew though. laughing Wasn't that what we agreed upon? cool

Never
There is a difference between "not feeling someone" and "not feeling someone because they are black," which is what it sounded as if you were saying; moreover, it sounds as if you are promoting racial stereotypes.

I am challenging them. I am not questioning your opinion at all. Am interested in why/how you formed it.

Re: "Corrupt underworld boss" - that does not necessarily mean white. That was my only point.

Agreed...Jennifer Garner sucked. And Bill Sienkiewicz's Elektra actually does have a nice ass wink

Darth Jello
kingpin would have been better if he was presented training as he is in the comics. i would have liked to have seen MCD wiping the floor with 30 black belts simultaneously. who knows, maybe all of this stuff we want will be on the R rated director's cut of DD coming out next year. either that or jennifer's supple chesticles.

Irish Wolverine
It's always weird when someone's race is changed for a movie. If the Kingpin was black in the comic book, and they cast a white guy in the movie, they would be called racist.

Who cares anyway, the movie kind of sucked, and the Elektra movie will probably suck too.

Darth Jello
if the movie is based on elektra assassin, and bush wins in 2004, i guarentee that fox will drop distribution of the movie. if you've ever read that book, you'll know how critical miller is of the contra war. that and DKR show just how much he hates reagan, bush, nixon, clinton, and carter. (the president=bush/reagan/nixon), (ken wind=carter/clinton). though in a way i kinda hope they do that and update it. would anyone else like to see dubya in a paranoid state on election night, sitting in front of the tube, fumbling with the black box, finger over the button, yelling: "that kerry f*ggot!! I'm the president!!! I'll push the button cause i have the balls to!!!"

VENOMfan
ah hell there releaseing directors cut verisons of these films?!

crap.....Im gonna have to think of some way to self off my Marvel collection to get all the spiffy directors cut versions

btw I watched DareDevil this morning on HBO and didnt change the chanel while credtis were running and saw the little hospitalized Bullseye skit. pure greatness that fly had it coming

Darth Jello
i'm just pointing out that the same retards going after michael moore right now will be going after jenn and mark steven johnson next year

Elektra_lover
Well any way i heard it wraps up on july 3 and it is to be relased in FeB

Never
Bullshit. Talk about an unfounded and nigh ignorant comment. That's like saying if a white guy directed a movie about a black experience, they would be called racist.

Re: your miscast comment...

Um..."Amistad," for starters? How about "Ben Hur?" "The Ten Commandments?" "THE PASSION OF CHRIST?" Need more...?

Irish Wolverine
Quinten Tarrantino has been called racist plenty of times, because he has the N word in his movies, even though black actors said it. He has said himself the reason he is called racist is because he is white and has black experiences in his movies. Do I think that he's a racist? No, I don't. Do I think the change of Kingpin's ethnicity is racist? No. I also don't think that if he was black in the comic book and was made into a white man for the movie it would be racist either. But do I think that if a black character was turned into a white one, a lot of special interest groups would say it was racist. It's just how PC our country has gotten.

Never
Since when was "Pulp Fiction" a "black experience?" "Jackie Brown?" "Kill Bill?" None of them are. It is not as if he was attempting to remake "Malcolm X."

Quentin's most vocal detractor is and has been Spike Lee.

Heh, not sure why it matters if black actors said if when Quentin WROTE it (and no, I most certainly do not think Quentin is racist. He is a brilliant screenwriter).

How are the actions of special interest groups necessarily accurate reflections of America's views as a whole? They are not, hence the name "special interest." GLAAD took umbrage with Eminem's lyrics, correct? Same with Buju's "Boom Bye Bye." Same with Bounty Killer in the UK (Buju and Bounty are dancehall dj's whose anti-homosexual lyrics incensed members of GLAAD).

MCD portraying a white comic book character did not set a precedent. You are familiar with the name Eartha Kitt? She is black and played Catwoman in the Batman television series (of the "Boof! Wap! Holy double sex organs Batman!" fame).

For the last time, I am challenging those who disagree with them casting MCD as Kingpin simply because he is BLACK. Look at his build, facial features, demeanor - EVERYTHING. LoL, do away with his melanin and NOBODY would have a problem. That is what is cracking me up.

If they had a WHITE actress with features similar to Ororo's and she convincinly pulled it off I ****personally**** would have zero problem with it. This is where I WISH America was as a whole.

who?-kid
Check out the "You know what bugs me a little" thread for more discussions about the black and white stuff in comics and movies.

Elektra_lover
yeah that pisses me off 2

Elektra_lover
Elektra will be wearing something similar to wat she wears in the comic books big grin Happy Dance happy

Elektra_lover
So to superherohype.com they have soooooooooooooo much new stuff on elektra

Paola
eek! *goes check*

Paola

VENOMfan
I wish she would have darkened her hair...that would look much better

Arachnoidfreak
Venomfan, you are correct. Dark hair would have been much hotter.

VENOMfan
I *think* the girl playing Typoid will fit the part. thats a plus

Darth Jello
apparantly they chainged her character completely

darktim1
I know this movie is going to be great because I saw some behind the scenes on trl yesterday and man did she hurt alot of ninjas.

Elektra_lover
1 cant wait till the trailer

Paola
eek! oh yeah!!! the girl on Mary's part is great, I don't know Mary so I can't say if she fits or not but.....she definetly looks GREAT!!! yes

Darth Jello
well, it's just messed up cause in general, mary doesn't attack women, the only one she's ever attacked is jessica jones.

VENOMfan
bumping.....damn vs threads......

Paola
why is that?

Darth Jello
ok, this is really complicated and going into back story. sometime in her childhood, Mary was brutally sexually aussalted in some way. that incident is what initially made her personality schism. she was already a telekinetic, but it took a young and inexperienced daredevil to kick her through a window to fully bring out her powers. her personalities (specifically bloody mary) blame all the evils of the world on men and feel that all women are victims. this perception was shattered when she was working as a PI in the Typhoid limited series and she caught a female murderer. That knowledge nearly destroyed her. she has been victimized by men so many times that to her all men are evil.

Paola
mad stupid men ............. stick out tongue
thanx Darth! thumbsup

Elektra_lover
lol
The Elkta movie is going to be great. She is such an intresting character.

Elektra_lover
ELEKTRA HAS BEEN MOVED UP TO JANUARY big grin big grin big grin

Elektra_lover
Jennifer Garner has signed on for 2 Elektra movies Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

chilled monkey
Elektra lover: Thank you very much for sharing that with us. That is great news.

Elektra_lover
NP im sooo happy

Jury
ELEKTRA by X3movie.net
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/x3movie/DDE4.jpg

The Plot

After her mother was killed in a 'freak' accident, Elektra Natchios' father ordered her to be trained in the martial arts by various mentors throughout her childhood. When we last left Elektra (DAREDEVIL), her father was murdered, and she was later killed by a man known as Bullseye. Her body pressed against the vigilante known as Daredevil as she slowly drifted away from life...or did she? Revived by a powerful group known as The Hand, Elektra is sent on a mission by the organization to kill Mark Miller -- a man who must pay for an act committed by his grandfather years earlier. Upon being introduced to Miller by his young daughter Abby, however, Elektra aligns herself with him and defends them both from ninja assassins sought out to kill not only him, but now her!

Shadow_King
i have a feeling this is gonna be another catwoman movie but better.

TheFilmProphet
First look at Elektra here http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/DEFGH/Elektra/firstlook/

Spawnie
LOL, no way they actually casted someone from my country, lol. Goran Visnjic the proud and joy of Croatian acting. He's the only one that made it big in the US. I hope he doesn't scew things up, cuz he never acted a comic character before. Bah, we shall see.

Mr Parker
for sure.It will defenetely be much better than CRAPWOMAN OR MAN-SPIDER.

Mane
man, shut up. honestly, no one cares what you think about Spider-Man. i dont even know how you can call yourself a fan.

Spawnie
PPl r never happy, no matter what u do! That is just a fact. Many follow the crowd, and r influenced with public opinion or minor comunity opinions, these days many ppl don't like to think for themselves, it's easier to have a moral backup of a group. Some ppl just live to contradict others cuz that is the only way they think they r special, and original.

If u were a real fan u would just embrace the gift that they gave u. They made a big budget film about Spidey and that is enough reward for me. Spiderman was not that bad, that is a fact, there r many other movies that u can crap about but no, u have to crap on a movie based on a character that u like. ??? Find a thread where u can say something more constructive then just an incoherent sentence.

I can understand slandering Catwoman, cuz it really sucked badly, but Spidey was way better then that. I can't believ that u actually put the 2 in the same category.

Mane
couldnt have said it better clapping

Hostile
Yeah, I seen that video. Looks awesome. I'm glad to see they're taking the martial arts seriously. So long as there's no Ben Affleck, and lots of Typhoid lesbian stuff, i'm sure it'll be brilliant.

Also, to all those dickweeds who hate Man-spider: lets see you do better. Go on and draft up a better Spiderman movie. If you honestly do better, i'll conceed. But you wont, because you're up against Sam mother****ing Raimi, you deadheads.

Paola
you have "names" for every movie, don't you?

Mane
yeah he really does and its annoying as hell...

Spawnie
It's no problem to have a name for any movie, but it doesn't always mean that u have to invent it. PPl from the porn industry do it for u. lol

Mane
what like Shaving Ryan's Privates and Edward Penishands?

Paola
topic...

Mane
sorry embarrasment

Mr Parker
i dont even know how you can call yourself a fan.

you need to look in the mirror when your saying that.

Mane
why so i can see a true Spider-Man fan? ahh, i see! good thinking cool

Mr Parker
No not every comicbook movie,just for the ones that suck.anyways,Elecktra looks like a great flick.cant wait.

Mr Parker
you would only be seeing a true man-spider fan.

Mane
yeah i always thought the character Man-Spider was pretty cool.

Mr Parker
anyways this isnt about that film,its about Elecktra.Cant wait for it.Garner looks great along with just about everything else in this film.

Mr Parker
Happy Dance Elecktra looks great. and what that guy said earlier was horribly said.

Mane
okie dokie wink

Paola
agree yes

TheFilmProphet
Jennifer Garner Talks Elektra
Source: About.com
Thursday, September 2, 2004

About.com was on-hand for the "Alias" Season 3 DVD launch where Jennifer Garner was asked about her upcoming Elektra spin-off, which she has completed filming.

What was your toughest fight scene? They were the toughest fights I've ever done. I fought five guys with a bo stick, five ninjas. That was pretty intense. And I had a fight with my sais against two kitanas. I kept getting bonked and there was some bloodshed there. That was pretty intense as well.

TheFilmProphet
First Look at the Daredevil Director's Cut DVD
Source: SuperHeroHype
Saturday, September 4, 2004

'Tom' from DVD Answers alerted us they've got a look at the very cool artwork for the Daredevil Director's Cut DVD coming on November 30th. The release includes new commentary by writer/director Mark Steven Johnson and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad, a "Making of" the Director's Cut, and twenty minutes of new footage.

You can pre-order the DVD at Amazon.

Beacon of Grace
It's about time they brought forth the DC of daredevil! When is it going to be released?

Anyway, I am looking very forward to Elektra. I heard the costume was going to be more faithful, so I want to see some pictures. *drool*

Elektra_lover
*sigh* boys. As for Elektra. I am gonna see it 20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000 times....opening day.

Paola
and you came to the right place....

Elektra_lover
Everyone see the first footage?

Paola
I finally saw something the other day smartass
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/DEFGH/Elektra/firstlook/

is that what you're talking about?

Elektra_lover
Yes

Mr Zero
You ... posted.. a ..pic... yourself!!!

Is the world ending?

Paola
maybe Mr. Zero shifty

Beacon of Grace
They call that faithful? Morons!

chilled monkey
Personally, I think she looks great. I'm so glad that got rid of that thing on her head in the comics. It looks ridiculous.

Sounds like this movie will be worth the wait. I am particularly intrigued by Jennifer's description of a 'sai vs swords' fight. That sounds so cool!

Elektra_lover
yes

Jury
Elektra eek!

http://img72.exs.cx/img72/4213/elektra_15_cov.jpg

Mane
oh god thats so hot!!

Beacon of Grace
Oh how I drool, let me count the ways...

Elektra_lover
Theirs a part of the novel up online

chilled monkey
Cool. Do you have any idea when the novel will be available to buy?

I am a little wary of some of what I've been hearing about this movie, about Elektra being turned into an assasin, I don't like the sound of that. If however, it's a case of her being brainwashed and the film is about her struggle to break free of the Hand's control, that might be good.

Elektra_lover
Well, The group, The Hand trains her to become an assaisin .She becomes an Assiasin, then is sent to kill Mark and Abby Miller, but she falls inlove with Mark and goes against the Hand and battles them.

movieluver
i so agree with chilled monkey on the comment on the best show on television AlIAS!!!! Fist of all yeah, maybe she doesnt look like her much, but how can any actress wear something like the character's outfit on SET!!!! Besides what other actress has the ballso to carry her own action comic book based movie where millions of people are waiting to see it just cuz its ELEKTRA all by herself. I mean she is the lead, and damn it she did every stunt by herself,, and hardly used a doulde, she uses tite weapons, and jenny G is my homie, no one can talk shit about her at all.... .Im like counting the days 4 this movie, and soooo many others. And yall should be happy she is wearing what she is 4 the role, cuz it was her idea to please the fans and dress like the comic book baseds elektra. she knows what people expect and she WILL deliver like she always does.

Paola
I don't have anyplace to post this so I'm doing it here love

notworthy

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0409/22/ultimateelektra5.jpg

Paola
cover for Bullseye #4

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0409/22/bullseye4.jpg

chilled monkey
Elektra lover: Thank you very much for the spoiler. Yeah, I think that sounds fine.

movieluver: Right on!

Paola: Neat pictures.

movieluver
seriously who would wear that? (reffering to paola's pics )

Paola
a comic book character maybe?

movieluver
i meant on set!!!!!!

Elektra_lover
NP big grin I cant wait I know so much about this movie, Im dieing to see how it acts out

Elektra_lover
OMG look eek!

Mr Zero
Where did you find that? Is that the teaser poster?

Elektra_lover
Yup its from Superherohype.com. It hits therters this weekend (the poster)

Paola
eek! nice!!!!

Mr Zero
I thought of you when I saw that pic....

I mean i thought you would like it - not "i thought about you in an electra costume"

Tho...

Elektra_lover
Isnt it awsome Paola eek! even though I dont like the tagline

Paola
yeah I know what you mean.... kind of blink

Paola
Elektra lover: it's great!!! eek!

Elektra_lover
I so cant wait big grin

Paola
me either!!!

chilled monkey
Count me in.

movieluver
Wow! that poster is so perfect! i certainly cant wait 4 this film.

i thought it was coming out in early FEb but on the poster the release date is like a month earlier.......NICE!!!!!!!! Happy Dance big grin Happy Dance

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>