Most disturbing horror film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
what films disturb you and i mean really emotionally disturb you?

the ones that have disturbed me are henry portrait of a serial killer, cannibal holocaust, maniac, haute tension, irreversible, jacobs ladder, pet semetary, stigmata(religeous stuff gets to me)

them films stuck in my mind long after i finished watching them....

any more films u can think of that disturb?????

Mr Parker
Hannibal Lecter movies do the most.

BackFire
Irreversible is by far the most disturbing film I've ever seen, only comparable to Audition in it's audacity and genuine horrific images.

<<Solo>>
I don't think I've acutally been that disturbed by any movies really. *Acts Tough*.

Michael Myers 1
Rocky Horror Picture Show.....gave me nightmares

slayer
laughing out loud
I can't think of many. *Acts tough too*
Night of the Living dead didn't scare or disturb me, but i couldn't get it out of my head 4 some reason.

dean7879
irreversible is horrible and i woudnt advise anyone seeing it has it is not enjoyable...the violence is terribly realistic and the scene where this guy gets his head caved in by a fire extinguisher is the most gruesome thing i have eva seen, it stuck in my mind for ages...there are some violent rape scenes in the film has well....sick movie

slayer
It has just been bannned here.

PissedOffGoalie
I want to see Irrevrisable!!! But Driller Killer is the most disturbing...the part where Reno shoves the drill in the guy's eye and turns it on is SICK!

http://www.gorenight.de/movies/dayotd/data/day04.jpg

http://digilander.libero.it/fearcity/fotogrammi/

http://www.cine-studies.net/r7c4_p1/dk29.jpg

now tell me that doesn't freak you out!

Mordecai
It doesn't freak me out.

Anyways, I'd say Irreversible was rather disturbing but didn't exactly damage me or anything, it was quite realistic, which is what gave it the disturbing atmosphere, i've never really been disturbed by any other horror movie as they don't look all that real and are too damn entertaining.

Cinemaddiction
Doesn't freak me out.

Hell, although not a horror movie, per se, I thought it was somewhat visually disturbing when in "The Devil's Advocate", the child was sitting in the middle of a bedroom, with Charlize Theron's ****in' ovaries in her hands.

PissedOffGoalie
no horror movie has EVER scared or disturbed me, just made me tense for a momemnt (20 mins at most) and maybe a bit of insomnia

slayer
Same here. I don't get easily scared.

Dario Argento

dean7879
ive heard about that salo 120 days of sodom...suppose to be the most disturbin film eva...thats what i read from most sources of the net

PissedOffGoalie
whats 120 days of sodom about?

dean7879
http://www.sickopath.com/120dsmr.html

all the details are in this site

kiwibloom
the chick from the exorcist just creeped me outtv_horror

PissedOffGoalie
thanks! it sounds good where can u rent/buy it?

BackFire
Salo is very difficult to find, and to my knowledge, extremely expensive where it is available.

You can buy it on Ebay but it costs anywhere from 50 - 200 dollars. I'm just being optomistic in waiting for a relrelease fo the film, which I think will happen eventually.

slayer
Looks good. I might try 2 hunt down a copy.

dean7879

PissedOffGoalie
no like anywhere in usa

Ninjamaster
The most disturbing movies I've ever seen are those from the HellRaiser franchise.
Believe me that's got to be some of the most horrifying and blasphemous shit I've evr seen!
Those movies leave you with a sick feeling in your chest and serious doubts as to whether the forces of good can overcome the forces of evil.

I seen HelllRaiser 3 and HellRaiser but never had the stomach to see HellRaiser 2.
I don't scare easily however some of the implications forwarded in these movies could drive you up the creek.

zombieman
The uncut version of Cannibal Holocaust really got me, such a realistic repiction of the Cannibal culture, really hit me the way the director intended it to.

dean7879
i havent yet saw cannibal holocaust....i heard they killed reall animals in the film, is that true????

slayer
Real animals?

tabby999
cheaper than fake ones

botankus
Hey, I just got the uncut version of Cannibal Holocaust in the mail. Haven't seen it before, but heard lots of GOOD stuff about it. wink

Will let all you guys know if I have an opinion that differs from the rest of you guys about it.

Dario Argento
Yes

Darkseed
Most disturbing horror movie ?...Hercules In New York, need i say more, to be serious though i`ve never really found a movie that disturbing the closest any movie has come when i`ve been watching it is The Exorcist, it`s the only movie ever to make me uneasy and look under my bed before going to sleep incase Regan was hiding there smile.

DaRk Jester
I think the last house on the left and may

Ninjamaster
The Shining!

psychopathfreak
When i was like five my cousins would sit there and make me watch leprechaun movies so from theen on i cant watch them be cause they kinda scare me sicne i was little.

Cinemaddiction
I think they are incredibly entertaining. Hellraiser 3 is a kinda campy, and takes away from the sadism of the movie. I think Pinhead's choice of minions was kinda poor in the bartender, the DJ, and the camera man. Plus, the one liners were moodkillers as well.

That said, if you had a semi hard time watching 3, then the first 2 would be hard to stomach, since 2 especially is wall to wall gore.

I thought of another one that I liked, that seemed psudo-disturbing, in "Maniac". Come to think of it, it too is better than "Henry", IMO.

dean7879
anyone saw eraserhead?????
its meant to be really weird and depressing

PissedOffGoalie
how is May disturning?!

PissedOffGoalie
btw i got the UK version of Cannibal Holocaust but my DVD player wont play it....WTF?!

BackFire
American DVD players can usually only play Region 1 DVD's.

PissedOffGoalie
so how can i play it? re-record?

http://cannibalholocaust.net/images/ch27.jpg

dean7879
get a dvd region hack code off the net

Zilverz
Mod your Xbox (:

Cinemaddiction
If you guys want Region 0 DVD players, APEX makes a few different models and they are heap cheap. I have an APEX in my office/screening room, not Region Free though, and it's still a solid DVD player. They usually already come equipped with DTS decoders too, which is nice.

If you own a PS2, they make a Region Free kit disc, similar to the boot disk that comes with the PS2. I've thought of looking into it myself.

It's not that disturbing. Just the character herself is something akin to Henry, Frank Zito from Maniac, or even Carrie. The movie is entertaining.

dean7879
on yahoo just type the name of ure dvd player then region hack code
then follow the really simple instructions
my dvd player needed the region hack to play american dvds

PissedOffGoalie
whaaaaat? i have an xbox confused What the f**k? confused

dean7879
oh...anyways, what scene in a movie has made your stomach turn????the head bashing scene in irreversible done it for me

PissedOffGoalie
whats it look like?

so far the self-destructive scene in Wishmaster 4 creeped me out

dean7879
whats what look like?

slayer
When the guys head is fully bashed to his brains.

Pirate_Girly
Wow this thread is far off topic.

dean7879
whats henry portarit of a serial killer like???
im thinkin of gettin it

Cinemaddiction
I'd get "Maniac" before I even thought about getting "Henry".

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
any movie w/an alien, it don't disturb me, it just freaks me out..i just hate it!

dean7879
ive just won maniac off ebay so i should get it soon.....looks really good
but is it????

khalla
sadly the Ring and the Shining

dean7879
they aint really disturbing....just a bit scary in places

WindDancer
The Untold Story has to be the most disturbing movie I ever saw. Supposly is based on real events. Anthony Wong is Incredible. Also, I seriously doubt that any European or even Hollywood director will ever match the gore that was capture in this film. Truly, disturbing and revolting specially the scene of the children cannabalism. This movie is a great, but it get's very offensive sometimes.

dean7879
yeah my mate told me that untold story is very nasty and gory....i hope to check it out soon

Dark Phoenix223
Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Now thats disturbing....

dean7879
yes that is most definetly disturbin

WindDancer
If you are interested in watching a documentary that is quite shocking check out Africa Dolce E Selvaggia (a.k.a. Shocking Africa). Very intense to watch. Specially the Circumsicions scenes, and the native beating to death is highly disturbing. Unfortunally is still only on vhs. Is not consider horror flick, but it does have some strong material.

zombie_master
Ive never rellay been disturbed by a horror film mabe perhaps as a small child but i cant remember only one image stuck in my mind from a dumb movie called slashers this guy was on the ground still alive and a clown comes up cuts his belly open and starts jerking on his guts. He had a hard time getting them out....i was like huh messed no then i got over it an was like rock

PissedOffGoalie
Untold Story=blood and guts?! i wanna see it!!

Ninjamaster
Invasion of the Body Snatchers was pretty sick!

dean7879
Maniac is a bit sick and disturbin....especially when the killer scalps his victims after killing them....it shows u in very gory detail...and the scene where tom savini gets his head blown off is the best head explodin scene eva....joe spinell who plays the maniac is fantastic....the film caused outrage when released because only women were the victims in the film and there was a lot of protests from women when it was released

Machete_guy
I havnt really watched ant disturbing films.

But it was pretty freaky in friday the 13th 8 (jason takes manhatton) when the ppl are driving then you see jason just standing there all wet when he was a kid...then they crash into a wall.

I watched that at 2 am...freaky.But not that 'disturbing'

mary jane
i have actualy never been scared by a horror film or really grosed out the funnything is the only thing i really have been scared of was from a nickoloden show are u afraid of the dark the ****ing gastly griner episode i have hated jesters ever since

dean7879
i used to love are you afraid of the dark..it used to scare me as a kid lol
i remember the ghastly grinner and that scared me shitless...i was only a kid for christs sake!!

Dark Phoenix223
Lol, Children of the Corn freaked me out a bit at first, the whole scene in the beginning where they kill all the parents... I was like..."WHOA."

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre too, the whole cheesy 70's low budget thing made it hella creepy....

dean7879
never saw children of the corn....whats it about??

samhain
The final scene from Don't Look Now, where Donald Sutherland is chasing the poison dwarf was quite disturbing, not a horror but the rape scene in Scum is horrifying too. BTW, Salo or 120 days of sodom has just been re-released on DVD in England.

dean7879
i wanna get salo, even though i will probably dislike it and find it sickening like i did with irreversible

girds
o man this is easy IT, based on that steven king novel n gacy really screwed me up, n the first few minutes of halloween reserection! as u can c i have a thing for clowns haha NOT

midnightshadow
yeah IT is preety disturbin if, like me, your terrified if clowns!
one film that really had me scared to even move off my bed was dolls. it was preety low budget but scared me s***less! ( incase you couldnt tell i dont like dolls either, hehe)
also RoseRed by stephen king and shindlers list.
yes i know its not really a horror film, but its more disturbin than any other film ive seen(that includes those stated above)
especially because the things in it really happened.

Dejio
Definitely "Ju-on (The Grudge)".
Not only was it disturbing, it was scary as Hell! eek!

dean7879
yeah i heard that the grudge is mega scary but the story makes no sense...still want to pick it up though.........clowns really scare me to...especially after seeing IT and Killer clowns from outta space...wheneva i see a clown i always get the chills

samhain
IT is a very scary film, but only really for the first half and Killer Klowns is good but not disturbing, I thought it was too funny to be scary. However, if I saw it when I was a child I think I would have been scared.

Shinigamiko
The Ring, it gives ya a new respect for blank tellie's what can I say. XD.

Whats Irreversible about? Sorry.. just curoius.

Ninjamaster
The Kindred

Dejio
It does make sense. The plot's just too simple. And the movie is like Pulp Fiction, where the last part is the middle, and the first is the last, and the middle is the first..oh whatever.
I just recommend it to anyone who can get his hands on it. It's better than Ringu, IMO.

dean7879
irreversible is a story about a women who gets raped and beaten to death..and her boyfriend takes revenge....but the film is played backwards like memento....the film is quite disturbin and shocking in some scenes...its not really that enjoyable in my opinion because it is too disturbin as i said before...

johnny.d girl
has any1 seen Wrong Turn????.......i found that abit disterbing!!!!.....

dean7879
ringu is crap in my opinion...not really fond of it

shaber
You've piqued my curiousity! stick out tongue

chops
The damn clown of IT kinda got to me

dean7879
clowns scare the hell outta me

jigrig
Night of the living dead to me is the only movie that ever scared me and continues to.
You cant reason with them & i dont care how many weapons you have you will eventually be overwhelmed & devoured alive by stinking rotting corpses, not my idea of a good way to go

dean7879
somethin always bothered me about the romero trilogy..the zombies are just so damn slow...sure they may be able to over power a few people trapped in a house but im sure the goverment would of been able to handle them

Ninjamaster
Deep sea Blue was pathetic Dolphins killing people for crying out loud!
Arthur c. clarke would be pissed off that's for sure.
Dat is Zombie tokin 4 u man VOODOO DIE!
Xtremely sensitve to irrelevance.
After this post Alien are on-line.

dean7879
deep blue see was pretty good imo

BlackCrawler
The movie May really disterbed me. If i ever gouged out my eyes and put them in a homemade live sized doll and it move i would flip out and beg Krueger to kill me instantly!

WindDancer
May had only one disturbing scene. It was the one with blind children and the broken glass. The scene wasn't too graphic, but the idea of a psycho woman trying to protect her doll instead of stoppin the blind kids from cutting themselves was actually disturbing.

dean7879
whats may about?

Pirate_Girly
Deep Blue Sea isnt disturbing though...

WindDancer
May is about some dorky nerdy girl that goes psycho after some guy breaks her heart, and she becomes Dr Frankestein. Nothing impressive or interesting. The film isn't boring, but there really is nothing much to look at.

~Johnnyz#1~
Yes, i have seen the Movie "MAY"
I was Laughing me head off, But my Friend Johnny.D_girl was so scared that she left the room.
She was a sick *****, when she went around cutting off peoples body parts because she wanted to make a friend!!

~Johnnyz#1~
I also like the movie wrong Turn
But it isn't really anything special
Same old twist as usual

eggmayo
I saw this medical video once, and hat was the most disturbing thing ever.
It shows how to determine how a victim dies, and people are dissected and other sick crap

dean7879
thats horrible

<<Solo>>
For some idiotic reason I found The First "A Nightmare On Elmstreet" abit disturbing for a horror movie. I don't really know why though.

<<Solo>>
I'll need to check that out.

~Johnnyz#1~
what do u mean it really happpened???

dean7879
i doubt a supernatural clown ever existed

midnightshadow
no it didnt. i was on about schindlers list. the events in THAT film were real. i had to watch it for history and it made me sick!

Ashy
fear.com really freaked me out

<<Solo>>
Feardotcom is panzey to a lot of other horror movies.

Linkalicious
Would you really consider Irreversible a horror movie? Sure it's images were graphic enough to make me shudder, and the thought of that stuff happening makes me sick....but does it count as a horror film?

Dario Argento
I don't really consider it a horror movie either, but it is one of the most disturbing films ever.

Ashy
do any one of you find the exorcist scary? or is it just me?

Dario Argento
Not really. But it is a great movie though.

Ashy
yes great but freaky stick out tongue

dean7879
i still find the exorcist pretty creepy to this day and the fact it is meant to be based on a true story makes it feel even more creepy....

lil bitchiness
There are quite a few that are disturbing to me, i havent seen that many of them to be very immune to the scaryness and shock.

PissedOffGoalie
here are the horror movies i found to be most disturbing:

Cannibal Holocaust
Cannibal Ferox
Zombie Holocaust
Driller Killer
Irriversble
Gore Gore Girls (GGG=Gruling, gut-wrenching gorefest)
Nekromantik

<<Solo>>
I watched Irreversible last night and let me say-Disguisting.

PissedOffGoalie
Gore Gore Girls makes Irreversible look like the Rugrats Halloween Party

dean7879
two scenes and two scenes only are disgusting in irreversible

zombieman
Im going to watch my uncut version of 'Suicide' tonight, I think that will be very disturbing.

dean7879
whats that about...

PissedOffGoalie
Gore Gore Girls? THis guy killing sptrippers..love his methods. in this one scene he puts a hot iron on the girls face

PissedOffGoalie
Suicide has real deaths?! where can i buy it?

dean7879
what u on about pog?

PissedOffGoalie
Zombieman is seeing a movie called Suicide. i went to movies.yahoo.com and it says suicide is a documentary of ppl commiting suicide

here check it out

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808552865&intl=us

dean7879
sounds horrible

greenfreak1402
i like jason

dean7879
terrific confused

~Johnnyz#1~
What do u mean by real deaths, as in ppl really die in the making?!

What happens in this movie?..anyone?

leatherface12
Shakma was pretty violent. The baboon ripped his victims up.

dean7879
suicide is a fake documentary movie

Graveyard Shift
Shit, this is an old thred, but for some reason it came on yahoo's search that I did for most disturbing horror films, so I registered on here just to reply to this thread.

I'd have to say that the most disturbing that I've ever seen,, and I've seen a lot, is Saw. I used to watch the show Forensic files a lot and I remember seeing one were this black guy, serial killer, would build underground torture chambers where he treated his victims like animals and sex slaves. Saw kind of touched on that element to me, and it was disturbing. The death scenes where so twisted that they gave me shock. I didn't want to imagine myself in those situations as they're the most horrid things that I've ever seen in my life. The whole way that Jigsaw escaped the cops; the way that the asian cop was killed and Glover had his throat sliced, and the way the jigsaw got up and locked the door on the guy in the end, adn the way that the guy screamed out, "noooooooo," was too much for me.

I watch a lot of horror, write horror, and I consider myself to have a dark imagination, but Saw struck a cord with me. It was so disturbing to me that I refuse to watch Saw 2.

Other movies that I found disturbing: Pet Semetary, The Exorcist, Halloween, Damien: Omen 2, and Childs Play.

Impediment
If Saw is the most disturbing film you've seen, I strongly urge you to expand your horizons.

Myself, I have to go with Cannibal Holocaust for its gore and depravity, and, say what you will, but Se7en disturbed me to the bone the first time I ever saw it. The entire film is such a downer with it's tremendous overtone of apathy. The ending was the straw that broke the camels back, IMO. All in all, though, it's a marvelous film.

NormaBates
Cannibal holocaust for sure! it just makes you sick to the stumach.

Graveyard Shift
Originally posted by Impediment
If Saw is the most disturbing film you've seen, I strongly urge you to expand your horizons.

Hey, don't say that. Everyone has different perspectives.. everyone gets scared by different things. For example, some people were disgusted and disturbed by the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan due to the blood and gore in it. Me, those type of things don't do anything to me. I can see a guys eyeball hanging out of his eyes and not feel disturbed by that. What I find disturbing is the psychological aspect of things. I've yet to see anything that tops the disturbing meter of a reverse jaw trap or a barbwire dungeon.

Impediment
Originally posted by Graveyard Shift
Hey, don't say that. Everyone has different perspectives.. everyone gets scared by different things. For example, some people were disgusted and disturbed by the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan due to the blood and gore in it. Me, those type of things don't do anything to me. I can see a guys eyeball hanging out of his eyes and not feel disturbed by that. What I find disturbing is the psychological aspect of things. I've yet to see anything that tops the disturbing meter of a reverse jaw trap or a barbwire dungeon.

True. BTW, I wasnt trying to come off as condescending or anything by saying that. However I strongly urge you to watch movies like Cannibal Holocaust, I spit on your Grave, Audition, and Freaks. These are some VERY disturbing flicks, that is, if you havent alreay seen the.

Jim Reaper
"Jacobs Ladder." Saw it when I was around 12... It had me sweatin' the after-life a little bit.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm glad this thread is back.

You guys need to see Singapore Sling. It trully has some very disturbing fetishes. Even I (your friendly neighbor Gorehound) turned away at times. Very sick..sick SICK!

ddrivenbydemons
Hi,
I'm so glad this thread is alive. I'm a newbie who searched this off the web too. This thread has been so helpful to the research i'm doing for my collection of the world's most disturbing films. Quite a few mentioned here I'll have to look into further.
My most disturbing list would have to be;
Cannibal Holocaust
Salo
Last house on the left
(all great movies)
I thought I Spit on your Grave was ok but never really lived up to what i had heard. Maniac is good and twisted and the Ilsa SS movies are a bit of fun, in a sick and twisted sense ...lol
thanks again for this great thread

Deano
i only create great threadssmile

ddrivenbydemons
Has anyone seen Slaughtered Vomit Dolls yet?
It looks disturbing. Was seized by customs here in Australia recently, so if being too extreme for our censors is any judge then it might be pretty good.

Deano
2.8/10 on imdb.

doesnt look promising.

ddrivenbydemons
You look at imdb ratings as a good judge of films? and a new one at that! lol sorry. It seems like pretty extreme horror, from the reviews and trailer i've seen, so i don't expect it to be everyones cup of tea.
Trailer ... slaughteredvomitdolls.com/trailer.html ... for anyone who might be interested

papabeard
Guinea Pig Series
Henry
Salo
Maniac
Last House
Faces of Death
Mondo

steverules
HOSTEL
The eye scene in that really made it more disturbing that it already was

ssj_naraku
when yall are talking about audition r u talking about the japanese film? Cause i thought it was a lil boring, although the ending was a lil disturbing, my uncle got "the men behind the sun" off of netfilx i think so should i prepare myself?

cropsy_is_god
August Underground's Mordum was ****in sick. Its the most ****ed up film ive ever seen and ive seen alot of sick & gory films

spalding
the Exorcist was disturbing and Last House on The Left was really disturbing for some reason and some off the images from Audition will be burned into my mind forever.

NormaBates
Cannibal holocaust

lynn_d_kimbell
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original), The Exorcist, Jaws, Cujo, Pet Semetary, The Shining (especially if first seen back when they were first released-the time era has a lot to do with it); also Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, the Faces of Death series, Silence of the Lambs.

The Grey Fox
TCM

SelphieT
Originally posted by Deano
irreversible is horrible and i woudnt advise anyone seeing it has it is not enjoyable...the violence is terribly realistic and the scene where this guy gets his head caved in by a fire extinguisher is the most gruesome thing i have eva seen, it stuck in my mind for ages...there are some violent rape scenes in the film has well....sick movie

Damn!!! I just watched that fire extinguisher scene on youtube. Thats freakin brutal!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>