Life after EPIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef3
We are in a terrible lull right now. Nothing interesting is happening in the world of Episode III news. It made me think of how fun it is to discuss and speculate about every little tidbit of information we learn about the movie. And now doubt in the months after EPIII comes out, we will be discussing our thoughts and theories about certain things in the movie, and the entire saga for that matter. But what after that? Its kinda sad when you think about it. What will we have to look forward to on this scale?

I know there will be other movie series, but none of them will ever come close. Its really rather sad.

darth rep
You go on with your life, watch other movies. As fun as star wars is some people take it way to far. (Like good ol' SS whose whole life recvolves around it.) Share it with your kids when it inevitably makes it way back into theaters.

Enjoy it for what it is. All good things come to an end.

The Ones
rumor has it that george is thinking of doing a sequel trilogy

Mr.Deflok
Oh no... not this again...

moonwalker741
i agree with darth rep wink

n The Ones......wut a bunch of bull...

The Ones
i know, i said that its a rumor, i didnt say it was true

yerssot
it's not true

Julie
what he said....but who knows...*evil grin*
anyway, yes, you will be able to live after EpIII....if you are totally SW deprived....get into EU...games and trivia...and killermovies.com....and video games....and rpgs and cards and collecting...there;s much stilll to do

Mr.Deflok
The greatest thing of all is how SS will probably fade away big grin

mindbugaling
he he he he he ha ha ha ha AH AHA AH HHA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAAAAAHA AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHA HAAH AHHHHHH HA HHA HAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
..........................whew....

mindbugaling
sorry, that made me laugh.

Sith Master X
If you watch one of the documentaries (I don't remember if it was on TPM or from AOTC dvd) Lucas stated that a sequel trilogy was more of a media thing and that he probably won't do one because they take 10 years to complete, and that he'd be about 70 by the time he would have completed Episode 9.

That's just what he said. Maybe he will change his mind and go ahead with the idea, or maybe he'll let someone else carry on the saga and it won't be SUPERSHADOW!!

SMX
cool

Darth Jello
he should give Kevin Smith the reigns. of course, knowing him, it would take like, ten years to make each movie

Lyn
I'll be upset after EpIII is over...like, all the hype and the thrill of seeing it for the first time at the movies...but SW will always be around for me so, I'll cope.

Mr.Deflok
*big hug!*

Plenty of DVD's and merchandise to keep us sane post May 2005... it will undeniably be sad to see such a prominent part of my happiness come to a close though.

Creechuur
Do you guys really think Lucas will take Star Wars films to the grave with him? That would be soooo selfish. It is his creation, that is true, but look at what his movies have spawned! An entire universe with thousands of years of continuity developed by hundreds of creators who love what Lucas has given them to play with. MILLIONS of fans who do stupid and outrageous things (waiting in line for months for a 2 hour movie, rabid toy collectors, SuperShallow), all in the name of the Force.

The only license that even comes close is <choke> Star Trek. I really hope that Lucas is smart and loving enough to give his property to a new generation of filmakers and know that his vision will live on and keep us millions in awe. I want my grandkids to feel the same excitement I felt when I waited in line to see A New Hope.

yerssot
imho, they can make as many books and games as they want, but no more movies!

Mr.Deflok
I don't mind if they make more movies, just as long as they're not called "STAR WARS: Episode __", given an original name and no direct reference to the characters of the Lucas Saga would be nice. Kind of like KOTOR the game.

Creechuur
It would be nice to see a Knights of the New Republic game some day. Maybe the third or fourth installment of the series could move from pre-movie era to Post-ROTJ era, with recognizable characters Like Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn and the like as supporting cast. All I know is that with Obsidian Entertainment taking over the KotOR reins, that series has nowhere to go but up.

Kevin Smith would be a good choice to take over the movies. Especially if he does a good job with the action in Green Hornet I for one would love to see Jay and Silent Bob in Jedi robes!

Jay: "The Force is with you lunchbox. Snoogins."

Julie
I'm kinda with yerssot on the no more movies thing....six is enough....books and games can cover the rest well enough

Lyn
You're gonna make me cry... sad
And I agree with Julie and yerssot, even though I'll miss the excitement of waiting for the next Star Wars film...

Dirty Vader
The two newest are already screwed up as it is, and probably Ep III too. No point pissing us off furhter with another trilogy of crap films.

Creechuur
Who says they'd be crappy? If Lucas can't hang, he should be man enough to pass his creation on. I won't say who should do it, because the best bet would be to bring some no name in, someone from the ranks of ILM perhaps. Someone who loves the property and would do it justice.

All Tolkien's story needed was the technology to create his vision onscreen and someone who loved and respected his work enough to do it right. Star Wars needs its Peter Jackson.

I'm an oldschool, diehard Star Wars fan, and I feel that I gave Lucas every damn chance. I've defended him since TPM but I'm tired of this crap. If he can't deliver some friggin magic with Ep 3 he should gracefully bow out and let someone else continue the story. It would just be horrible to end the best film experience of my youth on the sour note that Eps 1 and 2 are indicating.

I know theres other movies and other worlds, but theyre just not Star Wars.

yerssot
you were young when you saw the originals, and saw what an impact it had

now you've grown up (star wars IS a kids movie) and well, the movies haven't created that much new for the movie industrue

Creechuur
I'm not sure what youre getting at Yerssot. True, Eps 1 and 2 have done nothing to revolutionize the Industry (Gollum makes Jar Jar look like a hand puppet), but thats no reason to give up hope for the future.

"star wars IS a kids movie"

Thats true as well, but I can think of very few kids movies (or any movies) that have have sparked the imagination of so many. Look at what Lucas' "kids movie" has created. How many millions post on boards like this every day, with intelligent thoughts or theories? How many people out there have been in love with Star Wars since 1977? Thats saying a lot for a kids movie.

Sith Master X
Everyone just thinks SW is a kids movie because of Jar Jar. If it hadn't been for him, I don't believe to many would have comlained. Ok, so maybe the first one had some kid scenes, but Episode 2 wasn't to bad and I'm almost certain Episode 3 won't be a kids movie however it'll still probably get a PG rating.

SMX
cool

yerssot
sorry 'bout that, I didn't post everything I see messed

well, what I ment with the revolutioning... ANH did a lot for the movies to come: perfecting blue screen, doing stop-motion, the rotating and moving to solid objects etc. (it's more explained on the BTM CD)
but what has EpI and II done? nothing much, they just showed that almost every shot can have FX but nothing more...
So, in that respect, the OT is much better.

Star Wars being a kids movie:
yeah, lots of fans... but intelligent thoughts or theories? I'm not that sure of it, with SW it's always black & white. If someone is bad, he's bad. If someone is a hero he will stay that, etc. nothing much to have big theories about.
and the problem is, those kids (and adults still have a kid inside themselveswink) from 1977, grew up. And what see they now? 2 movies FULL of FX with relatively no story (EpI: sith get back, Anakin gets trained. EpII: Clone Wars start, he gets married), in the OT that would have been like ... the first fifteen minutes.. less story, less star wars feeling, no one they know (besides anakin, ob1 and the droids, compared to Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Vader, Yoda and the droids)

So I guess, that is what makes "oldies" not loving the PT as they once did the OT

Creechuur
Exactly. I just hate to think of it all ending so lamely. I still have hope that Ep 3 will close things nicely and in the Grand Tradition. I can live without any more movies if Ep 3 delivers. If it doesn't though, I hope someone will make some good movies somewhere down the road and restore the faith.

OB1-adobe
First off, I am not going to get in some OT vs. PT debate here. I'm sick of it, you guys are sick of it, and lord knows the internet is sick of it. There seems to be no real reason why the general public think the prequels suck. It is just a bunch of mish mash, and debates going in circles. Going to the message forums on starwars.com makes me want to puke. Endless debates of "I think this.." "This movie would have been better.." "If Lucas would.." "They just don't give me that old feeling.." blah blah blah. I am looking forward to the end. No more speculating. No more rant and raving. Just watching movies. That my friends will take us back to the good old days of starwars. When they were just movies on your shelf, and when you felt the urge you transported your self into this magical place of imagination. The PT, like em or not, they part of the family now. The OT hate the changes, like the changes, he felt it necessary to do so. There were things in I, and II that made me seriously cringe, and there were things in the special editions that made me go "What the F#$#". Basically there is nothing you can do about it. I know, and you all know that we are all going to Best buy the day release the saga in some big set, and deep down you know you love it and are glad you bought it.

OB1-adobe
oh yeah I forgot. The only way I want to see a sequel trilogy is in the form of a series of video games following the adventure of luke and the gang. Another trilogy of movies would be kind of stupid, and deep down you know will hate'em even worse than the prequels. The EU is all fun and everything, but I hate it when people get into debates about it. Over the last thirty years you have had making hundereds of authors making thousands of books, comic books that have contradicted each other, and the prequels. There are probably about a million origin stories about Boba Fett, and whenever a classic character from the OT that died in the movies is resurected for the EU their answer is always-"oh we cloned him". I do however do not mind when they are made up original characters like Kyle Katarn. My only opinion is that the EU should always relate to the movies, but don't contradict them just because they did'nt like that Boba Fett died. You guys know what I mean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.