Choices for RP area

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Well, our first major story is coming to a close. And inside a year! Phew! There was a patch around September when I thought the whole deal would never get done. The players have shifted (not to mention the sides!) but on the whole, the feel of the game has been pretty constant. I am very happy and thank you all for playing. Plenty more parts in that game to come!

At this point we can look ahead to what comes next. In turn:

1. The first game still languishes while waiting for interesting plot development. The free-for-all game was meant to satisfy the desires of people like queeq who dislike the restrictive structure of the second game. It's also just meant to be mad fun, really. Is it worth perservering with or shall I shut it down?

2. The second game is pretty much going to carry on so long as I am here unless I am bombarded by hate mail about it. It has anothet two parts set out- they will probably take less time to play through- and after that it is a bit fuzzy, because it depends what happens, but eventually the plot will move onto the Clone Wars where all of you- on both sides- have vital roles to play.

3. Captain Rex wants to start up his own game. Other people starting their own games here was always part of the basic design, so I am certainly game to let him try (he will pitch his idea here shortly, I am sure)

However, some of you may have different thoughts about how to proceed, hence the poll I am posting here. Please give me your feedback as soon as you can.

yerssot
IMHO, perhaps closing the first one (if I remember correctly, so I'm wrong again then, the last post was with Rex? A month orso back, before that, I think it was Phinney? months ago...)
By the looks of it, the second game is MUCH more active,
IF there is a third game (Rex his), I'm not sure...

Ofcourse, it's an RP-section and it's very good to hear that there are more stories and people whilling to make some...
But then you have two very big stories, it's not that it's going to scare away visitors, but more likely confuse people about it...

Ok, what I wanted to say:
I'm neutral in this one, I can't choose...

LanceWindu
I say to shut down the Any One May Contributeand start having more 2 sided ones.

Captain REX
I can't vote. It's my story. big grin

I've PMed all stuff to Ush if we decide to start my story. If we don't, I wasted almost an hour typing it up.
I am hoping to turn my story into a Light-side vs. Dark-side game like the current one.

I can vote for what to do with the 1st Anyone May Join game should be closed, no matter what. It's only a few pages, and the posts come every now and then, or, to put it bluntly, once a month or two. It's just not doing that well! I joined, and I only saw one chance of post. Especially when the bad-guy quits.

LanceWindu
The free for all was the wrong way to go from the very beggining. It gets way too confusing.

yerssot
it wasn't wrong from the beginning,
it's just that people seeing the story don't know much about it so they don't dare to post dare, while the other story is more organised...

Ushgarak
The free-form style is how about 95% of on-line role-plays are organised. It was how the old RP section in this forum was organised. It's more a group fan-fction thing. It's not my favourite format but it seemed od to drop that style entirely.

Rex, please feel free to vote- I want to hear everyone's opinion. Clearly I want your gane but I;d like that opinion reflected in the poll.

You too, yerss. You seem opinionated for someone who is 'neutral'; I'd rather you just voted how you like, it;s no good if I don't get an honest response.

Rex has indeed sent me some details. I am a little unclear about when the game is set but I am not sure if it is important. It will have opposed Jedi-based sides and Rex is adamant that no-one reads the other side's thread. Rex will be playing leading characters in both threads. I have been sent 'privileged' information about the game so I cannot play as a standard player; I'll be happy to contribute in any way that Rex wishes.

Captain REX
Actually, I will be one of two major characters in the Light-side part. Someone can get that part, but you have to be quick to get it.

BTW, it takes place in the PT era, 6 years before AOTC.

Captain REX
Ush, you can be like me in the games. You and I know the privileged info, so we will be in both games to make sure it stays with the story line.

yerssot
My only opinion is about the closing of the first one...

I said: it's good to see the RP alife with new stories (so that would be a vote for getting Rex's story here)
BUT there is a big(?) chance people get confused by it all (wich is negatif)

+ and - = neutral

LanceWindu
Will we ever have multiple 2 sided games going at the same time?

Cause I was thinking of making my own game.

Captain REX
Oh dear. sad

I've started something. I would vote for yours though Lance. Mine is good, but yours might be better. I'd have to look at it if we start it.

Ushgarak
I'm happy with whatever people think they can handle.

LanceWindu
I still need to come up with all of the storylines and where I want the groups to go and where they would go if they did something different.

Captain REX
Okay then. I voted for option #2. What did you vote for Ush? Or are you voting after everyone else votes?

Ushgarak
I'm actually more interested in what other people think. I'll break a tie.

LanceWindu
No ties as of yet.

Gundark
I'm voting for three games running, what the heck. But maybe we should start a new free-form game rather than trying to keep running the existing one since most everybody that started in it is gone. Something simple, for those who don't care for the structured games.

Captain REX
Hmm, that's a possible. But I still go with 2 structured game.

LanceWindu
How about 3 structured games all run by different people and a couple of free-for-all games for when we are waiting for our turn in the structured games.

Gundark
Now THAT'S enthusiasm ! cool

Captain REX
Eek! That would be a nightmare!

Ushgarak
Ok, new free for all plots needed. Cool.

Or maybe plot singular; I think more than one ffa hame MIGHT be overdoing it.

LanceWindu
Hey REX you know how you wanted to do a OT game? Maybe we can start a OT free-for-all. No Jedi but you can be a Rebel, an Imperial, Bounty Hunter, Fighter Pilot, Politician, or a Droid. The game can go on and it is based on events happening at the same time the movies are. So like you can be a part of the dogfight at the trench run of the first Death Star. Or be in a blaster fight and you win, get back to HQ and they tell you that the Death Star has been destroyed. Stuff like that.

What do you think Ush?

Ushgarak
It's a fair enough idea, the only risk is that it turns into a set of seperate stories for each olayer rather than one storyline.

LanceWindu
Yeah that's what I was worried about. Maybe we can have only one group of people and have them in only one certain type of group. Like Rogue Squadron or The Imperial Tie Fighter Pilots.

Ushgarak
I hope the Imperials are in TIE Fighters from ANH rather than ROTJ...

LanceWindu
They would coorispond as best we could to the movies.

Captain REX
The 181st TIE Squadron or Rogue Leader. Sounds good to me! I guess my idea wasn't so bad after all. smile

Ushgarak
Just in ANH they seemed about as good as X-Wings. By ROTJ the Imperials were losing hundreds of the bloody things.

Well, I'd happily play a jumped-up arrogant Imperial Officer. I AM British, after all...

LanceWindu
Who else thinks that we should play the Imps?

Ushgarak
Oh, the Imperials are only any good if there are people on both sidfes. Otherwise we simply must all play Rebels.

LanceWindu
So what should we do?

Ushgarak
Gosh, I don't know. Gather opinions, I guess.

LanceWindu
I really want to play a bad guy in a game, but as lon as my character is still working fine he stays.

So I want a game to begin that has different types of stuff not just Jedi vs. Dark Jedi.

Ushgarak
You mean specific opposed games that aren't just Jedi based?

LanceWindu
Yeah, Jedi & Sith are fine but I want to try to do something else. To spread my horizon's if you will.

Captain REX
Hey Lance, if we start my game, what side will you be on? There is 5-6 parts for Dark-side and Light-side is just whoever joins that side. I wonder if I can get Dim to join again. confused

LanceWindu
When is your's set?

Captain REX
Huh?

yerssot
wich time

Captain REX
Oh, when the story is set in the Star Wars universe? Oh, PT, otherwise there wouldn't be Jedi involved. I'll be on both sides. The story takes place sometime between TPM and AOTC. I had the date in my PMs. I'll post it in a second.

yerssot
involving Jedi doesn't need to be PT, could be NJO

Captain REX
Oh, well it's PT. So, what side will you guys take?

yerssot
are the votes already counted?
and you can't choose without knowing a tiny bit about it all, and wich templates are available?

Captain REX
I just mean if we start the story, which side will ya' be on: the Light-side or the Dark-side? Not Corsair or Fallen, stuff like that.

yerssot
Lightside, and I hope LanceWindu would do the same!

LanceWindu
You can definatly count me into the Light-Side.

Orpheus
I think I might join this new one as a light sider.

If there are going to be more than a couple of games running at any one time I think we would find that one or two might die off or each one might have only a handful of players.

Captain REX
What side would you join Orpheus?

Later you'll still have to clarify it, but right now 4 Light-siders and 2 Dark-siders. Later we'll have more. I told Ush that I thought it'd be same teams as the recent game, with new players. Another thing, you cannot use the names of your characters from the game that's ending.

yerssot
why not?

Ushgarak
Well, it MIGHT be confusing... it;s all up to Rex. As is whether he bothers with templates or not.

Sorry I've been busy, guys. I'm going to wrap up the second game now, get the new version going, and then... I'll see.

Ushgarak
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, guys.

Both stories will be up and running soon. I will close the original first story; a replacement may be avilable soon!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.