Band: Disturbed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
This band is just completely awesome. Anyone else like it?

LeAtHerRFace
But I gotta admit it tends to all sound the same.

total metalhead
Yeah exactly. They're boring, repetetive and unoriginal.

But on the plus side they haven't done what many bands like them did. They haven't cashed in and gone pop-rock.

LeAtHerRFace
yes

Myth
They do have talent though. A lot of their songs do sound the same but they when they decide to through in a change of pace, its good as well.

Black Onyx
they so ****in rock

im into the whole oooo im angry shit though

ooo freak i am

Df02
imo they try to hard......they seem to have cashed in on the whole angst-rock scene... its all the same stuff :/

Black Onyx
miffed

laughing out loud

LeAtHerRFace
Well, their guitarist rocks

Black Onyx
yes

tabby999
they wear very tight pants to. too tight if you ask me

Myth
Thats because the main singer is gay.

LeAtHerRFace
lol he is?

StinkFist462
aaron lewis is gay ?!

Myth
Yes. I saw them in concert and was like "WTF? Dude, he walks around like he is gay." I then mentioned it to somebody and they informed me that he was. About a week later, I found that he got pissed at our local radio station that put on the concert because kept making fun of him to his face about being gay.

RebelPhoenix
I only liked them for a while after I first heard of them from the Swimfan trailer and I liked the song. They have some dare I say catchy songs and they get into your brain but it doesn't last because you all mentioned already - they don't progress or experiment at least not very noticeably and after a while they get monotonous. But a few of their tracks I still like Mistress and Shout 2000 stick out tongue

Vampiree
I like a few songs by Disturbed, mainly the soundtrack ones. But yeah, they tend to make similar songs.. and that's just.. boring.

Black Onyx
jawdrop

holy mother of god

total metalhead
Disturbed aren't angry though. They're far too low-key and grungey to be angry.

If you want angry, listen to Korn's first three albums. With the speakers turned up. At night. Thats angry.

loserib
the lead siger of disturbed is not gay i met him twice and the first time he had two hot ass blonds on his arm

ElectricBugaloo
Disturbed's first album was good

the second one sucked ass

dark1365
Disturbed's best songs IMO are Prayer, Stupify, and Remember.

SlipknoT
Not a fan at all

dark1365
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Disturbed's first album was good

the second one sucked ass
The first few songs on Remember are good, the others suck.
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Not a fan at all
Then don't bother posting in this thread.

BackFire
He's free to post his opinion of a band, regaurdless of whether or not that opinion is positive or negative.

That said, I hate this band.

TrAnCeDuO
did they fall of the face of the planet or something? how come we havent heard any new stuff from them lately?

MetallicaT
i like em...belive is a class album, fav song is mistress

i didn't know the lead singer was gay though.....hmmm u sure about that?

loserib
he is not i have the dvd and they are talking about how everybody in the band soke weed and drinks when they are on tour and how he just gets laid by hot bitches all the time

dark1365
Hmm. I noticed something interesting...

The piano instrumental intro to "Darkness" sounds a hell of a lot, almost identical to an intro in one of Evanescence's new songs....did Evanescence rip Disturbed off?

PunisherFan33
Originally posted by Deathblow
Yeah exactly. They're boring, repetetive and unoriginal.

But on the plus side they haven't done what many bands like them did. They haven't cashed in and gone pop-rock.

hey disturbed is sweet even though the best songs they ever made was PRAYER, Stupify, And Down With The Sickness but............

Kidney Thieves Suck

Treehuggerjanie
hmmm personally im not keen on disturbed.they are talented-they wouldnt b so popular if they werent but i dont like them.not a very original band and i like originality

PunisherFan33
u kno wat ur right on some things not all things

Treehuggerjanie
me?wat u mean hun?i think thyr ok im just nt a big fan.the siockness has a cool strt

Treehuggerjanie
*sickness

PunisherFan33
yea but thats not their best song ima liking PRAYER but u kno wat i agree wit u the sickness was a good start and does anybody kno wtf happened to them they just disapeared.......they were pretty sweet........they're tourin right now but....... rock on

dark1365
Prayer and Liberate was good.

PunisherFan33
yea that was one sweet song i liked it bcause it showed the gates of hell in it

Deathblow
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
Kidney Thieves Suck

Maybe to you, but seeing as you like Disturbed and Godsmack, I can't really take your opinions seriously happy

Oh and btw, it's Kidneythieves, not Kidney Thieves. It is right infront of your eyes in my sig, just so you know.

Lana
Originally posted by Treehuggerjanie
hmmm personally im not keen on disturbed.they are talented-they wouldnt b so popular if they werent but i dont like them.not a very original band and i like originality

Talent tends to have nothing to do with popularity....

PunisherFan33
uhhhhhh k KidneyThieves Suck

Treehuggerjanie
Originally posted by Lana
Talent tends to have nothing to do with popularity....

true but i think it would b unfair to say that theyre untalented even though i dont like them because they can play guitar and drums well and the vocals are strong but it aint to my taste

Lana
They're nothing special, really. They have a few okay songs but they all sound the same.

And, for the record, Kidneythieves kick ass.

griefzombie
Not a favourite of mine but Prayer and Sickness kicked ass!!! eek! evil face blink

PunisherFan33
Originally posted by Treehuggerjanie
true but i think it would b unfair to say that theyre untalented even though i dont like them because they can play guitar and drums well and the vocals are strong but it aint to my taste

yea ur right

Deathblow
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
uhhhhhh k KidneyThieves Suck

Wow, what an outstanding comeback.

Care to prove it?

Lana
Hah, you know very well he can't wink

PunisherFan33
yea they suck bcause they will never NEVER sell as many albums as one of the best band in the WORLD METALLICA

Deathblow
Wow he really can't can he shock

Seeing as that applies to just about every other band you and for that matter, anyone likes, and that isn't even a critiscim as such, I'm not even going to bother arguing. Chances are you haven't even heard a Kidneythieves song before.

Alpha Centauri
Well if someone said Tool suck, I can't scientifically prove them wrong.

It's just as close to fact as you wanna get that they don't.

Just like that guy being an idiot.

-AC

Mistah DEVIL
what the hell is disturbed doing as of right now?

Lana
Originally posted by Deathblow
Wow he really can't can he shock

Seeing as that applies to just about every other band you and for that matter, anyone likes, and that isn't even a critiscim as such, I'm not even going to bother arguing. Chances are you haven't even heard a Kidneythieves song before.

Told ya stick out tongue

No, he probably hasn't....because I have yet to meet someone who's heard Kidneythieves and said that they sucked. Personally, I love them.

dark1365
Originally posted by griefzombie
Not a favourite of mine but Prayer and Sickness kicked ass!!! eek! evil face blink
I liked those two but I haven't heard Kidneytheives before.

Sethcx
All in all Disturbed were nothing new, good, but nothing new.
In saying that, I saw them in concert at the Barrowlands in Glasgow. They were outstanding! Seriously, talk about playing the crowd up!
Amazing gig, right up until I managed to break my wrist and dislocate my shoulder in the pit.

Kidneytheives are outstanding. I only actually have Tricksterprocess, what are their other albums?

Deathblow
Their latest one is called Zerospace. If you liked Trickster, Zerospace will blow your mind. It's so much better than Trickster it's embarrassing.

Sethcx
Cheers..
I shall hunt that one down. big grin

PunisherFan33
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Myth
Has anybody else heard the first new single from Ten Thousand Fists? "Get Guarded". I'm pretty excited for the new album. I believe the last album was underrated but hopefully this one will bring back the faith.

RagnaViper
Actually, they're not that bad. I still suggest their first album as an introductory album to anyone who wants to get into the metal genre.

WAF3001
I love Disturbed. Their first cd is what got me into metal. I can't wait for their new cd which comes out September 21st if anyone didn't know....

dark1365
Prayer and Stupify are my favourites, out of the ones I have heard.

muserke
Disturbed? Never heard of them. What type of music do they play?

WAF3001
Metal! Why post on a band thread if you've never heard of the band?

Myth
Well, its out and I have to say I am disappointed. Its not that the songs are bad, its just that it is nothing new. They didn't expand at all. Infact, my biggest irritation is that Stricken and Decadance start out with almost the exact yell/scream (Ah ah ow vs Ah ah ah ow). And that part is obviously based on the success of the scream from Down with the Sickness. When I first heard the "Ah Ah Ah Ow!" in Stricken I thought that it was pretty close to Down with the Sickness but not so bad so I overlooked it, but when I heard Decadance I realized it was too far. However, I still so far like Guarded, Ten Thousand Fists, and Land of Confusion.

MildPossession
I have heard the album, I prefer it to the last album the band released which I didn't like at all. Still wouldn't buy the new album. Use to like the band when they first came out, not a fan at all now.

Alpha Centauri
David Draiman just needs to stop with the "Oooh wah ah ah ah".

It's not cool, unique or funny. Quit it.

-AC

Myth
Its only good the first time. He needs to try something else in his other songs.

Alpha Centauri
It's not good any time, in my opinion. I thought "Wha-what? Why do that?"

It's like on the song With Teeth by Nine Inch Nails. Trent sings the chorus as "Awith ateetha". Why? Just say With Teeth.

-AC

Myth
Because it sounds cool. But things are only cool the first time and it is lame to try to replicate something. You may not have liked it initially, but a lot of people did. But trying to replicate the song is a bad idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.