who thinks good charlotte are one of the best punk bands?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

H.I.M
who here thinks good charlotte are one of the best punk bands??? GC certainly have my support.

Darth Revan
Good Charlotte aren't even punk no2

Hold on tight pal you're about to get flamed... I won't but you'll see yes

H.I.M
they're pop-punk then

Jeff_Atello
They are pop punk. I don't label them as a band punk, but I definitely label Benji punk. He is the only person in that band who hasn't sold out. But I love Good Charlotte, pre-"Young and the Hopeless." That album was mediocre, which was sad, because the self-titled album was great. Oh well, they are still the reason I began listening to punk, so I am eternally grateful.

claidisa_felton
is there any thread for people who like good charlotte that you havent posted in dissing them?? maybe you should get a life and stop insulting them. mad

claidisa_felton
good charlotte rock

total metalhead
What the f**k? He said in his post he wasn't going to flame GC fans, and he didn't diss them, he just stated the truth. They're not punk. Even their fans know that. Maybe you should get a life and stop insulting him for no reason.

Df02
not got my support.

GC are pop-punk at best....

claidisa_felton
no but hes flamed them in about every other good charlotte thread...yeah i do know that...i didnt say they were punk did i??

B_Ko
normally i would flame you, then flame whatever parts of your self esteem are left, but i'll just go back to the main page and scroll down a little further to do that.

Yeah, GC is pretty bad. I did kinda like that "A New Beginning" track, though.

Darth Revan
No... I've never flamed a GC fan, except for MAYBE Black Onyx (back in the days when she was PrefectRonnykin) but only then because she kept saying crap about how all hip hop sucked and hip hop fans were stupid... Other than that, I've never flamed somebody in the music forum. If you consider what I said to Onyx flaming at all.

And thanks for standing up for me nettles smile

amity75
I'm sorry but I'm gonna be straight to the point - Good Charlotte are no more punk than N-Sync. Punk? You want to go and listen to The Exploited then come back and tell me that Good Charlotte are punk.

forumcrew
there not even close

Chelsea23
personally, I wouldn't label them as "punk" they are more like rock music...and i really don't like them at all

StinkFist462
man .... what does MTV teach all you young people these days ?! that dressing in black and having tatoos means your punk ?!?!?! man ..... you seriously need some counseling ... ( stated to everyone who thinks GC is THE punk band )

Df02
exactly, as said by me time and time again, and by countless other people....

Punk ISNT trying to look as "punk" as possible, if nething that makes you absolutely NOTHING like a punk AT ALL...

GC try WAY too hard, and make music which can be described as pop-punk at best, and tbh i dont even think they deserve punk in their genre name

Darth Revan
sad ain't it... Most people at my school who listen to pop and crap, if asked to name a punk band, would say "Good Charlotte".

Jeff_Atello
I beg to differ. While their music may be more poppy than your traditional punk band, that doesn't make them any less punk. I love The Exploited, but I have Good Charlotte to thank for getting me into The Exploited, because I started listening to punk thanks to Good Charlotte. If they love punk music, they are punk. Plain and simple.

H.I.M
good charlotte are a great band, and i will send a lot of hate mail to any more people who dis them

amity75
I'm waiting on your hate mail with great relish...

Jeff_Atello
That's fine. But please explain your reasoning behind your hatred of Good Charlotte. If you just on't like their music, then that's fine. But if you don't like it because you don't think it's punk, that's ridiculous.

Darth Revan
Why would you send hate mail to somebody because of their opinion on a band? I would like to politely ask you to reconsider. I doubt GC themselves would approve of somebody doing such a thing on their behalf.

Black Onyx
no accutally they all think that if someone doesnt like thier music its ok they arnt in it for the money or publisity they are just in it to nmake thier music thats it, true they want money but who doesnt
i personally like them but they arnt like "omg ther the best band in the world" cuz they arnt even close

personally i think the ramones are one of the best they started the punk thig but the sex pistols made "punk" famous

GC isnt even close to the best but im still a fan

Darth Revan
that's exactly what I said... That they wouldn't want people spamming just because the "victim" didn't like their music yes

Black Onyx
laughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
MC5? The Stooges? both pre-Ramones. you need to get your infor from somewhere besides Spin

TheProgramSmith
This is incredible.

I find it rather comical that discussions like this take place.
Person 1: "Do you like Good Charlotte?"
Person 2: "No"
Person 1: "You are wrong"

A persons opinion, especially on preference of music, CANNOT BE WRONG! It is all personal opinion, with the operative word being personal.

In response to the title of this thread, I do not. Good Charlotte are terrible. Very unoriginal, even for a bubble-gum punk band. If you like punk music, then check out some of these songs, and if you like them, PM me and I will send you more.

Diesel Boy: Punk Rock Girl
Lagwagon: Sick
Thrice: Phoenix Ignition
Rufio: Above me
Big Wig: Still
Millencolin: No Cigar

Anyways, I hope you enjoy what I consider good punk. Remember, I am not dismissing your taste in music, you can like whatever you want. But, I will still laugh at you for liking Good Charlotte, because I think they are terrible.

ElectricBugaloo
all you need is Fugazi...

Gravity Kills
Good charlotte is not punk... They are alternative-pop

BackFire
H.I.M - Please stop threatening to send people hate mail if they dislike GC, that is their right. You need to deal with it. Not everyone is going to like the music you happen to like, and if you can't have a simple discussion without threatening someone then you shouldn't start threads about bands, because no matter what band it is, someone isn't going to like them and someone is probably going to put them down. Deal with it.

Corlindel
An example:

GD is a pop boysband. Next year they are finished for sure smokin'

TheProgramSmith
Who is GD?

It is hilarious that most of the feedback I read is all negative. Good Charlotte are like Sum 41: Only pre-teen girls like them.

Ikobe
morons.

Gc=not punk
Ok Ok Ok my many freinds thatthink GC is punk GC was punk when they were a garage band but once they became ''famous'' they sold out going to ''pop~punk'' which includes Blink 182 Simple Plan Green day Yellowcard and all of those really crappy bands that don't write their own music and only play the songs that people ''wanna'' hear soon they will becovering Briteny Spears songs......I used to like GC but when they came out with their second CD I absutely hated them......They totally disgust me and they have lost a fan........

Darth Jello
the only thing remotly redeeming about good charrlotte is that they did the theme for undergrads.

SlipknoT
I hate good charolott. But I hate thier fans even more, all of them go around claiming that good charolott is the best punk band ever. You retards need to realize that Good charolott is not punk and will never be punk

Darth Revan
Though I agree with you in that GC are not punk, they do write their own music... And Green Day rocks. I like blink-182, but I recognise that they could be classified as sell-outs...

total metalhead
Blink 182 aren't sell outs. They've always been pop rock messed

Darth Revan
laughing out loud good point

kimahri03
the best band that is more famous is guns and roses

PurityKnight
no don't hate them cause they're "different" shifty

Gc=not punk
Dammit Guns and Roses is not a ****in Punk Band you ****er

ElectricBugaloo
Guns N Roses aren't punk

Df02

Df02
new thread "who thinks GC suck?" its probably been done tho sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.