Star Wars Episode III: The Video Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MAMA
Episode III will get its own game that will release at the same time as the movie come out. This is a leaked poster that TFN got it from somewhere. What do u think of it?

The Ones
cool

Mr.Deflok
It's real too, LFL issued a cease and desist notice hence why it's not on their site now. As Supershadow would say "Killer Cool!"

Let's just hope it's not another Enter the Matrix...

Julie
sounds good...I just hope it's true...games have a bad habit of being pushed back...BTW, what system is this for?

MAMA
Rumors told it will be for the PS2 and Xbox, for the time being

The Ones
MAMA> great, it was annoying when the episode 2 game only came out on GBA

Mr defolk> i believe the only problem with enter the matrix is that you could not get the main characters (at least for me) but with this you can play as Anakin, Obi Wan, Mace, Yoda, or Sidious (possibly more possiblities)
and lets hope its not an episode 1 game where you play as one person, then it changes who you are auto maticly AND lets hope the light saber works the way its supposed to (cutting things when it touches something, works when defending bullets and other light saber blades)

MAMA
I took this from TFN:
LucasArts have confirmed that they are indeed working on the inevitable Star Wars: Episode III game - and they say that it will be "the most authentic Jedi experience ever".

I hope its true!!!

Julie
Yes.....hope so....I didn't even know there was an AOTC game....oh well, I could never play it....bc of the xbox not having it. Hope EpIII lives up to the expectations. I wanna walk out of that theatre...either crying....or like "wow"

mindbugaling
oh i know. i'm getting three pairs of tickets just in case. if the movie sucks...ill sell them! but it wont, thats what i did woith AOTC. i saw it three times opening day.

mindbugaling
that picture is like an advertising hanging poster, if you look at the sides you can see its hanging from something. probly scouting ides for the new movie franchise

Julie
three times eh....wow I don't know if I can do that....it depends when school releases next year...and if I can make it out to Celebration III....I may be broke if I do

Darth Mantis
The game is coming out May 5th. Movie is coming out May 19th.

Fishy
Its probably going to suck, movie games often do

Darth Mantis
Actually I looked up on the game and it looks pretty good. Battle style is superb, force powers kick a$$, graphics are awesome, oh when you progress in the game your force powers get stronger. So I think it will be a great game... Hopefully

Fishy
How about the gameplay? Clipping shit like that? I'll believe it when i see it, i have seen very few movie games that i actually want to play

Darth Mantis
The game play is awesome... But of course see it to believe it.

Darth Mantis
Or better yet... let the force guide you.

Fishy
You played it already then?

DCLXVI
I'm sort of with Fishy....I'll have to play it to believe it. wink

Fishy
Its not like they can't produce good movie games, it just hardly ever happens.

Maybe it will be good, but i won't believe it is until i play it myself and before that i will just assume it sucks because 98% of movie games suck

DCLXVI
That's very true....stick out tongue

GregminiMalak
will it be liek an rpg lie the old republic or role playing?

Fishy
An RPG is a role playing game, and no it won't be like that

leowyatt
Originally posted by Fishy
Its probably going to suck, movie games often do
the graphics are tight they look awesome

Darth Mantis
Yes they are my friend... 3 days, 22 hours, and 30 minutes till the game is out.

Darth_Janus
The game looks a lot like LOTR games... flashy, but not deep.

Darth Inanis
Yeah I agree with Janus. The LotR game looked really awesome and it also had the possibility to upgrade your skills but to be honest: It was far too short and it sucked. I think the RotS video game is probably also going to be too short for it to be a good game.

Darth Maverick
that happens alot with movie tie in games (spidey 2, riddick, etc), feel like great games then before you know it, you've completed it, i'm still gonna get it though

Fishy
Riddick was great but short..

Most movie games however just suck, the game play is worthless they make some nice looking graphics and then launch it, just before or after the movie is out. So that a lot of people will play and buy it, its an effective way to sell games.

Atari for instance created Enter the Matrix, before that they created quality games and they took their time to make them. The games although you may not have liked them had great gameplay and a good story but low sales all under a million. Then came Enter the Matrix, lower production costs, less time to make it and then all of a sudden it still sold 4 million copy's even though they themselves did not like the game very much.

Kinda gives you a mixed message, create a sucky movie game and you sell 4 to 10x as much as you normally do for only half the price.

Darth Inanis
Yes thats true. They're all hypnotizing us in buying movie video games just becaus its a good movie. I know it probably is going to suck, but I'm still going to get it. Probably because I almost have all star wars games for the consoles I have.

Darth Mantis
Well 16 levels... 4 planets... All of this happening at once... I think it will be a great game, but short...

Ken Kenobi
It may be short, but there will be replay value with the different characters you get to play as.

Darth_Janus
I'm looking forward to the versus and little else, honestly.

Ken Kenobi
I just want some kick ass console saber battles. I love the duels on JK2 and JA, but I hate using my mouse and keyboard. I'd much rather have a controller in my hand.

Wanderer259
Hopefully, the versus aspect will have online capability.

From videos I've seen, the game looks bad-ass, but I'll be checking reviews first.

Darth Mantis
I want the game so badly... at least it's 3 day, 6 hours, and 53 minutes till the game is out...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.