Review: Man On Fire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
smokin'

I saw this at an early screening on Thursday night.. from the trailers I thought it looked good, better then Denzels last movie out of time for sure... But when I saw it, it was better then I expected.. I really really enjoyed the movie.. its done by Tony Scott (Black Hawk down) and I just thought the story acting action everything was great.. Id highly recomend this movie.. especially if ur thinking of seeing punisher because Man On Fire is Punisher but better... id give it a 8/10

<<Solo>>
Well The Punisher Movie sucks for sure. But Man On Fire does like pretty good.

mumygrl
I saw the trailer on my local 6 website but I am still a bit confused on what is it about. I liked Denzel in training day but have to agree that he hasn't done something as good in a while.

forumcrew
he has now smile

ill give a lil run down about what its about.. this is a spoiler if you dont wanna know anythign about the movie.. but im just telling the basic plot so dont be scared to read it..

denzel was US special forces now hes pretty much a hasbeen and a drunk a freind gets him a job in mexico as a bodyguard for a little girl(dakota Fanning (i think shes about the most talented child actor out there)) she gets kidnapped he goes after bad guys.. As i said just a tidbit about what the movies about.. but it is definantly worth seeing

Cinemaddiction
Indeed, Denzel is the true "Punisher".

Here's a synopsis, and I'll spoiler tag it just in case.

Denzel plays an ex-hitman (Crasie) who's down in the dumps, resorted to boozing it up, and has lost alot of faith in himself, and God. Along comes Christopher Walken & a job w/ the payoff of a lifetime. After meeting the family, which includes Dakota Fanning (Lupita), she shows him that he can start over, and live again. Along the way, he finds himself and a new will to live through Pita, the one who made him smile again after sporting a permanent scowl for so long.

After taking Pita under his wing while the parents are away, the two are ambushed after Pita's piano recital, and she's kidnapped. Being told she was killed due to a botched ransom delivery, Denzel sets out to serve justice like nobodies business to all members of the corrupt Latin American government professional blanket entitled "La Hermandad" (The Brotherhood).

In the end, after "justice was served" to everyone involved in the kidnapping, Crasie comes to find out that Lupita was still alive and well. Their bond was so strong that he was willing to sacrifice his own life, for hers, since she showed him what it meant to live. And in what was probably one of the most satisfying endings in my recent movie viewing history, his life wasn't taken at the hands of the kidnappers, but by God himself, which was poignant, given Crasies new found reaffirmation of faith.

It was a very original movie, even given the "revenge" premise, and it had some of the most unique cinematography and photography I've ever seen, and it added alot to the film. Although it was about 20-30 minutes too long, it still never really dragged along.

I, too, would recommend this instead of "The Punisher".

badkittykitty
ditto for me.it was a really good movie...about 30 mins to long but I was still very entertained from beginning to end 4/5(would be 5/5 if not for time factor)

forumcrew
dont read cinemadictions synopsis if u have any intention on seeing the movie.. dude you gave away the entire movie

Cinemaddiction
..and that's why it's in spoiler tags. So, be warned.

<<Solo>>
He Hardly gave away anything. I mean it was obvious That she was going to get kidnapped and that she was still going to live.

forumcrew
not all of it is that obvious.. and even when parts of movies are somewhat obvious its nice to have a little suprise left

trav6612
Just saw this movie, it was awesome, I loved it.

cal31
Yeah, I thought it was an awesome revenge story and Denzel really played the part good. Best part hands down goes to having the guy with the bomb stuck up his as*

VenomVA
I saw it last night, Really good movie!!

Primitive Screwhead
Just watched it last night, and ended up a little baffled. Someone enlighten me on Samuel's (the father) involvement with the kidnapping. Did he arrange for the kidnapping in order to fulfill a past debt, and then try to help with the sabotaged ransom drop in order to minimize the amount of money he had to pay out? The whole motivation behind the kindapping seems a little weak. Any elaboration on this would be greatly appreciated.

universe-master
This movie was awesome... friends told me that it was good, but it blew me away. Good acting, and it had a lot of twists. One of Denzel's greatest performances wink

botankus
Good movie.

I have a question about this movie, though, and I don't have time to research this all over the internet, so if anyone knows off the top of their head I would appreciate it.

The movie is a remake of a 1987 (I think) film, yet at the end of the movie it shows "Creesy's" death as well as "The Voice's" death for them dying in 2003, probably right before it went into finalization of the film. Anyways, if these are the characters in the 2003 version, who were the ones in 1987?? Was it the same story?

ragesRemorse
yeah, it was a remake with artistic freedoms taken. I havent seen the original in some time, but it is terrible. The concept is the same with this remake, but the characters get alot more development and elaboration.

Jackie Malfoy
I plan to rent this movie soon.I can't wait it sounds like a great movie.With good actors in it.I might rent it tomorrow through,Because today me and my boyfriend are going to see "Finding Neverland"right after school!YEA!
See you around!JM

Mandorallen
I loved the movie.

as a director in progress, I found that the way the film was made was very unique...

nice screenplay,editing and actors.

9.5/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.