28 Days Later Zombies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

A Talking Dog
are the zombies eating the humans or are they turning them into other zombies?

if they are turning the humans into zombies, then how come some of their victims stay dead, but others get up?

BackFire
They simply beat the shit out of people and puke blood onto them. Sometimes they beat them to death, othertimes they aren't killed but are turned into the infected.

A Talking Dog
i see, thanks...but wait, then how do the zombies feed themselves? how the hell do they sustain?

Cinemaddiction
Never was explained, that's one of the reasons I originally disliked the movie. Seems as if they just serve as carriers for a virus, and have short life spans.

slayer
yea if they bite or cough blood on u or scratch u etc. then ur infected. If they just kill u then ur dead.

Evil Dead
They do not feed, they do not sustain themselves. If you watched the last half of the movie, you should know this. There is a group of military personell holed up in their own make shift compound........waiting for the zombies to starve to death so they can continue with normal life and begin rebuilding civilization (because they think all civilization has bee wiped out). One of their men was infected by one of the infected. They knocked him unconcious immediately......and chained him up outside so they would find out how long it took these infected people to starve to death since they did not eat. At the end of the movie, starvation is setting in. Infected humans are just falling over grasping thier stomachs as they starve to death. Hard to miss man.....I can think of two scenes off the top of my head where it is not in the background, it is the purpose of the scene (to show them starving to death).

Cinemaddiction..........I'm very disapointed in you. We discussed this months ago. You should have answered this guy's question as it very well was covered in the movie.

You kind of missed some major points to the movie. They are not zombies. They are not dead by any means. They are regular ol' humans that are infected with a virus, a virus that alters their mental status. When they attack somebody.......there are two outcomes. The person dies........or the person gets infected with the virus when the bodily fluids of an infected person comes into contact with their own bodily fluids. No dead person in this movie gets up. If you're dead, you're dead.......you were killed by a crazy person. If you're infected with the virus, you were infected by a crazy person and you turn into a crazy person yourself. Think of it as super-siphilis.

Cinemaddiction
I knew they don't feed. How they fed never was explained. How they don't feed was, though. big grin

Trick answer.

Evil Dead
ooooh.......

If I'm ever in trouble........you shall be my attorney. Law degree be damned!

tabby999
i still want to know why if they are so completly overcome by the lust for wanton destruction, why didn't they start killing one another?

A Talking Dog
its not that of missed points.
its more of a script thing. okay, granted they aren't zombies, {the boy yells "I HATE YOU!" in the cheese burger scene}, that still leaves for really wobbly antagonists. It takes all of the fun out of it now, knowing that all they are is really pissed of human beings.

psychopathfreak
TOBY and BROTHER HARRIS still LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikobe
Ahh... but technically a zombie doesn't have to be dead now does it? A zombie is generally someone that is not in control of their mind/hasno mind of their own, is rather dull and lifeless... the whole 'rising of the dead' comes from the West Indian 'vaudou' rituals with a 'zombi' being religiously reborn through use of a certain typeof plant that essentially makes them dead. They are buried, but after a while the plant's efects wear off and a vaudou pracitisioner 'wakes' them. They are completely out of it as they've practically been dead and buried alive for a good few hours, thus explaining the vacant, trance-like quality. Well... that's as much as I know. I'm probably a bit off with my facts there, but meh. (:

Darkseed
If they dont feed, then how do you explain the scene where Jim goes into the church and goes upstairs on to the balconey over looking the service area and there`s a HUGE pile of bodies, he shouts hello and up comes 4 to 5 guys from nowhere as if they were blended into the dead body pile and they stare at him, they were eating the bodies.

zombie_master
lets quit beating around the bush and say it 28 days later sucked very badly. I saw some dicushion about wut a zombie is let me tell u a zombie is any reanimated portion of a once living organism. It must be dead first to be a zombie. And the zombies needed to eat in this movie they simpaly starved in the end cuz everyone eles was a zombie. they were not just there to infect people that would make no scence and zombies arent smart so they couldent have had a master plan to get enough infected to start and army tokill and feed on the rest of the surviors Happy Dance yay i said somthing smart

Ikobe
Heh... I liked 28DL... *shrugs*

Darkseed
Like wise big grin

mook
i watched it last night - good film.

its irrelevant if they are zombies or not - they never claim them to be and theres bo reason to say they are. they are infected.

Cinemaddiction
The whole "feeding" issue wasn't ever really resolved. Nobody made mention that they did need to feed to survive or how they fed, merely that they were waiting for the "infected" to starve to death. Selena only hinted at it once.

If they needed to feed to survive, then in the opening at the research lab, they should have extended it to show the newly infected female feeding. The words "human flesh" were nowhere to be found in the script.

That was really my only pet peeve after rewatching the movie. I remember the black soldier that was held captive infected more than one person, so my previous "when a bee loses it's stinger.." theory doesn't hold up after all.

All that said, the infected seem to be pretty smart. So much so that they can differintiate between the infected/uninfected, and they can run for crying out loud.

mook
their wasnt a feeding issue.

they are infected with Rage so dont think of normal things like eating - they just want to kill.

when you see the black infected soldier for the first time the major talks about how the infected wont prepare food or anything so they will starve to death eventually.

Ikobe
Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.