Start Something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
I've kinda liked Lostprohpets for a while, but I never really listened to Fake Sound Of Progress much, it wasn't all that compelling, but a couple of days ago I saw Start Something and just thought what the hell and I bought it, and I gotta say its very good. To me it sounds like a cross between Drowning Pool and The Offspring and the vocalist sounds like Daryl Palumbo. So yeah suprisingly good cd. Make A Move and We Are Godzilla You Are Japan prolly my favorite tracks so far yes

Anyone like/dislike it?

Darth Revan
Don't have it no

I'm kind of planning on buying it though yes

ElectricBugaloo
Drowning Pool? no way.

i love lostprophets though, it was one of the best shows i've seen. probably the best.

total metalhead
They're something about them that really reminds of Drowning Pool, some of their riffs sound very Drowning Pool-ish. But hey i could be wrong. Shoot me.

I'd love to see them live. Crazy Welsh bastards.

Bad Boy
Not too keen on the album, the guitar parts are too repetetive. But Last Train Home is a fantastic song!

And we sayyyyyyy..........

total metalhead
It's 'and we sing' not 'say' stick out tongue

Darth Revan
you have to admit though it sounds like "say"

I thought that's what it was until just a couple weeks ago

Anyways yeah LostProphets are awesome

trixygurl
I have the album. I like it, but I liked fake Sounds of Progress better! I really dunno where ya get Drowning pool from ??? I don't think the guitar riffs sound anything alike, BUT I don't listen to Drowning Pool much. maybe I'll have to look into this for my self

total metalhead
I'm thinking more along the lines of Adema now, but there's still something very reminiscent of Drowning Pool in there I'm certain.

Oh yeah, I saw today Lostprophets have just released they're third single off this album, and as I predicted, it's Make A Move. Pretty good song.

lil bitchiness
cry Please dont compare Ian Watkins with my pressions Daryl!! cry

Yeah, original Fake Sound Of Progress is much better than the newer version (they have 2 versions of the album)
Ive seen and met Lostprophets from when they first started. They played couple of times at the place where i used to go out....Ian is very stuck up cry but oh so sexy! embarrasment

New albume is not as good...not to me anyway.

smile

total metalhead
Your right that was a horrible comparison. no
No one comes close to Daryl. NO ONE.

I could never really get into FSOP, it just never grabbed me like the new one did. But I don't know...everyone keeps telling me its better. I guess I should give it another go yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.