spiderman defies physics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moonwalker741
ok i hav thought about this for quite some time....i have thought hard n long about this......but this is very true.....ok to the point...lol

in physics...if you drop 2 non equal weight objects at the same height...they will hit the ground at the same time.....even if the objects dont equal the same weight....

mary jane falls from the broken balcony...spiderman yells "noooo" n all of that sappy shit....n jumps off 5 seconds later....he catches up to mary jane n catches her......

i know its a comic movie but this is jus a logical acknowledgement roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zephonim
I think the fact that Spider-Man 'dives' off the bridge as opposed to MJ, who was flailing. There would be less wind resistence on Spider-Man which would speed up his fall.

Kes
Zephonim> yes

Red Superfly
Yep, think about skydiving. To slow down you open your arms out, like MJ was, and to go faster you dive, like Spiderman.

This is why when you drop a bowling ball and a large, square flat piece of wood, the bowling ball would hit the ground first.

SpyCspider
Your physics case is only in ideal conditions. Along with -9.8 m/s/s. It's not taking in account of air resistance, etc. Of course the heavier, more aerodynamic object would fall first.

That's the flaw of physics...takes too many damn "ideal" conditions for things to work properly.

kal-el
he's A HUMAN SPIDER.DEFINE THE PHYSICS IN THAT!

p0ser
Um, IT'S A MOVIE.

Not only is it just a movie, a movie based on a comic book.

Hello?

Since when does Hollywood use logic?

If you want to analyze the whole movie, start from the beginning, since when do people turn into spiders after being bit by one? Since when do scientists turn into green goblins while performing experiments on THEMSELVES?

Honestly, this could go on forever...Lol. Nerds.

Red Superfly
To the best of my knowledge, Peter didn't turn into a spider lol.

p0ser
Hmm...Lol, good point.

But he have some spider qualities...I think that's what I meant.

moonwalker741
oo these r good points.....about how mj was flailin n spiderman 'dives'....i didnt think about air resistance.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.