What about a rethink of the X-men forum ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

G.P

LanceWindu
I do think that the pics should be seperated and more organized, the rest could probably stay the same without any problem.

Raz
Hmmm good suggestion. What do others think?

G.P
...or (about the second idea) we could clarify all by stting a little policy: members will have to be clear about what their thread belongs to. For instance, they could put a little mark ("M:" to talk about the movie, "C:" to indicate that it's about the comics, "GS:" for the general storyline and characters).

Looking forward to read your reactions...

§pearhead
As LW said, we can't have a subsection devoted to pics alone.

HOWEVER, it would be much easier to find specifically what one wants if comics and movies are separated.

G.P
But...he said the contrary huh

§pearhead
Oh...messed read that wrong. My bad.

Well...in that case, OPPOSING what LW said, I don't think we should have a section devoted to pics messed

Paola
We also have Evolution fans at the X-Men forum
maybe 2 subforums? one for Evo and the other for comics?
leaving the movie threads in the main X-Men forum yes

Clovie
i like it the way it is confused

Raz Jr
I just looked at it.... the newly posted threads dont expand to over a page so it doesnt REALLY need to be divided off, does it?

Kes
Like I say G.P. technically its a cool idea but it would make surfing the forum more difficult. Not to mention modding it LOL

Raz Jr
maybe if he modded it... *wink wink* wink

G.P
I'm not interessed in responsabilities except if it's to be Master of the world. naughty
What's more Kes does it very well.

PS to Raz jr.: It's quite normal that the newly posted thread don't expand much, provided that they are newly posted... roll eyes (sarcastic) it's not the OTF !

BarmyBrummie
Well, im always in the X men forum and i never have a problem with it no

Kes
It would also cause a lot of repeat threads. Meaning if we separate Comic from movie we'd have a thread for pretty much each character in the movie and comic section. And lets face it, it would go off-topic (meaning it would jump the movie/comic separation) quite fast.
Like I said it would be a ***** to mod messed

G.P
You may be right indeed, Kes...(but if you want some help with the modding, it will be a pleasure wink )

But I think the Pics thing holds water. Plus we could put in it the "What do you look like"-like thread for FanArt ST has proposed.

Vampiree
I think it's a good idea for the members... Only Kes might be slightly angry (evil face MOD IT! HHAHAAHAHAHA). The problem is that we get off topic even NOW (on CERTAIN threads). If we divide it into two seperate forums they will die. messed

BarmyBrummie
no it can't die!!!

Kes
Indeed you do! stick out tongue

yerssot
if it's all so difficult to do, why not just close it down, ban all the members and start all over again roll eyes (sarcastic)

seriously; if people think it is needed, I think a subforum for movies and a sub for comics would be the best
than again... when did a mod or raz ever listen to a member for advice

Kes
Did you read the thread?!

G.P
blink

Raz Jr
who has a problem with it?

anyone?

yerssot
no, I just randomly hit some keys here and there baby

Kes
I dont have a problem with it. I just think it will couse problems.
Yerss is moody today.

yerssot
I found your tone in that post aimed at me very hostile
what should I do than? beg for hugs 'n kisses?

Kes
Well you're post was very clipped not to mention totally off.

Raz Jr
nono

someones not being nice then

Jury Copeland
The suggestion was good! yes
To me, it doesn't really matter.

But, accepting that the subforum for X-Men Pics is enough...
...by doing so, we should, then, consider the rest...
...like the subforum for the FanArts
...subforums for the Movies alone
...subforums for the Comics discussion
...subforums for the X-Men Evo discussions
...subforums for the General Discussions.

See? It's confusing!!!
I'm just concern about the MODs. I know, it won't be easy for them to "MOD" those subforums.

But, anyhow... whatever will be... and as I said... it doesn't matter to me.

The only thing I hate is that: there are some members who keep posting new nonsense threads... (I was one of them cool )

I love KMC X-Men Forum, no matter how it looks like. wink

DemonicGambit-2
I like how it is now, I'm not confused at all, but I also wouldn't mind a pictures subforum. Although if you guys do create subforums for everything from, 'characters background' to 'characters full name' now that would get confusing

yerssot
who said anything about mods actually doing something? laughing out loud

Vampiree
me?! I'm the prefect little angel! big grin angel

falala...

BarmyBrummie
laughing out loud

DezW
hmmm and what'd happen to the character's threads? they are related to every 'section'.. the movie, the evo and the comics either.

Paola
I say leave it as it is yes
but do that "What do you look like" thread thing to: Fanarts & X-Men pics big grin

Ushgarak
If the principle becomes established, the call is at least as large for LOTR to be seperated movies and books also.

DemonicGambit-2
Good point I still think it should stay the same, just make a seperate sub forum for the character pics

G.P
I think sotheming more than separated pics should be done, but i agree my current solution isn't a good one...So... as there are no other suggestions for this part, we should just forget it .

yerssot
hey, now THAT is something I can do wink

G.P
So... should we proceed to a vote ? confused

Jury Copeland
why not?

Raz
I guess, but the vote would have to be in the X-Men forums, and with final approval from the section mod - Kes.

Kes
My biggest problem is that if we separate Comic from book we'll have a lot of off-topic. Comparing both is the biggest topic.
Separating pics from character talk will lead to the same, because eventually we'll ask for pics and going to a sub forum to see them is a pain.

G.P
Indeed yes But as I said I've give up on that point... Plus many people find it unclear...

Fire
G.P if you raise a point you should stick wiv it goddamn you stick out tongue

nah just kidding smile glad to see you can still change your mind

BarmyBrummie
Just leave it as it is. I don't see a problem with it anymore apart from having to search for ages through pictures looking for one...

Raz Jr
looks fine to me, but i rarely post there

G.P
if we only separate pics from the rest, it will be simplier...

Kes
Maybe...

DemonicGambit-2
I like it as it is, I really don't see a problem with how it is

G.P
You enjoy being contradictory, don't you ? wink
We are now discussing about the Pics sub-section...

Jury Copeland
Lazy Demonic shifty

*joke* wink

DemonicGambit-2
LOL I don't mind it how it is now, but I also wouldn't mind a sub-forum for pictures, so there, haha, you're hurt now stick out tongue

Paola
I support the subforum pic thing wink yes

Kes
Like I told G.P, I like it the way it is and subforums would make it harder and more time consuming to mod.

G.P
It's perfectly clear to me : if it represents a problem for Kes, then please consider that I'm taking back what I proposed. Thanks for your time anyway. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.