White Water Rafting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Well, I'm going to do this for the first time tomorrow....gotta get up early too.....wahhhhh
any body done white water rafting before...comments suggestions....horror tales...happy stories welcome Happy Dance

Hypernova
You'll love it!!

I did this in the South Island and I absolutely loved it! Its the adrenaline...! Also did Black Water Rafting and the cold just got into my bones! That was cold!

Julie
er what's the difference?

Darth Revan
I've never done white water rafting but I like ocean kayaking... It's a lot of fun "surfing" on a wave

Even when you capsize it's fun 'cause you expect that you're going to get wet... So you just go for a little swim when you do big grin big grin big grin

So have fun

badkittykitty
yes I loved it! I went to the The New River Gorge National River in WVa.the lower river starts with Class II (easy)...ends with Class IV-V (very challenging)..it was great!

Hypernova
Black water rafting is when you go down a cave with a tube (tyre-like) and you slide down, swim, float, jump off mini-cliffs. We had to abseil down into this cave first to get there. You get geared up with their wet suit. We got to see those famous NZ glow worms - so beautiful. Did this in Waitomo, North Island. Loved Waitomo!

mechmoggy
I hope we're not talking about white water wristin'! eek!

But seriously, yeah I've done it Jules and its great fun. Funnily enough Mrs.MM had arranged for me and my best mate to go to the French Alps this summer white water rafting as a graduation present. But a few days ago my mate said he can't afford it this year, but he says we'll go next year instead. sad

Have fun! big grin

VallejoKid707
Oh I just thought that the Black Water was dirtier

Evy_O
I had tried once or twice at a camp, two years ago big grin It's great really thumb up

cermiestar
tip from the top....stay in the boat! big grin

Julie
I did it....I managed to stay in the boat the entire time...except the last few seconds when I jumped in cause I freaking had to get to the little girls room pronto.
It was overall a wonderful experience...the only bad part was the weather wasn't so nice...I think I may get sick for my finals. First off, we get in these skin tight wet suits that make us all look like smerfs...
Second, our trip is an hour late because one group got lost finding the place. Third, before the trip and for the first two hours it rained....pouring style on us.

The good stuff was watching other fools fall out of the rafts....:-)
well, I think if I ever did it again it would most certainly be in the dead of summer!

Julie
Did I mention I got hit by a branch....my chest kinda hurt for a day or so...but I think it's all better now.

Fire
good

White Water Rafting and Canyoning are two of my favourite sports

JKozzy
I've gone a few times, awesome experience. You'll have fun. If you fall out, which is hard, keep your feat up and float! Water's a bit cold usually, but other than that, have an awesome trip Julie! And if you've already posted above me because I was too lazy to read below, oh well. stick out tongue

Fire
lol lazy ass kozzy but yea she already had it

JKozzy
That's me! smart

Fire
hehe go kozzy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.