Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Did you guys read these as a kid? Do you still read them?
I read over 500 of them....and I'd still read 'em if I can find new ones...they're all about 150 on average...though some of the older ones are longer 170ish.
The characters were good to a flaw....flat, yet thoroughly enjoyable...
Mysteries were decent...sometimes repeated themes, but entertaining all the same

RoguePw25
I can't believe I haven't started this thread before!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?? I STILL read these books. My bro got me the Hardboys, The Case of the Physic Vision and I absolutly LOVED it.

Right now, I'm reading Nancy Drew The Double HOrror of Fenley Place and it is absolutyly delicous! Not literally of course, but you know what I mean.

Julie
What's that one about????
I don't really remember it...heck ..there are so many of them I may not have read it yet. I have a list at home of all the ones I read so far...it's fun...and the books are so good...so which do you like better?
Have you tried the Super mysteries??

Julie
Do you prefer casefiles or "regular" and hardcover books...?

RoguePw25
Hardcovers are special. They are old, but I love them.
The casefiles are delicious. I read one, "Sweet Revenge" and I was on the edge of my seat!! It was great!!

The regular ones are good too, but I can't decide which I love the most.

Julie
Have you tried the Supermysteries? I think those were some of my favorites.....I actually got started because my sister gave me one for christmas...I think it was called Danger Down Under.

RoguePw25
Whoo, I haven't read that one. the SuperMysteries are awesome!! I just finished one about a month ago. It was called, "Hit and Misses" I have to say that I loved it. The hardys and Nancy together, they had some snappy dialogue and it was great.

Julie
Yea I read that one...can't really remember what it was about...I really liked the one when they were in the Netherlands...or something like that....I also remember them solving a mystery on a train. And there was one about the titanic....

airangel429
I wasn't much into the Hardy Boys but the Nancy Drew books were awesome when I was younger. I haven't read any of them in YEARS though. LOL! smile

big gay kirk
I always preferred Hardy Drew and the Nancy Boys....

Julie
interesting.....uh...I liked both series...you should get back into Nancy Drew...they're still good..even if you get older

RoguePw25
true true. Both sereis are pretty good

Julie
which have you read more????

RoguePw25
Oh gosh, this is a long list. From the Mystery series I've read:

#115 The Case of the Twin Teddy Bears - my first Nancy Drew. It blew me away. It was sooooo good!

#83 The Case of the Vanishing Veil- another really good one. Who knew that a normal weeding could turn so sinister??
#117-Mystery of the Menu- Nancy, George and Bess win a trip to this place where they spend a week working with a world famous chef.

#126-The Riddle in the Rare Book- this one left me absoluty speechless. I mean, I know the name of the book is Nancy Drew, but we went pages with just Bess and no Nancy. It was so refreshing to see.

#127 The Case of the Dangerous Solution
#132 The Fox Hunt Mystery
#134 The Secret of the Forgotten Cave- words can't express how interesting this book was. I couldn't put it down!

#137 In Search of the Black Rose- has to be in my Top 5 Favorite Nancy Drews. I couldn't belive how good this book was. Nancy was down to earch, and Bess George were right there to help her.

#139 The Secret of Candelight Inn

whew!! There's more, but I'll have to tell you those later.

Julie
ooohhh do tell...this is really interesting...see I read them all so long ago and I read so many of them that I don't remember them all....it's cool to at least get the synopsis of some of the greats.
I can't remember the first one I read. I remember in one of the supermysteries NAncy and the Hardy Boys were trying to save this Prince or something....it was a really cool scene

RoguePw25
ooh, I havent' read that one. Maybe it's "New Years Evil?"
that's a SuperMystery. . but I haven't read it yet.

ElectricBugaloo
i used to read them...but then i turned 15 wink

seriously though, if i see one, i'll read it.

crazy_c
I never read the hardy boys books but i used to read nacy drew and i still do sometimes. I have a few but i'm not that mad into them .

RoguePw25
I haven't read as many Hardy Boys as I've read Nancy's but I have read a few.
My fist was #160: A Game Called Chaos.
I loved it!! I even took boook notes on it and wrote down interesting things that I liked. Go figure.

Julie
*figures*
nope couldn't fathom it....but that's cool that you enjoyed the book. Let's see...I think the book I was talking about was called Royal Revenge or something like that.
Passport to Danger was another cool one....I think they're in Mexico solving a smuggling case.
Have any of you seen those really old tv shows on the Hardy Boys??? I think there might be one for Nancy Drew, but I haven't seen them if they exist

RoguePw25
Yeah, I saw it on Disney one time.
I've read Royal Revenge. Isn't that the one when they're all in a castle or something? Very cool.

UNCPstar
hi! I love Nancy Drew, have ever since I was little, and believe me that was a while ago, and I still love to read them when I get the chance. The Super Mysteries are my favorites, I have read almost all of them, I just can't seem to find the ones I don't have... wink

RaventheOnly
Hardy Boys rock !!!!!!!

RoguePw25
bump

jabogitlu
If you guys're interested in the Hardy Boys, check out

bayportgazette dot com

BloomBabyGirl
hardy boys r so much better then nancy drew but i like when they team up

Julie
I dunno...I like both...though I agree that the supermysteries are awesome. My college roommate and I flashed back to our childhoods and dug around for some old ones the other didn't have so now I have about 11 more I've never read...

side note: Well, even if I had read them it was so long ago it's like new:-)
Anyone here try the video games?

Jackie Malfoy
I had read Nancy Drew but not the Hardy boys.I don't read the books now but I use to love them so much.JM

Julie
am I a traitor??? I've begun to sell some of my old Nancy Drew and HArdy Boys books...I have most of the super mysteries....and a good number of the new "old" hardcovers

Julie
I'm starting to sell my collection of ND books...is that bad? Should I be clinging to this piece of my childhood?

PinstripePapaya
i used to read Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys when i was younger, i cant remember all the ones ive read, but most of the ones where they are seperate. Ive never heard of the supermysteries and so have never read them, they sound good tho so might have to get back into them lol.
Did anyone ever have the new Nany Drew books? where they had like a code in the cover and you were meant to get all the codes from every book in the series and work out what it was, cuz i never did so if anyone else did let me know beacuse I've always wondered!

Julie
codes what codes???

I have read some of the new ND books though and they sort of let me down....okay, ND and her friends have always been fairly flat characters....but in the new series they suddenly make bess into the resident Mechanic and George into the computer whiz...what in the ????

Julie
Hello self, why are we selling our childhood ND and HB books?

PinstripePapaya
maybe the copies with codes in were just a UK thing...messed

Barker
Originally posted by Julie
Did you guys read these as a kid? Do you still read them?
I read over 500 of them....and I'd still read 'em if I can find new ones...they're all about 150 on average...though some of the older ones are longer 170ish.
The characters were good to a flaw....flat, yet thoroughly enjoyable...
Mysteries were decent...sometimes repeated themes, but entertaining all the same
Hardy Boys eek!

Those Were The Most Awesome Books..........But Sadly, I Havn't Read One In A While.

Lord Shadow Z
I haven't read a Hardy Boys book in years but I do have fond memories of them.

Julie
I still favor the supermysteries with all our favorite cardboardish heros:-)

Yeah, HB and ND were good times...I stopped reading them now though....too much else to read

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.