50 First Dates vs. Along Came Polly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VallejoKid707
Which is better?

I prefer Along Came Polly.

Cinemaddiction
Anything with Drew Barrymore wins by default.

Evy_O
Along came Polly big grin

Lord Soth
50 First Dates. That's such a sweet movie, but Along Came Polly is just a little corny

Ellen
i think 50 first dates it's funny laughing out loud

and then lucy... everyday when lucy woke up she don't remember anything laughing out loud

botankus
Next thread: 50 First Dates vs. Cannibal Holocaust

Kes
I think they are both crap, but then again I dont like romantic comedies.

theone0103
For me along came polly was a terrible screenplay and had a corny sense of humor that will make you laugh once and see it again and say "how can you laugh at that" basically saying that this movie was way out of line. Especially when:

They made all the jokes about this stupid ferret that was blind and old and still that girl carried it around all the time and who buys a ferret from a garage sale.

For Along came polly it is HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED that you see this terrible film.

...but thats just my opinion.

On the other hand 50 first dates had a little bit of stupid jokes but some of them were funny that movie kept me laughing for the entire time. I really didn't like that much that:

the he-she was one of the main characters

That kinda ruined the movie. The movie was just so good cause it kept you guessing what:

Adam Sandler was planning on doing next just to get the attention of a pretty girl. And all the things that everyone did to make Drew Barrymore think that it was the day that she lived a long time ago. Like putting the shampoo back in the bottle and pulling her hair out of the comb and they were Worthy enough to buy newspapers from that certain day.

Chances of me seeing these movies-

-Along Came Polly 18%

-50 first dates 82%

Cinemaddiction
God, after seeing them both over a weeks time, "50 Furst Dates" was 10 times more enjoyable that that much "Polly". Just stupid toilet humor, flat jokes, and Ben Stiller playing himself never works.

VållèjºKîd707
laughing out loud

Myth
Along Came Polly was horrible. The only funny jokes were cheap and played no role in the movie. That basketball scene is pretty funny but had no purpose. The jokes in 50 First Dates actually had structure to them.

Jedi Priestess
I'm with you. Altho How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was kinda funny!

Vengeance
lol how to lose a guy in 10 day was more of a how to make a man fall asleep fastest movie. like realy not funny for one and just stupid for the second part. k but anyway along came polly wasn't bad but it just wasn't that funny, and 50 first was great you just cant lose with andam sandler (unless your watch drunk punch love) that and the movie was just ass funny.

Cinemaddiction
I just wanna apologize for my unintelligible ramblings up above.

Jedi Priestess
this is probably whats wrong with me then because I cant stand Sandler sorry man

Stormy Day
Along Came Polly was bad because I didnt reall care about the characters and that whole thing at the end where she says she doesnt want to get marrid just turned me off to where I just said to my "Why did I even bother watching the movie"I just didnt like it sad

50 First Dates was enjoyable and had some very funny parts.The ending was a little farfetched your thinking "could that guy really do that forever would it get boring?"but besides the ending the movie is worth seeing.

CINEMADDICTION why do you already have a Spider-Man 2 sig?

Vengeance
well thats bad, but whatever free country or so i hope. but i just realy like the way he talks so normal then goes to a funny sngry voice. this wasn't one of his greats though so u can't like him that much in this movie. watch the water boy or happy gilmore those were the greats.

Stormy Day
Yeah he doesnt do anything to make you laugh really in his movies hes just a normal guy onscreen not a clown or baffoon

Vengeance
lol you said baffoon.

Stormy Day
So confused

Illyria
50 1st Dates wins in my opinion simply because they didn't try to magically fix Drew's condition and also it shows that this guy is in love since he's willing to go through this weird torture for their entire relationship. I didn't get why Ben's character fell in love with Polly in the first place. Ben & Jen in Along came Polly had no chemistry.

Stormy Day
Thats what I felt to sad

Yeah I though they where going to fix her in the end.But I dont see how anybody could do that for there entire life on Sandlers part sad

Vengeance
well i think at the end they were trying to show she was starting to remember slowly, cuase hes in her dreams.

Stormy Day
Yeah but you could tell she was never gonna get better and if she was they should have gave us some hope except for her dreams sad

Vengeance
well i dunno i think she was slowly learning cuase she rememberd him, in her dreams but that is a short term memory, so it wierd.

Stormy Day
It still didnt have a happy ending because you didnt know if she was gonna get better all we knew was that Sandler was gonna be doing this all his life and that would be really gard messed

Vengeance
yea i guess so, i agree it wasn't a very happy ending but it was a fair ending full of questions.

Stormy Day
I didnt want have question confused I wanted to be satisfied and although a good movie it just had a bad ending sad

Vengeance
lol well u cant always have your cake and eat it to as they say. but i can i'll just buy 2. but yea i didn't mind the ending but no questions would've been good to.

Stormy Day
Yeah,it was just to far- fetched for me sad

Vengeance
lol well, the real prob of the movie is that his daughter has to live every day with her momy not remembering her. like thats a sad ending.

Stormy Day
Yeah its not right putting a child through that sad

Vengeance
yeah that daughter would grow up with the geatest case of deppresion. like your mom making you a bad lunch, and you tell her to stop but the next day u get the same lunch. its horrible.

Stormy Day
lol, that would be sad sad

Vengeance
yea and there's never i thing we could do about it.

Cinemaddiction
Opposites attract.

Vengeance
yea but not in real life, well it does but not very often.

Cinemaddiction
Kind of a contradiction, no?

Happens all the time, actually. When people with totally simialr tastes come together, it usually makes for a boring relationship after a while. Trust me, I've been there.

Stormy Day
But even if they where opposites I still feel that they needed to make a conection in the film and that I didnt see sad

Vengeance
yeah,but realy he didn't even no her but yet he ate food that makes him shit horrible.like realy

Stormeister
Yeah no attraction whatsoever

Vengeance
just makes the movie scary to watch when the people just fall in love that fast with out any connections. just seems wierd.

Stormeister
yes and you fear for there future,and you leave the movie feeling NO satisfaction or need to watch the film again sad

Vengeance
thats actually a good point. i totally agree.

Stormeister
Thank You happy at least somebody around here respects my opinions.

zinh
"Polly" reminded me of that other film that ben stiller was in "Theres something about Mary" but not that funny except what they played on the trailer(cept the ass scenes lmao).

I kept on calling the film "Theres something about Polly" erm

50 first dates was greatsmile Funny stuff.

Vengeance
yea i thought 50 first did a good job to make his career go back up from his failure "Drunk Punch Love" that movie sucked, maybe its just becuase i alwasy wanna see funny stuff come from him but that movie wasn't funny or saposta be.

Black Angel 86
so first dates, definately!

Stormeister
I heard "Punch Drunk Love" is what proved him to be and actor,but I havent seen the film tho and dont wish to.

A good movie where opposites attract is "A Guy Thing" rent that instead of "Along Came Polly" that movie actually makes you feel for the characters and laugh at the same time.

Vengeance
yea adam did a good job doing the part he was saposta but the script sucked so it hurt him on the way down. and i totally agree with you a guy thing was awsome, it was so funny how every guy knew what to say to save the guys ass.

Stormeister
Yeah that was funny when the girl called the store and when she called Jimmy cool

Devalion
50 first dates was better

Vengeance
yeah that was the best laughing

Stormeister
The funniest part was when the guy got crabs big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.