Jedi academy!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
okay this is a great fighting game! i love it. but the storyline sucks.
if you kood combine the storyline of KOTOR with JEDI ACADEMY's fighting style, that would be so f*cking awesome.

QX100
I have not tried it but does it have a good story? huh

yerssot
the story isn't that great, pretty standard actually
fighting has improved, still problems with the force and such

VengeanceGOD
The story's pretty cool, good for a nonlinear game, plus the level designs are cool.

What problems did you have Yerss? I enjoyed the force powers.

tk-622
I think that is a pretty good game the only problem is that when you are in a middle of a fight it is kinda hard to change between powers

yerssot
well, imho, you shouldn't be able to choke a jedi at all
and the force never depletes

mindbugaling
i thought the storyline sucked. they need to kick luke skwalker and kyle katarn out of the story completely. kyles just this skinny little nerdy jedi and so is luke. the cool fighting made up for the sucky story, which is why i wish they could put JA's fighting style in KOTOR>

mindbugaling
i think that if youre stronger than your oposining jedi that you should be able to choke them, right?

yerssot
yeah, a padawan can't choke a jedi master I guess, but it's still something that I don't like

Creechuur
Kyle Katarn is the lamest jedi EVER. When I first played the game and Luke mentioned that some of the students would be studying under "Master Horn" I got so excited('I Jedi' is one of my favorite books). "OO, I wanna study under Corran Horn, I do I do!!!!"

But I got stuck with Kyle and that thinly veiled dark side-turner Roth or whateverhisnamewas.

I'm so sick of people saying crap like "the Force never depletes" and "theres no Force Powers, just the Force". Give me a break you guys. ITS A FRIGGIN GAME. Games must have balanced mechanics and be understandable to new gamers. Not everyone who plays JA is as big a SW fan as we are. By breaking down the force into "powers" it makes the game easier to grasp. Also, the Force may not deplete, but the users strength does, hence the need for a Force Meter. What else are they gonna do? Maybe you want the Force activated by pressing the right mouse button, and then your computer will just instinctively know what you want to do with the Force at that given time, maybe because you have that new Nvidia Mind Reading Card on your system...I admit that no game has really nailed being a Jedi yet, but considering what scrutinizing, anal, mistake-hunting geeks we all are I don't think a game will ever make all of us happy.

Lastly, for the guy who said it was too hard to activate different powers during a heated fight, try mapping your individual powers to different keys that are easily reachable. I mapped all of my most useful powers to keys surrounding my movement keys. Worked for me.

mindbugaling
well for those of us who have an xbox.....

Creechuur
Sorry, I am completely anti-XBox. I stand by my advise: Throw your XBox away, buy a PC and map the dang buttons!

Julie
*choke*....anti xbox....wow.....harsh

Creechuur
And proud of it <grins>

I won an XBox in a raffle at the last company Xmas party (I worked for Atari, so the place was full of gamers and the like). It was like the biggest prize being given out, all the VIPs are there with their wives and whatnot, and I screamed "XBox can suck it!!!" at the top of my lungs in a Dave & Busters party room. I then proceeded to the stage to collect my prize.

...yeah I was drunk, so?

I sold it to my boss the next day for 200 bucks. I used the cash to replace my busted PS2, hehe.

Sorry to go so far off-topic, but I stand by my words..."XBOX CAN SUCK IT."

Dirty Vader
JA had a boring story line, Jedi outcast had a brilliant one. Sure the fighting has been improved but I still prefer outcast.
JA had a few EU flaws but some good EU linkage too. Like that fallen vaedr sttue in Bast Castle, in Dark Empire Palpy orders it down and the boba re-appearnece.

mindbugaling
so i guess in the EU somewhere n BOBA FETT comes back to life?

Dirty Vader
Thats right my friend, in Dark Empire btw

tk-622
how the hell did bobba came back?

Dirty Vader
He has a jetpack, a buddy called Dengar and a few skills which let him escape the pit of carkoon.

DARK ASSASSIN
it chewed him up though

Seto Fett
Boba Fett never "came back to life" due because he never really died. He escaped the Sarlacc after a brief emprisonment in it. Read Tales of the Bounty Hunters and the Bounty Hunter Wars novel trilogy for more info. To get on subject, I have just purchased JA but find it very difficult due to I'm not used to using a computer for a game system... It's going to take me some time to get used to it lol...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.