Should the Simpsons movie be the finale for the show?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
w/ the upcoming film in development for 2006 and the television series running over 15 years, should the film be the closing curtain for the mighty giant of a show? what do u think?

roundisfunny
The show, sadly, has been flagging for years. They should pull out all the stops and kill half of the cast in the movie.

gls
i'm not sure if it should. they shouldhave the simpsons with family guy, and futurama together for an episode though..

Rambo
the simpsons will never really have a finale of any kind; that is what makes them keep going and going. They never change but in a way they do. I think if they are going to make a movie im not sure how they would do it but i dont think it should be a finale.

VallejoKid707
The Simpsons should never end!!!!!

forumcrew
the movie will not be out in 2006, they will not begin work until the show is over which is atleast 1-3 seasons, and the movie will take 3 years so 4 years minimum before we see a simpsons movie

U Neek
If the writers of the Simpsons run out of ideas and cannot create any new funny and innovative episodes, then "Yes", the film should be the finale for the show. But as it stands, Simpsons is one of the most classic series ever and should go on for as long as possible.

WindDancer
The writers of the Simpsons ran out of ideas a long time ago. The show shoulda stop awhile back. I don't see how the movie will ever help get the Simpsons out their current downhill.

Drifter101
but matt groeing and the original writers have returned for the film which when theywrote 98 back the show was funny as he ll the movie should be funny too

eleveninches
They should keep on with the series, but hire a brand new set of writers and give them lots of creative licence. They should try to get the writers from other shows (like south park, futurams, etc...)
They should keep on with the series, but I can understand why they might want to bring it to an end, in which case, they should make the movie the last production ever (except maybe a few one off returns for special occasions)

ragesRemorse
whatever happens, the simpsons should end, and end soon. I have always loved the simpsons. i used to always look forward to the yellow family, because i knew i oculd coutn on some laughs. However lately i have been watching the simpsons in dread. The only reason i continue watching them is out of love and respect for them always being there for me. The last three seasons have been comlete shit. complete recycled shit, save a few episodes. Every ounce and a while we will get an episode that has been written by groening and his old crew which is always damn funny. If there is a movie it should deffaintly push all the boundaries and take all the risks, but with the fleeting fan base to the new boring ass simpsons, i doubt there will be fans enough left to inspire a film.

How come simpsons was allowed to stay on the air, and family guy and futurama gets cacelled? what kind of shit is that. One episode of family guy was more humorous than an entire season of the simpsons, same for futurama

eleveninches
I dont have satellite or cable, so here in the UK they have only shown the first 4 or 5 seasons or something like that, and they tend to always show repeats. I still havn't seen most of the new episodes

Drifter101
ur not missing much new ones suck all those writers left like in 98 the good writers

Darth Revan
Well, they definitely ain't like they used to be

I remember when I first started watching the Simpsons I could hardly stop laughing the whole show...

Drifter101
yup bet it was round seasons 2-9 best ones

Wolfie
There were some running gags that were so great that they've lost. What happened to Skinner looking out his window to his mother's scary mansion with the shadow of the blinds in his face? Not to mention that making Barney a recovering alcoholic was a big mistake.

Drifter101
that kinda died out they used it too much it was funny though, and now in new episodes they now made him a drunk again, so thats kinda a plus

silver_tears
I will just point out, I have high hopes for this movie, and I am almost positive that it will not deliver, so if it is hugely disappointing we do always have the series which through the 15 or 16 (can't quite remember embarrasment )years they are contracted for has been great big grin

Although the last few seasons were kinda crap erm, and this weeks Homer becomes a Super hero does not look too good either stick out tongue

quiball
They're gonna have a Simpsons Movie?
Well, I think they should end because it's kinda getting a bit scary, the new episodes

§pearhead
The new episodes suck.

And this movie's gonna bomb.

silver_tears
They will in like 5 years stick out tongue

Drifter101
the movies coming in 2 years i dunno their contract w/ fox ends 2006, the movie comes out 2006 it just seems right, and it seems their like planning it out for it to be the end

silver_tears
um I read that it will come out in 3 years after the series ends, so that's five years.

Drifter101
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13483,00.html go to this site it tells the year of the movie debut, either summer 2006 or christmas 2006. and its a recent thing not last year just this feb

silver_tears
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/07/film.simpsons.movie.ap/

That's the info big grin

Once the show is over, Smith told AP Radio, it will still be at least three years before the movie hits theaters because "animation takes forever."

So therefore it will be about five years.

Drifter101
ur thing says it will start after it ends, which means animation and all will begin after the 06 season, it will most likely be completed by fall 2006 release by 2006 christmas most likely,

BackFire
The show needs to end asap. It's starting to disgrace itself with the crappy new episodes.

Also, a movie may not be a good idea. If they can get the original writers to come back for it, then sure. But if it's the same writers they use now, the ones that ruined the show, then a movie will just hurt them.

Drifter101
they already have all the classic writers back for it, its all set

<<Solo>>
Sadly.Yes.

Drifter101
yea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.