Gandalf the white Vs. Magneto (movie Version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautFan
this could go under magneto vs. but i thought it would be interesting to put it here where it could be discussed separately. so Ian Mckellen vs. himself. which version is more powerful?

i guess we should cover 2 subjects at once while we are at it. should he play in x-men 3 if there is one made? or should they use a different villain all together? thanx alot.

eleveninches
Gandalf seemed really underpowered and underrated in the lord of the rings films.

I would have to go for magneto though. Gandalf is really just wise more than powerful, whereas Magneto is Super powerful and is also very wise as well.

DarkCrawler
Gandalf

eleveninches
If gandalf realised his full potential and used his full range of powers, then he might just stand a chance, but he rarely does that.

beavis46
couldnt magneto just throw every single sword in middle earth at gandalf at once?thatd do it

eleveninches
yup. mag is way more powerful than gandalf.

JuggernautFan
yea i kinda agree that magneto is too powerful. but don't know what the magics are capable of that gandalf posess. but in the 2 towers, ganalf was fast enough to knock arrows out of the sky while deflecting 2 other hero's actions at once. magneto better not slip up or he could lose.

Alex-Neo
Now this would be interesting fight, my fav. is magneto but i think Gandalf might win he is one of the most powerful wizards around he just chooses not to use his powers because it makes him look more mystical, actually no i say Magneto because he is very powerful and yea could just rip him in half or self all the swords at him or give him a blood clot but again saying that Gandalf is imortal is he not he is a protector of earth sent from god. tough call!

SuperDarryl
Magneto way over-powered for Gandolf to match up with him, it's a mix-match! Gandolf is a pretty cool guy, he carries a sword, has a staff that lights up in the dark, and can cast a few medicore spells. But by no means is he able to hang in a sort of class with Magneto. Magento can shape and manipulate magnetic fields, he can create magnetic force fields around himself that is almost impentrable, fired bolts of electricity, destroy shit with heat, get the picture? Magneto would obliterate, annihilate, and destroy Gandalf Grey or Gandalf White, with no problem what so ever. laughing

SuperDarryl
Magneto would kick ass mad

JuggernautFan
but i'm talking about the movie version of magneto. the comic book version of magneto is much to much for gandalf. but the movie version is more down to earth, whom i still think would have a handfull with gandalf the white. gandalf isn't "a conjurer of cheap tricks" by his own account. i think he COULD win under certain circumstances.

Raventheonly
There pretty even but Gandalf is immortal, an angel to be exact, and magneto is an old man who apparently cannot control his powers completely because he had to use Rogue in the first movie... but the comic version is infinitely more powerful.... Yet the full power of Gandalf is limitless...

FrothByte
is it the movie version of magneto vs. movie version of gandalf? then it would be gandalf. if you want to use comic version magneto please also use the book version of gandalf. i read all three lord of the rings books (the older versions), and gandalf is definitely more powerful. the reason why he doesn't use all of his power is because it is dangerous to other living beings if he did. so i pick gandalf.

wolverine8888
that true I have read the books also I love gimli he the man well dwarf

Raventheonly
Right on the money Froth

nomsans
no holds barred battle to the death. who would win?

norrin radd
magneto all the way.

Paola
movie Magneto & Gandalf? or comic ones? (if there's any difference and IF there's a comic Gandalf)

ScarletSpider
Magneto. Gandalf's a little wuss bag.

who?-kid
At least he's not some psychopath and a would-be world conqueror like Magneto.

norrin radd

Maestro
had to go with changing magneto into a monkey, lol.

Imagine a monkey with electromagnetic powers.....Lol

Tron
I guess you guys missed the forth Lord of the Rings movie, where Gandalf declares war against Homo Inferior, unleashing his newly aquired powers of magnetism upon Middle Earth.wink

norrin radd
damn i knew there was a fourth one, gandal the white changes his name to Gandalf master of magnetism

who?-kid
Anybody who starts a war, is a psychopath. And I'm not saying that Magneto alone started the whole mutant vs. humans war, but he sure did his best. He made things only worse, and gave mutants an even worse name.

(Yeah, I can't stand him, I admit it stick out tongue )

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
I thought the fourth Lord of the Rings was Hidalgo. Silly me. It sure was long enough.

baddspellahl4
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t292248.html already been made

Tron
Also, in the forth one, Saruman breaks out of his tower and mows through all the tree guys with the new lightsaber he built, Aragorn sports a cowboy hat and two revolvers, Hugh Jackman comes in popping his claws, sporting a crossbow and trenchcoat while singing broadway songs, and for some reason Samuel L. Jackson's in it, with his lightsaber, afro, pistol, and cigarette in his mouth. Comes to DVD sometime soon.wink

shaber
Magneto would stand no chance whatsoever.

rougeredmage
ok well they seem a fair fight to me. though i do think technically gandalf is immortal ( because he is not human he is a memeber of the order of Maia. and probiblby did most of the work for the Valar) of cource non of this is mentioned in peter jacksons films, its just persumed, also it seems that it gandalfs main magical tool is his staff.; meaning if magneto breaks that i would say its all over for him

Swanky-Tuna
Gandalf uses his potential to bring out the potential in others. He turned a group of meek hobbiitses into proud warriors. They even help liberate hobbiton in the most adorable battle that wasn't in the movies. The Battle of Bywater!

Tron
Yeah, I heard about it, but I haven't read it. I know a good number of people were pretty pissed that it wasn't in the movies though.

radioboy121
I haven't read the book in ages, but if anyone saw the "Return of the King Extended version," Gandal's staff was destroyed by the Witch King and he was at his mercy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.