I need advice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grizzly
I may have a new job soon, one where I would be making less money per hour, but I would get an apartment for just $75 a month and overtime at the job. The hours would be either 8 hours a day or 14 hours a day, all I would have to do is inspect houseboats that this company rents out to people at Lake Mead. I wouldn't have to do any real work, just look at things and make sure they work properly. If they don't I would radio the information to the office and they would send Maintenance to fix it.

I just don't know what I should do:

Stay at the job I have now, where I make $7.75 an hour with guaranteed raises and insurance after 3 months, but I'd end up paying $500 a month in rent.
Go to the new job which pays $7 an hour, with no raises or insurance, but only a $75 apartment.

Take the poll and let me know what you think I should do.

yerssot
do the job you enjoy the most, cause if you end up doing it a long time and you hate the job, you'll hate your life

Asami
I say go to the new job, without experience, you wouldn't know what you really appreciate

Devalion
I dunno...sorry!

Grizzly
Ok, let me add this...

I HATE the job I am at right now, since I am so tall and having to bend over constantly my back is permanently sore. Plus I may be allergic to some of the chemicals I use.

Grizzly
Dude...that's nearly exactly what Linds told me...

yerssot
than change

Grizzly
I more than likely will change.

Cause I want my own apartment...I do not want to live with my sister and her family anymore.

I just need to come to a decision by the time I go home today, which is in less than an hour.

Fire
change lance change

yerssot
go to the new job, if you dislike this job and have to stay with your sis which you also dislike, than why stay?

Grizzly
I dunno...because I am afraid of taking chances.

Devalion
Change the job!!! Your back is very important...It a random comment, but a very important one!

WindDancer
That's a tough one LW. I'll suggest you stay in your current job since it does guarantee a raise and benefits. But if you don't feel comfortable then go for the other job. Remenber getting promoted is also good. So if the other job provides a quick position promotion go for it.

btw-How were your taxes? Did you had to pay the government? I did. erm

Serif
It's easy for us to say change. But think about it... the change maybe good for you smile But I can also see why you'd feel you should stay.

Storm
I voted stay at your current job because of the guaranteed raises and insurance.
But like yerss said, if you' re feeling uncomfortable at your current job then that has it influence at your life outside your job.

yerssot
oh yeah, NOW you listen to me huh storm? stick out tongue

Storm
When it makes sense, yes I do stick out tongue

yerssot
than why now? What the f**k?

badkittykitty
if your current job is going to give you medical insurance than stick with it,insurance is expensive and you never know what can happen.

if you want a new job than I would keep looking but don't go backwards in pay and benefits.

Serif
Medical insurance is a major factor in deciding jobs in the US?

Devalion
Yeah, the insurance side of it is important!

Gregory
It should be pretty easy for you to figure out, if you discount job enjoyment. Suppose you change jobs. If you work 8 hours a day, six days a week, four weeks a month (regardless of which job you take), than by changing jobs, you'll lose .75*8*6*4=144$ a month. But you'll gain (500-75)=$425 a month from rent, giving you a net gain of $281 a month if you change jobs. I don't have enough information to say for certain, but I'm betting that if you factor in insurrance and raises, your current job is more proffitable.

Fire
probably gregory but I could not continue to do a job I feel unhappy about, if I didnt have anyone to care for except myself

Corlindel
You hate it?!?!?!

CHAAAANGE!!!!

And dont be afraid of changes. And when you get sick of the new job CHANGE AGAIN!!!

I agree with yerssot! If you are doing something you hate your life will be a f*** soon, no mather how much you earn.

And take care with your back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.