Which game is better Madden or Blitz?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

speiderman
I think Madden.

greyboy
depends on if you want close to real...or not real at all....

i chose close to real...madden

DracotheDragon
Neither.

forumcrew
madden.. unless u dont like football at all then blitz

HockeyHorror
Madden, but im not much of a football fan.

Zephonim
Madden is maybe the best sports franchise out there. As much as I loved Blitz (the old ones, nothing after 2000) Madden just has far too much going for it.

FOOTBALL_MASTER
How can you like that game madden. It's all about Blitz baby! Can you smash innocent victims in Madden? NO! But you can in Blitz.
Hence... BLITZ IS THE BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER!!! Happy Dance

Arachnoidfreak
I love Blitz the most, but then again, i love all of Midway's ridiculous games(Blitz, Hoopz, that NHL game...and i think they bought NBA Jam! from Acclaim...or Acclaim bought it from them...i dunno)

FlappingMangera
I say madden, i like the strategy involved in football and the real game play. Blitz is fun sometimes, just not for me.

Linkalicious
I think midway's games are trash. They don't promote the sport, they promote gratuitous violence.

Madden is the video game franchise of all sports games. It has been proven, by game sales, to be the best game in the industry.

Arachnoidfreak
Sales prove its the most popular, not the best. That's based on opinion. I know Midway's games are trash, and promote gratuitous violence, that's why i love 'em smile

justinday15
Blitz doesnt even compare to madden. madden is the best sports game

Linkalicious
I would say that Fifa rivals Madden, not because of game sales, but because of game play. I'm not a soccer fan, and i really can't stand to watch the sport because they don't score enough....but the Fifa series of games is actually a very very excellent group of titles.

VENOMfanFAN
Madden is great, just to hear John say stuff. John is hilarious! laughing

But I have to admit I love Blitz. Just for, as Link so elegantly put, the gratuitous violence.

badsymbiote
Madden's games took a sh*t, and it was Blitz. Sorry, but it seems like calling and running a play is only arbitrary: it's just a precursor to a body slam or half nelson. Also, the playbooks are ridiculous. It's game I'd play with my 7-year old--except even he didn't like it, or any of the others of it's ilk. I wanted him to play it because I thought it would be a good way to start understanding football. You don't need a great understanding of the game to play, and the good graphics and testosterone powered primal screams provide entertainment.
I love Madden for the accurate individual team playbooks, ability to call audibles, though I don't often use them, all the wonderful pass routes, the defensive control and opportunities for turnovers via interceptions and fumbles. Then there's those familiar voices. Pat Summerall did at least a few of those Madden games, too, right? I remember that summerall also did the voicework on Star Wars Rogue Squadron game.

ABE LINCOLN
Blitz is mindless fun, and I know it's nothing like the real sport, so I just go with that cool

I've never been fond of sports games on consoles though

forumcrew
blitz is not a football game its a wrestling game where you happen to have a ball tossed around

Arachnoidfreak
Blitz is mindless bone-crushing action. I dont even know why they have a playbook. Blitz may be the worst interpretation of football ever. But i friggin love it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.