Quake 4 or Doom 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
Which would you prefer to be released out this year? In my personal opinion would be Quake 4.

goremaestro_666
ummm... Half-Life II???

DracotheDragon
DOOM 3!!!! ALL THE WAY!!!!evil face

BackFire
Doom 3.

ElectricBugaloo
Quake IV. brings back some good memories

Lord_Andres
Deffently Doom 3! Doom series is so much more intersting then the Quake series and more fun too, I remember that I was so exsided for the Quake 1 release, boy was I dissapointed, I had expected this rocker game with good 80's rock music (Iron Maiden style) and the coolest weapons, but no, instead I got these chiken weapons that totaly sucked and this crappy sound score, gets old pretty fast you know, but look at Doom, cool music ass kickin weapons and even cool monsters wat more do you want? the game is PERFECT, and Doom 3 will probobly be so too, after wat I've seen from trailers and screenshots, maybe it wont have the same style of music that the first once had, but it will defently have cool weapons(remember the BFG and shotgun?) and it'l scare you for sure. I'm just hopin it'l be out before the end of the year, can't wait anymore

jamman316
I think doom 3 rules! i siad that b/c of the graphics and style it will bring to the doom series

Darkseed
Doom 3, easily.

HockeyHorror
Doom 3. i remember the original Doom. crappy graphics but it was soo fun.

LeAtHerRFace
I agree, great memories in the past Quakes. Especially Quake 2.

LeAtHerRFace
I agree Quake series did bring back some great memories. Especially Quake 2.

QuAKeMaSTer
oh com'on you guys
quake is so much better than doom and i dont see why you guys dont get that.
you guys need to learn that quake is BETTER!
and also quake has so much better of a story line than doom
oh yeah doom doesn't even have one!!!!!! mad

QuAKeMaSTer
hey bugaloos right, quake brings back good memories, and the memories way better than doom or any other game ive played. quake 4 is gonna have the same graphics and an awesome storyline. the only doom that has a story line is gonna be doom 3, and thats a first for doom, good job doom

Samas-adian
Umm half life 2.

Doom 3 is going to rock also..but Quake. well it was a rip off of Doom.

LeAtHerRFace
wink I agree with you.

Samas-adian
Quake had a story line?

ElectricBugaloo
i just liked playing multiplayer on Quake

Samas-adian
i think in the end, Quake was only good for its multiplay and graphics

Fire
dunno never played DoomII the old one was good, but I have hilarious memories of Quake so

tough calll

Samas-adian
Well considering thier is no news at all and the screens are still in designing sttage, i would believe this would be coming out in 2 years or so.

And Id Software is not developing the game, i dont think it will beat Doom 3, and if it does, then its unfair due to increase of hardware available.

QuAKeMaSTer
yeah
it does have a story line
doom doesnt and also multiplayer is something doom doesnt have, or at least the ones ive played.

QuAKeMaSTer
antoher thing doom didnt have is individual missions.
i mean it gets old after a while doing the same thing over and over.
all you do is try to get to the end of the level.
no missions no nothin
i mean its fun for a while but it gets old.
i like doom(kinda) but doom 3 will be awsome, but, quake 4 will be better.
and quake has better enemies (more creative) and doom always had the simple cheesy sci-fi enemies.
sorry, sad but quake will always be better.

Samas-adian
"Quake's story revolves around the "slipgate," a device the US army has developed to instantaneously transport people anywhere. Of course, an evil fellow (from another dimension) who calls himself Quake (no, really?) gets hold of a slipgate and is sending his troops to wreak havoc on Earth. The US army launches "Operation Counterstrike," of which you are a part, to seek out Quake and annihilate him. You must hop into a slipgate and head for Quake's home world in a desperate attempt to save your planet. Of course, this is not as easy as it sounds since it entails slogging through thousands of Quake's minions."

This has been taking from a review at Game Revolution. Well, sure it had a story but umm its sounds alot like Doom's, ex. a marine is left on a moon by himself and bad guys coming through a portal that just opened.

And your wrong about the multiplayer. Doom was the first game to have first person shooter multiplayer combat.

QuAKeMaSTer
not the ones that i played
oh well thats beside the point quake is still better than doom
and,and F*CK! damn cats pissin on the back of my computer sh1t!

QuAKeMaSTer
and also
theres the missions that doom doesn't have
"Mission 1: get to the end of the level. Mission two get to the end of the level. blah blah blah blah blah. Mission 67843: get to the end of the level.
wow thats fun
hey look i beat the game.

QuAKeMaSTer
doom 3 will probably be better than that

Samas-adian
Wait.. what missions are you talking about???
As i remember, you just killed guys until the the end of the level.
What quakes are you talking about???

Quake just added a better MP and better graphics and physics. Gameplay wise, Quake was just like Doom.. And i enjoyed Doom weapons over Quakes.

QuAKeMaSTer
im talking about all of them (except 1 and 3) quake 2 did, like "destroy the communications center or disable sattilite control." im sorry i forgot that quake one didnt have any missions. (woopsy) sad

QuAKeMaSTer
and on doom (or the ones ive played) had a bad frame rate with the chain gun and plasma cannon or whatever

Lord_Andres
Quakemaster, Doom was the first game ever too have network multiplayer!

Samas-adian
The game is from 1993. What do you expect if your looking at it nowdays.

QuAKeMaSTer
they could have better frame rate still.Quake 4 will be better because of its enemies, weapons and missions. if you get on google and try to find some of the enemies of quake 4 you might think there better i dont know but the enemies of quake have always been better designed and and cooler looking. the weapons im not sure about but they will be better just as they always have.

Lord_Andres
There aint a monster in the whole quake series thats cooler the The CyberDemon, and the Hell knight in Doom, the monsters in quake look all wrong

QuAKeMaSTer
hey also ive heard you have land and air vehicles in quake 4 also

Mr.French
Well since i hated Quake 4 (1 was the best) I will go with Doom 3

QuAKeMaSTer
have you checked out the concept enemies
they look ten times better than the hell knight and the cyber demon.

QuAKeMaSTer
quake 4 isnt out yet stupid

Lord_Andres
Easy there Quakemaster, he probobly ment Quake3

sentinelrv
Half-Life 2 will be the best game of all time!!!

But this isn't about half-Life 2, so I would say Doom III, only because I can't compare the two games, because next to nothing is known about Quake IV, only it has a picture of a large mechanical beast, and it is using the Doom III engine. So I would just say Doom III for now.

Samas-adian
Half Life is going to rock.

Concept art is just art...doesnt mean that its going to be that.

Daedalus
Doom 3, the daddy returns.

Daedalus
Doom 3 will have multiplayer, the Xbox version will have co-op too. big grin

QuAKeMaSTer
quake 3 was awesome too, but, i can see why someone wouldnt like that game. it was still fun, though, making a game thats just about fragging the guy on the other team is fun. but i understand why he doesnt like it.
half life 2 will rock.

LeAtHerRFace
Um... so. Doesnt matter if it was 1st*. Quake is still bettah

chops
quake is awsome compared to the no mission doom and quake 4 looks incredible by that one screenshot

QuAKeMaSTer
man this is an old forum
but
for the record QUAKE 4 will rock
it will be better than doom 3. this game will rock because it will have vehicle, better weapons(like always), better enemies (again, like always)
and will have better graphics than halo 2.man thats a lot to think about. i know your minds arent up to reading all of this, but
you have to. by the way, multiplayer has always been better in quake than doom, beacause, better level design, and level things... cant think of the word right now but... you got to press levers and dump your opponent into a pool of lava, or crush them while go though the halls by pressing a button, doom never had anything like that, so there.

LeAtHerRFace
LoL there are more Quake fans now...

chops
quake is just so much better than doom and quake 4 will probably beat doom 3 even if its being develepd by id or not. just admit it quake is better

LeAtHerRFace
I agree...
But DOOM 3 will probably still be fun to play. Id is Id

chops
yeah guess so.

LeAtHerRFace
How long have u played quake?

And dude. Im sorry about ur best friend. That must be really sad. Sorry man.

Shadow_King
i say doom 3 will be better. And doom does have a storyline.

Shadow_King
it just was never mentioned in the games i think.

ragesRemorse
yeah Quake was almost game. Doom started it all and will master it all. Quake is what people who cant play real FPS play

Shadow_King
DOOM IS THE BEST GAME EVER.

Shadow_King
well thats my opinion

i didn't even know they were making a quake IV....but def Quake IV for me

LeAtHerRFace
Yes they are comming out with quake 4 next year

Shadow_King
what i didnt like about doom3 is that the creatures all brand new it aint like the originals i always went up against

Shadow_King
but doom3 is still gonna be good.

ArkaidR
You really should compare Doom and Quake they work together to take down the evil power (Halo).

Besides it's Doom 3 vs. Quake 4
theiris barely any info on Quake 4 so it is an unfair fight

LeAtHerRFace
Still... thats the most ppl are lookn forward to

ArkaidR
Still if know nothin of quake 4 hows it gonna get any popularity

LeAtHerRFace
Well... ppl know alot about the past quakes. so it already advertised half of its next quake game big grin.

andymesage
im guessing there is alot of hype over the games that will be soonest releised there for doom 3 "dm3" will be a huge seccess ahthough its not gona be much of a deal with quake once ut new engine games come out also hl 2 is good to detecated gamers but it took to long doom 3 did the same and its just lucky to be out first i reserved my copy and i think its gona be a smash

np:P

andymesage
doom 3 will have milti player 4 player maps small not to much "allthat"
with online but the expansions will be focused on alternite single and yes miltiplayer probly with new weapons soposably quake 4 will be all mitli player just like "ut" (unreal tornament) witch we have and dont need any more of besides hl 2 and doom 3 will compete for it there is another side to the fans with halflife and it will serously come down to them they will reliese close together hence forth ------I LIKE DOOM 3 stick out tongue

LeAtHerRFace
SpAm

flame_swarm

LeAtHerRFace
Halo sucks balls compared to the Id master FPS power houses. (quake series and doom series)

el_barto
I loved Quake 1, but I hated 4. So Doom 3

Waggy the Dog
doom 3

BackFire
Well, considering we don't know ANYTHING about Quake 3, and Doom 3 is merely days away from a release bigger then anything in recent PC gaming history, I have to see the logical answer would be Doom 3.

LeAtHerRFace
Iam assuming you meant Quake 4 stick out tongue .

Doom 3's gonna rock on my new comp!

dragonx
already playing Doom 3 and it rocks eek! doom 3 has been ahumm leaked last night wink cant wait 2 get my real copy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.