A question to the SW-experts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

speiderman
Obi Wan was instructed by Yoda just like any other youngling. When he became older, Qui Gonn took him under his wings.

The Ones
yes, if it wasnt for yoda, obi wouldnt know the ways of the force in episode 1

yerssot
darn, speiderman beat me to it, but I'll try and impress TO by talking some more big grin, and yeah, been asked before stick out tongue

You saw AOTC? There is this scene were OB1 goes visiting Yoda who's training the younglings. ("Younglings! Younglings! A visitor we have!" with them responding "Hello master Obi-Wan."wink. That is to clearly show that Yoda trains ALL the younglings BEFORE they become padawans. When they become padawans, they get a jedi master (master here is not a rank, mind you, it's master as in "he has an apprentice"wink. For OB1 this means that he as a youngling received training from Yoda (see the ESB quote you gave), BUT he also received instructing (not training, since the actually training is already finished when you get the rank of padawan) from Qui-Gon Jinn (see the entire movie TPM for that).

Rogue Jedi
well said.

The Omega
Cool - Thanks.
Even a logical explanation smile

The powers that be may close this if they like.

Ushgarak
Yup, that's the deal- GL put in the line 'But Master Yoda told me to be mindful of the future' to let the audience know that, yes, Obi-Wan was INDEED taught the basics of Jedi training by Yoda, the same basics he wanted taught to Luke- but his advanced training was under Qui-Gon.

Now closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.