Horses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PhantomQueen
i love horses if you want to discuss or give info we(other people) might not know or even give good jokes about them.....i know horses by their behavours around people and there herds

thank you

TheProgramSmith
horse

yerssot
kes has a tatoo of a horse, she still needs to post a pic of it

Kaleanae
I have some drawings of horses, I like their shape form.. It would be great to take an anatomy and physiology course in Horses, maybe if I go to Veterinary School

Darth Revan
Really? I wanna see!

Yeah horses are the shiz

Don't mean to brag or anything but I have a "way" with horses... Like there was this horse who would always throw his head up in the air if you tried to touch his ears. Well I was holding him for somebody who was giving him a bath, and after maybe ten or twenty minutes I could practically rub his ears...

PhantomQueen
any one else???? and that guy is mean on the horse......i hate the fact of that a

Kes
yes

That is how much I love horses!!!
big grin

Still have to take a pic messed

Kes
Do you have a favorite race?

tazman
horse joke?

horse walks into a bar, bartender says 'why the long face?'

confused

yerssot
Hot Shots big grin

tazman
Classic.... thumb up

Darth Revan
Don't watch racing.. I think it's cruel. It might not seem so bad just watching it but if you see the horses once they get retired... Ex-racehorses have a bad rep in the horse world for being slightly insane... Plus their joints sometimes break down because of all the stress on them (Thoroughbreds aren't exactly known for being well built, ya know) and they can go permanantly lame...

PurityKnight
^^ eek! ... laughing ^^

Kes
Sorry I meant breed. I also hated races and obstacle jumps, bull fights are even worst! mad

yerssot
Topper, my parents are dead, my dog ate them eek! wink

but to stay ontopic for breeds I love:

as absolute favorite...erm... I would go for ...hmm... azteca, full black

(doesn't mind I like others like Andalusian (style babe), Arabian (to fly without wings), (Belgian) Ardennes (home proud), Belgian (or as we say in dialect: t trekpeejd big grin, aka, an ex-prime minister), ...)

Neo_Version 7
Horses are awesome.
Horse movies though, are not.

Darth Revan
Oh I see what you meant... Race like race of human lol big grin

I like Morgans and Draft Crosses.

tazman
"Seems like everywhere i go someone always gets hurt" *skips rock on water and hits guy in canoe*

"I have my dad's eyes" *opens case with two eyeballs*

laughing laughing

sowwie, i'm offtopic

anyway, i've only been to one horse race in my life, i've seen the movie Seabiscuit. it seems like they put those horses through a lot.....is it really hard on them?

Darth Revan
Yes, it is very hard on them. For one thing, they break race horses when they're like a year and a half or two years old. This in itself is hard on a horse--think of it as forcing a toddler to learn how to work on a farm or something. Most of the damage is really mental, because by the time they retire they're usually no older than four or five years old. There's this stigma attached to horses "off the track", and for good reason because they are often scared of humans or other horses, they don't want to settle down and really work instead of just galloping... I could go on and on.

tazman
but that's so sad.....cry

stupid horse racing........ mad mad

PhantomQueen
not so in my oppion there is some who go for the money and then you got people who care but race the horse if they want to and they look forward to it but these people take alot of time for getting repect and the horse will do his/her best to make the ownner happy...look at mr. miller with big ben...thaat horse had heart but it was mr. miller who did alot of easy work to get him to work properly. and yet he (ben) hated when the horse taller left with out him. so not all people are nasty to there horses....i am a jumper and i would never hurt a horse no one does.

Kes
LOL a Dalmatian horse stick out tongue
Its an Appaloosa (not sure thats the correct name in English.

Kes
I hate any sport that involves animals. And excessive sport is VERY harmful!

yerssot
it is the correct name

Darth Revan
I'm also a jumper, but I still think racing is cruel... Horses aren't designed to do what racehorses have to do.

Kes--yeah, that's the correct name. I also like appys, they're cute little buggers happy

Myth
I've seen 2 horses do it before yes

Neo_Version 7
I love horse races. they're fun and if you pick the right horse, you get some money.

Kes
I've seen horses sustain fatal injuries from jumps. So no thank you.

BackFire
Horses kick ass, hell, it was a horse that put Superman in a wheel chair.

yerssot
I hope not for long anymore, guy is really working hard on it

Lan委Windu
Stem Cells are helping him too.

yerssot
haven't kept a close eye on him, just that I hope he'll get well

Lan委Windu
I think he will eventually at least come close to walking again...ut I don't think he'll ever be like he used to.

yerssot
no, something like that traumatises you of course

Lan委Windu
I would give up easily...that's just the way I am.

yerssot
he does have some great willpower!

Lan委Windu
What more can you expect fom Superman?

yerssot
a safer day?

Lan委Windu
True.

Kes
His limbs are totally atrophied by now. I doubt he'll ever be able to stand again. Maybe get a bit, a small bit, of mobility in is arms, thats it.

Lan委Windu
He already has some small movement in his arms.

Darth Revan
Kes, yeah, I know jumping can be pretty dangerous for a horse... Even more so than racing if done wrong...

As for the superman thing, it was his own fault, IMHO... He was stupid enough to be doing cross country jumping happy

Lan委Windu
The only time I've riden a real horse was when I was 3 years old and my mom was holding me.

All the other times it was this stupid fiberglass horse in front of the Supermarket. big grin

PhantomQueen
well you need to know all you can before you ever get on a horse ex. behavour nd get to know the horse personally and gain a trust bond from there. and i really could not care about superman.....cross country jumping needs more lessions then jumping it self and yes jumping is dangerous but its all the the trust of the horse and you!

Korri
i love horses there the greatest animals..i love horses theyre my friends.. sick

Darth Revan
well... this is just my opinion... but people who do cross country are a little touched in the head... Not only because of the sport, also because all the ones I've met seem like total idiots...

EquestrianChick
~omg i live for horses. i have a stallion named lettuce. don't ask bout the name.~

PhantomQueen
well do i look like an idiot to you?

yerssot
lets not get carried away now

silver_tears
I love riding love
But I dont jump fear

PhantomQueen
ok...but there are people out there how do and they love for horse for whatcan do but its all in the handling and trainning of one

Darth Revan
not necessarily, Phantom, but I watch these big cross country events and it scares the shit out of me... I was watching the Rolex a couple years ago... they freaking lope up to these huge jumps... and the riders have NO equitation... they sit on their horses backs as they go over the jumps, don't release at all, get left so bad they nearly fall off... I'm not saying you're an idiot, but almost every eventer I've seen has been a bad rider.

Actually if there is one equestrian sport that scares me, it is driving. I don't know why, but something about being way back behind the horse on this little cart scares the crap outta me.

Though whenever you're jumping anything, there's an element of risk. Me and the ol' horse took a little spill in the arena footing the other day... We were both alright thankfully... But it wasn't fun

Kes
Those races with jumps are awful. sad

eleveninches
Hey, I'm a horse laughing out loud

I'm a stallion big grinbig grin Happy Dance eek!

Kes
naughty

Darth Revan
Steeplechases? Or cross country? Well, whichever... they both scare me...

Kes
Ok, I dont know the name. But the one I'm talking about is a race, where they go around. But have obstacles messed
But yeh, they are all awful. I saw once in a sketch that had accidents, they show a cross country where the horse broke both legs in a jump. When he landed...I cringed when I saw that! I never cringe!

Darth Revan
Yeah I think it's a steeplechase you're talking about... I've never seen one myself but they look pretty dangerous...

Cross country can be pretty bad... My trainer said she was a jump judge at a cross country show once, and there was a horse that hadn't been ridden all winter and was really out of shape. His rider was overweight, and apparently you could hear the horse "panting" (don't know what else to call it) on course. Well, when they got to the end of the course, the horse was obviously not in very good shape, but the rider didn't do anything about it. People told her to walk him around, but she just ignored them. Well, 20 minutes later the horse died of a heart attack...

Kes
cry

Darth Revan
Yes I know... So sad the things people do to horses.... sad sad

PhantomQueen
i would never do that to a horse at all i will make sure i know the dressage part first then go to my sport jumping but to me as long as i have a horse i am soooooo happy if not i get very crancky. and yes when jumpers ride they have to stand in the sturups which yes alot don't cause i'll tell you. most ppl would rather jump the dressage part and start jumping but you need dressage before you start anything

Moo Cow
i love horses happy i like to ride them smile my dad is into horseracing, so i guess it kinda rubbed off

Moo Cow
i do steeplechase cry, well somehing very similar to it

ur all making me feel so bad

Moo Cow
yes, the breaking at an early age is pretty bad on they're spinal chord, and then when theyre older they develop sway back. erm

you can think of it as teacher a todler, bujt horses grow at an extremely faster pace than humans, so by age 3 they're about as mature as a 20 year old.

yes, this stigma is common in alot of racehorses once they retire, but they sometimes are used to teach other new horses, so they are still breaking out of the stating gate and running around the track. but, some retired race horses are often sucessfully trained to because show jumpers and dressage horses.

Darth Revan
Well... Some do, some don't.

Moo Cow
ya, the majority dont sad

Darth Revan
Indeed, it's a sad thing... Personally I really don't like thoroughbreds much at all... erm

Moo Cow
me neither, theyre kind of ugly horses, and they dont have the best of temperments, but they have long legs and theyre fast

PhantomQueen
i really don't care for much for thoughbreds i'm more for the performance of the horse then the fastness

Moo Cow
yes

botankus
I have a question here. I'm no farmer, cowboy, or horse lover, but I wondered why when Barbasol, or whatever its name was, broke its leg in 3 places at The Preakness, that they were going to euthanize him right then and there on the track. They ultimately changed their minds, but why is that the initial thought: That they give him the lethal injection right behind a green curtain in front of the fans?

grey fox
Originally posted by PhantomQueen
i love horses if you want to discuss or give info we(other people) might not know or even give good jokes about them.....i know horses by their behavours around people and there herds

thank you

They taste nice with garlic butter.

GCG
Originally posted by grey fox
They taste nice with garlic butter.

BBQed is even better.

debbiejo
Alpo.....dog food.........glue...........hey, haven't read the thread............lol

I love horses.........they are so intelligent.

Quarter Horses are very nice!!

Dr_Joshua_Keyes
I love horses..They are graceful when they run, so nice. I love all horse related movies too! ^^

Aziz!
Horses are such dumb animals.

blacklee
I love horses... They look so majestic and flawless. With beauty in every movement

debbiejo
Arabians are nice......... eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.