How are mutants created?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Humans are created in this time frame, but i believe Mutants are created in The Land Before Time. There they're powers are banished to this world where they are born like men and are intergrated to their birth right. What do you think?

eleveninches
I think they are created when Mrs mutant and Mr Mutant feel horny and go upstairs for some fun.

Devalion
Hey guys, whats the best site to go on to get profiles of all the X-men characters?

VallejoKid707
www.uncannyxmen.net

There just born and the parents dont have to be mutants.

Back2U
Mutants are born the same way as normal humans, some like Nightcrawler, Polaris, Blink, Wildchild, Leech, Artie and Beast are born with physical characteristics. But as a general rule mutants powers don't become active until they are going through puberty.
Thats the difference between passive and active mutation as they describe it in the comics.
Artie, Leech, Takeshi Matsuya, Rebecca Littlehale, Franklin Richards, and Nathan Summers defy this because they had active powers since they were pre-pubescent.
There is generally nothnig different about how they are born, as all humans are mutants.

Paola
who are "Takeshi Matsuya" and "Rebecca Littlehale"?!?!? cry

Back2U
Taki is a mate of Artie and Leech's, he has the abilty to manipulate materials and forge them into working circuitry(like Box2). He like Proffessor X is paralyzed from the waist down. He's also part owner of Mitzubishi stock shares apparently.

Rebecca appeared in PowerPack #37 her ability was to teleport fueled by fluerescent and ultraviolet light. She couldn't control it and just kept 'porting to the brightest energy source.

You Just reminded me though, Nicole and Claudette St Croix also have active powers and they are 8 years old.

I htink that Gailyn and Joey Bailey, and Leong and Nga Coy Mahn are still classified as latent mutants though, can anyone update this for me anyone who reads the New New mutants would probably have better idea about Karma's little brother and sister. I stopped reading comics about 5 issues into New X-men because it just became too implausable and Uncanny promised alot but didn't deliver.

Back2U
the easiest way for you to probably grasp it Maelstrom
read this:

www.talkorigins.org/faqs/darwinism.html

Aira
heh... actually I dont know ether... (just want to give my opinion..)

1-winged angel
arent they born with a gene they called the X Gene

Devalion
Cheer* big grin

Back2U
So are all humans apparently, Mutants X gene just becomes active at some point.

DemonicGambit-2
Well first the mommy and daddy fall in love then they show how much they love each other by....shifty laughing J/K ...well to a point..

Okay here let me try to explain this, back in the past the Celestials came to earth and manipulated the genes of humans, thus creating mutants. That's the simplest way I can tell this, hope that helps.

BarmyBrummie
'Actually, they found that males carry the x gene so its his fault' big grin ye gotta love pyro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.