Vader Breathing In Episode II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

schill142
I was watching Episode II on HBO a few days ago, and for the first time I thought I heard classic Vader breathing in one of the scenes. I don't know is this is old news or not, but I would like to know if anyone else noticed it as well.

amity75
What scene was it?

schill142
Check the scene in which Yoda is meditating and sensing Anakin is in "terrible pain". Yoda hears voices and just after "Anakin, No!" I thought I caught one cycle of Vader's breathing. If Yoda is able to sense things that have happened and are currently happing, is it possible he might have some premonition of things to come?

Rolda Hayes
You my friend are 100% absolutely, positively correct!

I cant believe after 100 times of seeing the film I still missed it!
Thank you!!

Rolda

yerssot
I actually have that sequence on my PC... uploaded....

it could be with good will the exhalation (sp) of Vader, but not an entire breething

The Ones
the "anakin, no" is actualy qui gons voice

yerssot
yup, though the "no" part was not Liam who said it

JKozzy
I was going to make a thread on this the other day, I saw it on HBO too, and noticed an exhaling as Yoda was meditating. But clouded the future is.

madsci
i just watched it, and there is a definite difference between the two voices. the one saying "anakin" is qui gon, but the one saying "no" is someone else. also, there is the vader heavy breathing as the word "no" is uttered. the statement that yoda makes is, "pain...suffering...death" (or something to that effect). then he states that anakin is in terrible pain. is it possible that he is seeing into the future when anakin becomes vader? could it be that yoda is speaking of two separate events, not just shmi's death, but possibly padme's? or even anakin's death of his former self? is that why qui gon is speaking, because of this future event? is it actually vader speaking while he is physically becoming vader? (grasping for straws, maybe) watching that scene in this light is perplexing. i'm hoping that lucas wrote it that way. if not, we may be putting too much into this.

as you can tell, i'm impaitiently waiting for episode III

madsci

speiderman
Not sure what this scene is. I mean I just thought Yoda was visualizing Ani's pain from his mom dying.

madsci
it's the same scene, i just wanted to put down in writing the thoughts/questions that were in my head. like i said, i may be putting too much into it though.

madsci

schill142
Yoda couldn't specifically know to visualize Anakin's mother death. Yoda simply "opened" himself and meditated on the force and Anakin. What came through seemed like dark events.

Darth_Duffy
yerssot, which player do i need to listen to that clip? ive tried windows media, real player and divx, no luck

yerssot
unzip it first than take any player that supports mp3

Oswald Kenobi
OK, I'm stretching here, but could the "no" be Anakin's alleged scream when her hears Padme is dead? Just a thought.

Dirty Vader
The nooooo part sounds like yoda saying it...didnt find this a mystery

LordRevan
I saw the same on HBO but couldn't post it because the Internet was out for 5 days if it wasn't i would of posted it the same way but thanks fore the thread i had a felling some one here heard it also. Happy Dance

Darth Jello
the "no" is hayden

one other thing, watch chapter 19 of clone wars and listen to the water dripping inside the massassi temple. same tone as vader's breathing.

yerssot
if I'm not mistaken, the "no" is from QGJ, but have to check the book

§pearhead
I'm pretty sure who says the Qui Gon part isn't the point here.

There is defintely Vader breathing there. Thanks for sharing that big grin

schill142
you're welcome

finti
there are some sounds that can be Vader breathing, hard to be certain but it might be

Rolda Hayes
I think the "Anakin" Shout is sampled from EP1 when Liam shouts "anakin, Drop!" when Darth Mauls is coming up behind him. I thought the "No!" was just a soundalike actor they got to make the sentance complete with out having to pay liam anymore money!!

Darth Ravenous
What if qui gon is in ep3 as a ghost like obi won, to try to talk to anakin

§pearhead
What does that have to do with anything here?

Darth Ravenous
they were talking about who yells "anakin"
i dunno

ajrocksteady
I read once on the force dot net that the no scream is from a genious tusken raider who had mastered the english language. I think that is taken from the novelization. thats how it reads in the book.

yerssot
he won't, in ESB Vader is unaware of people being able to become ghosts

§pearhead
messed is that a joke? that's ridiculous.

ajrocksteady
Spearhead. Its not a joke.

yerssot
a tusken? mastering basic?

than I rather believe it was Aayla Secura who happened to pass there and saw it

ajrocksteady
No idea yerssot, but this was MONTHS ago when i read that, because I heard the breathing the first time i saw the movie and always wondered who said NOOOO because it clearly isn't Qui gon. Then a thread was started about it and someone posted that it was a genious tusken and they got that info from the novel

yerssot
and I forgot to look in the novel roll eyes (sarcastic)

oh well

Dirty Vader
Theforce.net is good in some parts but toatly sucks in others. I think they say that the executor was 12 or 17 km long in their techincal directories and they say a lot of other crap. Anything unverified they say is pure fiction, dont believe it.

The noo isnt QGJ, sounds more like yoda like I said but why would yoda hear his own voice. I use to think he was urging anakin to stop his anger using the force but its now clearly part of the vision so I dont know. Who else could it be? Anakin? hmmm no doesent sound like him.

So for me the voice sounds like yodas but him saying it is unlikely. Sooo, who says nooooo? Well there's Obi Wan in TPM after Maul stabs QGJ, there's Luke after Vader slashes Obi Wan in ANH and there's Palpy thrown by vader.
As for what books say its not forcibly the truth even the Ep II book. If it was, we'd still believing that Obi Wan was Uncle Owen's brother wouldn't we?

Dirty Vader
but after hearing this again, and damn it spooks me out. I came to this: _Firsty you here Palpy's cry as he drops when vader throws him off(ROTJ)
_Then the Anakin! Anakin! QGJ from the Anakin! Drop! (TPM)
_Tusken Raider groans right after. The ones that run towards Anakin after he slaughtered the two sitting by the door to that hutt (AOTC)
_Then the that Noooooo. Sounds like Yoda to me for sure so I say (EpIII)
_And finaly Vader's breathing. Where from? (either any of the OT films or Ep III)

Sith Master X
Yes, looks like they took their own sounds and reused them. They did a decent job though. The NOOO part is pretty strange though. The Tusken raider thing is wierd and I hadn't herad about that. Hmmm, interesting.

SMX
cool

SHADOW BASHER
IT was conformed but Lucas that there will be a second story in episode 1 and 2 but you wont relize it untill you watched episode 3, I bet it has something to do with the jedi spirts and how qui gon always trusted the moment and the living force and not to much on the future,
thats how he was able to come back as a ghost, Because his mind was on the moment (meditating between the shilds at the end of TPM)
and like obi wans in ANH, he just stood there and concentrated on the moment then vanished and same with yoda,
he layed there at peace in the moment. SO OVERALL if you concentrate on the living force at present you will become one with it when you die. FIN

yerssot
so... what has that to do with the topic?

Lyn
It took me a few watches to hear that it was Qui-Gon yelling out to Anakin but I was unsure of the Nooo...!!. I did believe for a while that it was a Tusken or something...similar to what ajrocksteady said. That was, of course, until everyone said that was ridiculous.

Btw, your ideas on this are really, really interesting schill142.

Sith Master X
That makes sense. It did appear that Obi-Wan was concentrating before Vader struck him down. Looks like Episode 3 will answer the question though so I still can't believe anything until I officially see the movie, but it does make sense in my opinion. smile

SMX
cool

indyjones16
I know that the "Anakin!" is Qui Gon's voice but it sounds to me like the "nooo" is Obi Wan from Episode I when he watched Maul stab Qui Gon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.