Episode 3 duel news

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gambit420
On Hyperspace it's now been confirmed that the Anakin vs. Obi Wan duel will be blue against blue lightsabers. Sorry for all you fanboys who dreamed of seeing Anakin yield a red lightsaber. Never before in Star Wars has there been a same color lightsaber fight. Blue vs Blue would look great, but it won't have the intense good versus evil theme as a Red vs Blue duel. miffed

The Ones
ill just color it when it comes out on dvd

JKozzy
It may even be more intense; as Anakin is betraying the Jedi and his own kind, using a lightsaber against them that they had given him, they trained him to be what he is, and now he's rejecting it all, I think it's fine.

Have fun... no expression

gambit420
A cool idea would be to have Anakin start off the duel with a blue lightsaber. Then at some point yield both his red and blue sabers, soonafter abandoning the blue jedi one and soley using the red. This would show his embrace of evil and switch to the darkside. I should forward this idea to Supershadow big grin

JKozzy
Not bad gambit big grin

gambit420

gambit420
Crap, ignore the above post..... wrong forum stick out tongue

JKozzy
laughing out loud Niiice roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sith Master X
I love the idea of Blue Vs. Blue because never have we seen a good saber vs. good saber. Well basically I mean no bad guy has ever used a blue light saber in the Star Wars movies. I think the appropirate time for Anakin to get his red saber is when he becomes Darth Vader.

SMX
cool

sith_darth_jay
cool!!!

i hated the way they change lightsabers in EP II, so that they won't use the same color at the same time

they both have blue lightsabers

Julie
blue on blue...where's the fun in that??????

Darth Jello
what to do if your disapointed (Lynn this includes you):
1. take a seat in the movie theater
2. roll your eyes up in your head while keeping them open till you can no longer see (to the outside world you will appear to be a pupilless psycho)
3. hold this position for 3 minutes
4. release. everything you see will now have a pinkish hue for at least 10 minutes, enough time to see anakin duel with a red saber!!!!

aren't yuo proud?

yerssot
I'm more worried than proud now messed

sauron
alarmed would be the word

Anakin2Vader
Where in Hyperspace does it say this?

gambit420
On Ghent's hyperspace chat thursday night ninja

Anakin2Vader
In the Making of Web Doc - "this weapon is your life" it shows a case that holds a bunch of lightsabers including Obi Wan Ep 3, Anakin Ep 3/Luke Ep4, Mace, Dooku, Sidious new saber AND the Ep 4 Vader saber
This made me think he would have this at the time of the fight with obi wan and would loose the blue one to ben at some time... but i guess this closes that thought.... then when will the Vader saber be used?

gambit420
With our luck, we'll only see it on Vader's belt at the very end no

Anakin2Vader
yeah gambit ... I think you hit it right on the head...my thoughts exactly
At least we will see Sidious in action

Lyn
laughing I love how you made a special mention of me there...!! laughing

Darth Jello
i only hope the muscles that fine tune the position of your optic orbs are as flexible as mine.

dwarfvader
anakin wil fight with 2 sabers red&bleu smokin' in the end of the fight /obi tekes the bleu one with him
and gif it to luke in EPIV

dwarfvader
bogushttp://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2449/animatic3.gif
starwars

dwarfvader
tomcat

Red Superfly
Blue on blue is AWESOME!

That's how I always imagined that fight to be! Two Jedi's dueling with blue sabers over a red backdrop. The contrast works perfectly!

Blue lightsabers are the best anyway - this is gonna be the best fight EVER!

Shut up all those that dissed that idea. We've seen red vs blue in everything else.

Thank God there's no green lightsabers. I hated seeing Anakin wield a green saber in AOTC - he's BLUE dammit!

Corsie
Blue on blue will look really cool. I can`t wait!!

Darth Jello
the only problem is that a single color may look confusing if they are fighting very fast.

DARK ASSASSIN
i think that they chose red because the color would blen in with th red lava in the background

Corsie
Is Anakin going to have 2 lightsabers when he fights Obi-Wan, or is he going to start with 1 and later in the battle use 2 lightsabers?

SlickRick69
Luke and Leia are not really twins, Luke was born a year earlier, and is really Obi Wan's son, and Leia was born a year after, and is really Yoda's daughter (oh come on, she wears her hair in Cinabuns over her ears in ep 4 for a REASON-- she has her father's (YODA'S) ears!!!!)...
This is another reason why a) Anakin kills Padme, the Jedi whore, and b) Anakin turns against the Jedi...

and, most importantly for this thread, it explains that the blue light saber that Obi Wan gives to Luke in Ep 4 ('your father's light saber') is really Obi Wan's spare light saber!! big grin

whole new twists for the final installment of the saga, no??

gambit420
I think you've been reading too much Supershadow roll eyes (sarcastic)

Holsten
Blue V Blue sucks.....

Corsie
Would someone please answer my question?

Holsten
Dunno the answer but from some new spoiler reports he will only use his blue jedi saber

Sith Master X
I'm looking forward to a blue on blue saber fight, that's certainly something we've never seen before. It's like good vs. good only it isn't. Should be interesting to see.

SMX
cool

darktim1
man I hope they give it some life all I know going to be longest fight scene in history

Darth Venom
thanksss all of you dudes and dudets but really there is really no reason 2 thank me i am glad i can help you all out as a SW fan it is my duty 2 share everything with you what i can get my hands on ,just keep spreading the stuff i release anywhere you can ,SW fans should always stick 2gether and i am glad 2 see that there are still real SW fans who dont stab eachother in the back ,you are all the saviors of the SW legacy

dragonx
(post removed)

Totally_Fatfree
i've just watched the lathman films ( somethin like that) trailer that was recomended in anither thread and briefly that shows anakin wielding a red saber in the fight with obi. is this any help?

Sith Master X
What did the blade of the Saber look like? Was it a finished result of ILM, or was it just them fighting in front of a blue screen. They use certain colors in front the blue screens to contrast better when they edit the film, which has nothing to do with the final color that shows up on the movie. But again, if you can specify what you are refering to, an actuall finished scene of Episode 3, or just some footage of them fighting, then the story could alter.

SMX
cool

Anakin2Vader
The lightsaber colors in the fan made trailer were added by the creator of the trailer and not by LucasArt or whoever

Sith Master X
Ok that's right. Now I know what he was referring to. I saw the trailer as well and yes, it was all done by the creator of it, not LucasFilm.

SMX
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.