Best Star Wars death scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
What are your favorite death scenes from the movies or EU???

Chewbacca's death was unbelievable. The planet exploding, Han reaching out to him from the Falcon's ramp, and Chewie just letting out a defiant roar as the flames engulf him. He deserved to go out in a blaze of glory and he literally did.

That has been the only scene in the SW universe to bring tears to my eyes.

As for worst death scene, it would have to be that Ewok in RotJ. C'mon, we're supposed to feel sorry for ONE friggin Ewok after they just kicked the crap out of a squad of stormtroopers? No pity here, I'll tell you what. That forest shouldve been littered with furry carcasses after that fight. I don't hate Ewoks, it just makes more sense.

§pearhead
I cried when Ton Phanan died in iron fist embarrasment sad he had been my favorite character (still is)

Morridini
Just an out of topic question: In which book does Chewbacca die? I have only read 15 SW books (including the original trilogy) and would like to read the one about his death. So which is it?

Julie
Star Wars New Jedi Order: Vector Prime
and I haven't read Iron fist yet....I will someday thouugh...I have it

Creechuur
I'm not positive (its been awhile) but I think it was one of Zahn's latest, Spectre of the Past or something of the Future.

Bad memory, sorry.

QX100
In Movies, it has to be Qui Gon Jinn

Morridini
Well Creechuur, I have read all the Zahn books (or so I think, I have read 5 Zahn books.) and Chewbacca didn't die in any of them.

Dirty Vader
Vader's death

Creechuur
OK, its probably one of the newer ones.

tk-622
the emperors death

wuTa
i agree with diry vader...i wanted luke to save vader from dying

Bagels
The hardest one for me has got to be Anakin Solo's death. Then there was the death of Borsk Fey'lya, and I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. wink

Creechuur
Bagels, those are two I'm not familiar with. I know Han and Leia's son, but remind me who Borsk is? And how did they both die?

Bagels
Borsk Fey'lya was the Chief of State of the New Republic in the NJO. Before the NJO, his character was already well established as one of the most disliked Bothans, but he has very high polotical positions. He died in the NJO same book that Anakin did, Star by Star.

Creechuur
Oh yeahhh, I remember that a$$hole Fey'lya. He was really well written, because I hated his guts. I knew there was a reason that name made me cringe, I just couldn't put a face to it, thanks. Still can't remember how Anakin Solo died though.

I just read a story in the Star Wars Tales comic about Vader taking out the Dark Lady. That was a good death scene, I stared at that page for a long time. Stepping on the flower as he walks away made it even worse, showed just how far Vader had fallen.

In§anE
I agree Anakin Solo..I always thought he would appear again somewhere

jango fatt
From the movies Darth.But from eu Boba because u dont know how he died.

Emmy Skywalker
You guys don't know me but i'm reading Star By Star right now and I am so upset that they killed Anakin. I felt he was a younger Luke in a way.He was my favorite of all the children. First Chewie and now Anakin, who's next? Luke Skywalker himself? Maybe I'm taking this too hard, but I really thought that the force would save him or his sibblings or maybe even Lukeor Mara.

ArthasKnight
I liked Obi-Wan's death in ANH, 'cause Luke almost died. big grin

SnakeEyes
My favorite was Darth Vader's in ROTJ...

DCLXVI
Uh....."Jodo Kast" is banned now, but still: Boba hasn't died yet. wink
Luke isn't killed off either. yes

Favourite Death Scene> Chewie, because I cried like a little baby.....no
Least-Favourite Death Scene> Boba Fett in RotJ. That was just crud.

Bardock42
Well, of course Obi-Wans death was great, then Master Fays, then Jon Antilles, was pretty decent, he'S one of the coolest Jedi too, and last but not least An'ya Kuro's death in the fight against Darth Vader.

Bardock42
Oh yeah Chewie made me really sad too.

Darth_Nefarus
I think Obi-Wan wins here. Remember back when you all first saw that happen. You were like, "NO Obi-what the hell?"
But then again, when clone trooper 81765 got blasted by Han...
it still makes me cry.

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I liked Obi-Wan's death in ANH, 'cause Luke almost died. big grin
lol

my favorite one was quigons i like the manevaur maul used on him to take his ass out

eleveninches
Star Wars movie sextet:
1.Obi-Wan
2.Vader/Palpy
3.Dooku
4.Qui-Gon/Maul
5.Padme
6.Windu
7.Grevious
8.Shimi
9.Jabba
10.Beru/Owen
11.Jango

EU:
1.Ulic Qul Droma !!!!!
2.Jacen Solo
3.Chewbacca
4.anakin solo
5.Marka Ragnos
6.Cay Qul Droma
7.Freedon Nadd
8.Palpy Clones/Final palpy clone
9.Aasjj Ventris

Bardock42
You like Ulic Qel Dormas Death?....What the f**k?

jackstain
best.....palpatine
worst.....Darth Maul
funniest....ONE ewok
saddest.....darth vader
favorite.....qui gon
most badass.....jango

GarryChao
When Anakins mom dies in Episode 2. That was the worst bit of acting I've ever seen. Her head just adruptly drops. The whole theater cracked up.

jackstain
thats funny, cuz i bet all the people who you have seen die, you know, close their eyes, and lower their heads back slowly. erm

eleveninches
Originally posted by Bardock42
You like Ulic Qel Dormas Death?....What the f**k? It was a classic. It was just such a shame it was done so cheaply.

Fishy
If you count games, then Mission Vao's death was the best, god i loved to do that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.