ROTLD 4 and 5 synopsis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
ROTLD 4: NECROPOLIS: A group of teenagers unleash the dead to save thier friend from an evil corporation.

ROTLD 5: RAVE FROM THE GRAVE: A group of teenagers descover that by taking Trioxin in very small doses gives you a "life after death experience". Well we all know what will happen here, they will end up taking to much and turning into zombies.

These movies seem pretty good but rumors say that it might just be a straight-to-video thing instead of going to theaters.

BackFire
I heard they were both cancelled.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Well you heard wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

They start filming in Romania in June.

Evil Dead
I too have heard that both projects were scrapped.........can you give us a source Freddy vs Jason? I'm not doubting you.......I just want to make sure this information is recent and not something from 6 months ago when the projects were still on. Just don't want to get my hopes up again ....I'm sure you understand.

and.......yes.......probably would be straight to video.

Cinemaddiction
In related new, ROTLD 2 DVD will be out by Halloween.

HockeyHorror
Cine- thanks for info. i will be getting that.

i thougt they canceled it. F vs J can u get more info on this.

darkesthorror
Brand New News at bloody-disgusting.com

'Return of the Living Dead 4 & 5' Rearing to Go?

After the announcement of Day of the Dead: Contagium, and other zombie movies that are already moving ahead like Diamond Dead and Resident Evil: Apocalypse, who knew there would be more? We all did! Inside is the latest on Return of the Living Dead 4 & 5 (I think that's what they MEANT), which was rumored to be happening months ago.

Let the confusion begin! The zombie flicks are flowing in like a real life heard of zombies- Empire Online has the details on most of them and I think they meant RETURN of the Living Dead...

"Empire learnt of plans to make sequels to George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead - but the zombie-meister himself isn't on board...

It's likely to be announced at this year's Cannes Film Festival that preparations are being made to make Night of the Living Dead 4 and 5, with Eight Legged Freaks helmer, Ellory Elkayem at the helm. The films will be shot back-to-back in Romania, with production possibly starting later this year.

Now this is one hell of a tangled situation, so pay attention. The rights to Romero's original Dead trilogy - Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead - are tied up with different production companies (and not the maestro himself), allowing for the situation where these sequels can be positioned as 'official' sequels to the original Night (which was itself remade in 1990).

Meanwhile, rumour has it that original Day producer Richard Rubinstein has plans for a remake of the classic underground bunker flick, plus reports have filtered through from the States that Taurus Entertainment, which holds the Day rights, has already filmed a quickfire sequel, Day of the Dead: Contagium, directed by Taurus president and CEO Jim Dudelson and vice president of production Ana Clavell

Confused? You will be. And we haven't even mentioned that Romero himself is working on a fourth instalment of his Dead series, entitled Dead Reckoning. Which isn't Diamond Dead, the zombie rock musical project co-produced by the Scott brothers..."

Source: Empire Online, tobe_romero

Evil Dead
but what about the Return of the Living Dead series? Surely Freddy vs. Jason knows the difference in the ROTLD series and Romero's Dead Trilogy.

Info Freddy vs Jason..........give.

Great news C-dic.........I shall be owning it as soon as it drops.

darkesthorror
Well, we have the 3rd sequel to the Dead trilogy officailly given the green light; Dead Reckoning...

slayer
I also heard they were scrapped. when i went on imdb there was nothing there but they don't find out about it until just b4 the film begins production.

darkesthorror
The news is brand new from a day or two ago, visit bloody-disgusting.com...

Freddy_vs_Jason
I read that all of Romero's Dead Triligy was being re-made, including Night of the living Dead which was re-made in 1990.

deathbycorn
So did anyone watch these?

I'm about to watch Rave To The Grave, not expecting much smile

BackFire
They were both terrible.

Wolfie
I saw ROTLD 4. It started off terrible but it picked up well. It went against quite a few things that made the ROTLD series unique. I was able to forgive it after a while.

And I wasn't aware that ROTLD 5 was available....

Espantada23
Raveto the Grave?....Wasn't that on the Sci -Fi channel a couple times?

Wolfie
Could be the reason why I'm the only one that never saw it. I don't watch the Sci-Fi Channel. I was waiting for a DVD.

deathbycorn
I watched Rave To The Grave and being a ex raver it had a certain charm to it. But not enough for me. I mean the only way people where killed was by the zombies biting them on the back of the head and pulling brains out with their teeth, but every single person died the same way... it just got boring.

But there was something about it that had me watching the whole thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.