Friday the 13th Discussion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PissedOffGoalie
In F13 12 is Jason gonna be regular Jason or UberJason? Which Jason do you wanna see?

Freddy_vs_Jason
he'll be regular jason,. and i would prefer him to be regular, uber jason is too corny, it sucks being set in the future

Cinemaddiction
It would be Friday the 13th Part 11. The "X" in Jason X is for the Roman Numeral 10. "Freddy vs Jason" doesn't count, and I don't believe there will be anymore seperate "Fridays", as "F vs J" Part 2 will put the franchises down for good.

All that said, I couldn't care less which one shows up. They're both boring.

HockeyHorror
the franchise wasw ruined after part 4 but who cares let them keep makin the movies. just gonna ruin the franchise even more...

as for either uber jason or regular i would say uber.
because the franchise is messed up so it wouldn['t matter if they had which ever jason.

PissedOffGoalie
i like reg Jason better although I like the Space Jason's mask

shaber
Uber Jason!

botankus
Back to Crystal Lake, IMO.

PissedOffGoalie
i just got the UberJason action figure it looks cool rolling on floor laughing

Freddy_vs_Jason
you did? kool, can you post a pic of it on here?

chilled monkey
I would have to say regular Jason. The future setting (and thus Uber-Jason) were okay for one film, but anymore would be pushing it.

What would you like the plot for the next film to be?

Jason_Krueger
I wanna see Reg Jason

samhain
They would have to get back to not only the old Jason but the old way that they made the films. Gangs of hot women getting stoned in a cabin, and lets face it...a bit of female nipple never did a horror movie any wrong.

PissedOffGoalie
Jason movies have lots of naked women

Cinemaddiction
..only to make up for the lack of creativity and unoriginality. It has to go for some redeeming quality, right?

chilled monkey
Personally, I dislike nudity in movies. I don't mind if it helps further the story (like in 'Bound' when Corky and Violet make love, that was nice), but I can't stand gratuitous nudity. (There's a scene in 'Josie and the Pussycats' when Melody is showering, but I don't mind that as you don't see anything you shouldn't).

If they do make another film, I think it should have something more original. How's this:

Jason is somehow at Crystal Lake (not sure how it fits with Jason X). He sees a counseller helping a bullied kid, possibly with a similar deformity that Jason had as a boy. This makes him spare his intended victim, as he wonders if perhaps not everyone deserves punishment; that there are good people too. This would provide him with some complexity.

slayer
a storyline like that would surely get the series back on track.

dannyh321
Jason X kind of ruined the franchise. Think about it, after 2008 there can be no more Jason, as he's frozen!

One set in the future is ok, but anymore than that will be stupid, but it appears thats what they're doing with Pt 11.

Zilverz
Can they not backtrack before he is at the Maximum security faciluty ?

Machete_guy
Where did it say that there was gonna be another friday the 13th?

dannyh321
In a somewhat questionable official announcement.

Zilverz yes you're right - I still don't like the idea that we all know Jasons ultimate fate before the franchise is over.

dannyh321
Who else thought it totally ruined Jason when at the end when he got the toxic waste thrown on him he took off his mask (never agreed with that but it happens in every movie so I'm kinda used to it) and screams out like a pussy?

Jason doesn't scream - and if he does he wouldn't sound like that.

That scene ruined one of the better F13th films in my opinion

BackFire
This is my favorite Friday the 13th film, I think all the others are hella boring. This one has some hilarious scenes.

tabby999
i dunno, number three was hell funny too, and he gets his mask, AND he takes it off and shows you his face. pity its not in anyof the video shops in my town

Zilverz
i havent seen this movie in forever ... i need to buy a complete set

DeNiro
Ive been wondering do they sell the friday the 13th series on dvd like they did with the freddy series?

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yes they do, I have part 7 and part 8 on DVD, one video shop in my town has ALL the friday the 13th movies. and one other has all the freddy sries apart from 2 and 3, but i've bought 2 and 3 on DVD. Friday the 13ths aiern't in a boxed set.

dannyh321
Yes individually, I've heard theres a 1-7 box set on its way.

Striel
I like this one better than some of the previous ones.

SlipknoT
I heard its a 1-8 box set. I have parts 1,3,6,9. I only bought 9 because it was $6

Tex
I catched like the last 10 minutes of it on Telemundo, I didn't know what the hell I was watching cause it was all in Spanish, but the sewer and the toxic waste was hella lame, and then he turned into a kid?

Oh pahlease!

And then some dog comes on at the end!

tabby999
but in Freddy Vs, Jason he turns into a baby again, but then again, only in the dream world

Freddy_vs_Jason
Kane Hodder told the producer of part 8 that he didnt like the idea of Jason becoming a kid again and wanted something different, but the producers wouldn't do it.

slayer
I liked it. Not The Best in the series but it was still very good.

Gabri_Krueger
its...ok

chilled monkey
What was he doing in Manhatten? How and why did he go there?

botankus
He boarded a cruise ship filled with dumb teenagers for the first hour. After he killed them and they reached Manhattan, he spent the last 30 minutes there.

zombieman
What do you all make of the end when you see the child Jason in the water?? I think the director was trying to make the point the the heroin no longer feared Jason by the end of the movie and saw him as a helpless child.

LeatherLep43
ugh. the jason series are soooo BORING! I hate the whole "in the woods" scenes. Why can't they place him somehwere else? WILL THERE EVER BE A RE-MAKE. Hope not. there is nothing to re-make. its all the same crud. i'm not dissin u jason supporters out there either.

leatherface12
I half agree with lep there. Jason needs to find more ways of killing someone besides the old run through the woods and trip over a branch and then get stuck with the machette scene.

chilled monkey
botankus: Thanks very much.

PissedOffGoalie
i thought that scene was funny actualy...Jason has had all sorts of injuries and never made a sound but this time he cried like a 10-yr old girl

tabby999
i prefer the term " like a b*tch with a scun knee" myself.
yeah when the teens in the boat go over him the anchor drags over him and wakes him up yeah? since when did crystal lake open out to a water way to Manhatten?

botankus
UR welcome, chilled_monkey. Trust me, that analysis of the movie about sums it up.

Cinemaddiction
You know, if it were I dunno, say, "The Love Boat", I know a certain Cap'n that wouldn't put up with that shit.

Sounds like the premise for a really good movie!!!!

http://www.corsicas.com/corys/loveboat.jpg

samhain
Nice pic. I agree with Zombieman, I too thought that the image of a child Jason was to reflect that the heroine was no longer afraid of him...but it was also a very crap ending.

slayer
I can't remember the nding very well. Wasn't it Jason cornered them in a Bar or sumthin'?

Freddy_vs_Jason
Weird.......I don't remember posting this......oh well.

I just bought the first Friday the 13th on DVD from a video store. I'm looking for Jason goes to Hell. And I also want to by the NOES boxed set but I already own Freddy's revenge and Dream Warriors on DVD so it would be a waste of money........

tabby999
he ends up in a sewer dont he? thanks to shit video shops, i havn't got to see any of the truly good friday movies

darkesthorror
From every bit of information I could find on-line about Friday the 13th Part11(which is what it's unofficially been titled) is that they are going back to the basics, back to Camp Crystal Lake, back to the same feel that part 4 through 8 gave us. Forget Jason X, Jason goes to Hell, and Freddy vs Jason as I'm almost positive that the next solo Jason movie will be a prequel to all of them. It's just been referred to as part 11 for the basic fact of people understanding what they(websites) are talking about. Also, I've read a small update on the process of the film; supposedly their scouting locations for the lake.

HockeyFace
Erase jason X from history, just like Halloween H20 did.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I hope they'll be A Nightmare on Elm Street 8, and I'm not talking about Elm Street: the first murders.

PissedOffGoalie
Jason X was GREAT!! It's so funny!!! I mean the ice-face kill alone was worth my $8 seeing it at theaters

darkesthorror
Freddy_vs_Jason; You would like to see a Nightmare prequel though, wouldn't you? I think it would be a brilliant film, brilliant enough to bring Wes Craven back to direct and to let Robert England shine with out the make-up. People might take the character(Freddy Krueger) more seriously apart from the rest of the films where they just talk about him being a child murderer and molester. And of course the climatic ending would be when he was torched in his shop/shed and dream demons come to make an offer and maybe get a little deeper into that. Of course there would be the part where he goes to court and is released on a technicality slip up incorporated into the film, although that might be a little humorous unless that scene was shot well...

zombieman
Someone on said that they may make 13 jason movies, this i wouldn't mind because I do really enjoy them. Admittedly some of them are awful movies but i still find them entertaining, never fail to provide tons of killings and female nudity which is rarely a bad thing.

Get Sean Cunningham to have another shot at making a Friday the 13th movie, may be what the franchise needs to get it back on track.

Cinemaddiction
You got jipped, lol.

The liquid nitrogen death was the only redeeming quality of that movie. Bling Bling Jason is a skid mark in the Horror industries worn out boxers.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yes I would like to see an Elm Street prequel, of course I would but I hope they'll make a Nightmare 8 which is set after FvJ and leads to FvJ 2. In the Elm Street prequel I would like it to be an hour and a half of Freddy killing the children and stuff, and then torched, then an hour of him continuing some kills as "Dream Freddy" with ome main characters and then he moves onto Nancy and her friends.

darkesthorror
I don't know, although I do like Sean S. Cunningham, he was quoted during the filming of Jason X that he wanted to get rid of the hockey mask, he didn't like it, it wasn't his idea or creation(I'm assuming the writers or the production of Friday the 13th part3 had come up with that idea) I remember reading somewhere that it was just one of the marketing schemes because at that point they'd planned on making a sequel, so they wanted to give Jason a trademark. Anyways the point is, I know how much we all love the mask so that piece of information is disturbing. By the way I hate Paramount and love New Line.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Get rid of the hockey mask!!!!!!!!!? that crazy son-of-a!! the hockey mask is Jasons one and only trademark, as well as his machete........but I love his hockey mask!

zombieman
Get rid of it, i reckon Cunningham knows best. We've got 9 movies with the hockey mask, im willing to approach one without the mask with an open mind.

Cinemaddiction
7 1/2, actually. He wasn't in Friday 1, 2 had a sack on his head, 3 he didn't get it until 1/2 way through the film.

zombieman
I excluded 1 and 2, there are 11 Jason movies including Freddy Vs Jason.

Cinemaddiction
If you want to get technical, there are 10. (I like being technical, it's what makes this board fun.)

Cinemaddiction
For those scoring at home, that's:

10 - Movies in total featuring Jason Voorhees
9 - Friday the 13th Movies w/ Jason Voorhees
7 1/2 - Movies featuring Jason w/ Hockey Mask
1 - Vs movie featuring Jason w/ Hockey Mask
1 - Vs movie w/ Jason Voorhees

Tally your scorecards accordingly.

zombieman
Don't be a smart arse, the point i was making is that there are enough movies with the hockey mask. lets have one without and let the creater of the series have another shot at doing it his way.

Cinemaddiction
Amen.

sandman
jason wasn't in part 5 was he.. it was a copy cat. right?

zombieman
It was a copycat dressed as Jason, same mask etc.

PissedOffGoalie
really? i liked UberJason

BackFire
Discuss the Friday the 13th films in this thread alone.. Anymore threads about these films will be closed.

PissedOffGoalie
*sob* i started a discussion!!! *happy cry*

Cinemaddiction
Horror icons in space normally do'nt do well, i.e.e Hellraiser: Bloodline, Leprechaun in Space, Jason X.

Why directors explore this premise is beyond me, as is what makes them think people would enjoy it.

BackFire
I liked Jason X, I thought it was the best friday the 13th film other then Jason Takes Manhatton.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I thought Uber-Jason looked cool but I hated the movie, diffently not a horror in my book, and Kane Hodder said it was the best Friday the 13th, he's so full of himself! he said that all the other Jason's didn't take the role seriously and that he was the best Jason, but Ken is, the way Ken walks which is zombie like is a classic Jason, Kane makes Jason seem to......human and not enough zombie like, but Ken does that, and when Ken plays Jason you know that Jason showed graditude towards Lori for helping him in the nightmare, but I don't think Kane could show something like that.

PissedOffGoalie
thanks for the backup, BF Jason X ruled

slayer
I thought it was good.
7/10

darkesthorror
I wouldn't say Jason X is a masterpiece, but it was semi-entertaining. Has anyone seen the huge resemblance to the film Alien in Jason X. Jim Isaacs, the director is a huge fan of Alien and had just a little bit to much fun for himself. Also, the people who are saying that they liked uber-jason and the way he looked have horribly obscure taste and further I have no faith in any other of their judgments. I would like to erase Jason X from the Friday the 13th history...A final thought being that uber-jason is the biggest disgrace to the name of Jason that I've ever seen meaning that uber-jason looked insanely corny cheesy fake plastic sweaty kane wrestler, the point is, if you like uber-jason, you must like wrestling, and I am sorry for you...

Freddy_vs_Jason
I hate wrestling, so obviously your wrong big grin

But I agree, Jason X was a disgrace to the Friday the 13ths, not even part 5 was as bad as Jason X!

darkesthorror
OK, sorry I got carried away...but why did you think that Uber-Jason looked "cool" I think Shredder from TMNT looked better and that was over a decade ago...

Dark Phoenix223
Ok people, think of it this way, Jason X never happened, it was and alternate reallity, where little gnomes prance about singing Iron maiden songs.... Ok, now erase the "abortion" of a movie that is Jason X from your mind and start anew.... and breath...... (inhales)...(exhales).... ah, isnt that better...

zombie_master
this is wut i hear in firiday the 13th part 13 jason is suppost to die for good. as for our friend freddy i have no idea rolling on floor laughing and leatherface needs to put some new movies out but he got his arm choped off sad thats just sux mad

PissedOffGoalie
funny i hear F13 pt 13 ends with Jason killing some guy...

listen Jason will no sooner die for good then Leatherface will become a vegeterian!

darkesthorror
Zombie_master; do you have a link for that news?

PissedOffGoalie
no darkesthorror he doesnt. for mine try horrorfind.com

darkesthorror
That's right, I've used that search engine before. Personally, I have pretty good faith in bloody-disgusting.com and their links. Thanks though, I'll give it a spin.

Machete_guy
Friday the 13th movies are screwed! They should have stopped at 6 or even lower...actually i liked part 8 but thats about it. Jason X was so screwed, i dont know why i have it!

PissedOffGoalie
Jason movies are da best!

Dark Phoenix223
I am soo sick of these stupid idiots beating on Friday the 13th. I dont care how crappy you think they are, Friday the 13th will always be classic.

Cinemaddiction
The original 1 or 2 may still have their place in horror history, but like all semi-decent franchises, it beat itself into the ground.

darkesthorror
I've been to a dozen sites that are selling Jason mask replicas and nothing has caught my eye. Can anyone tell me what the very best site is that is selling Jason mask replicas worth buying?

Freddy_vs_Jason
Same here, there was on website I found that had mask replicas from all the movie including Jason X.

darkesthorror
Which website is that? I've seen a couple websites like that as well, but their masks were just horrible...

Machete_guy
they were classics, but you have to admit they repeated themselves.

Machete_guy
Oh yeah and im not a 'stupid itdiot' im just 'stupid'!!!!!!!

Freddy_vs_Jason
DarkestHorror check on google, but I will try and find it then send you the website in a PM.

samhain
That's why I like them so much, the shameless B-movie style is great. They make no bones about repeating themselves.

freddyfan20
Hopefully he will be regular Jason. Cause the future Jason made him look really shine like a tin can. But he still was the same Jason.

hitmanyr2k
I agree. All I want is a Friday the 13th movie in familiar territory...no body hopping, no space Robo-Jason crap, no Jason guest-starring in a Nightmare movie. Jason Goes to Hell started out promising. The first 5 minutes had everything a Friday fan could want...in the woods, dark atmosphere, the original Friday music, etc. If they could somehow take those elements make them into a whole movie I would be happy.

botankus
Whatever happened to POG? Her last post was 5-07. I miss her, she was fun to mess with.

Cinemaddiction
I'll be sure to pour a lil' out for mah nigga, P.O.G...and watch "Driller Killer" this weekend in memorium.

botankus
She probably ran off with the guy who played Driller Killer (who she said was the hottest killer) and is seven months pregnant, unaware of the mutant baby she is about to birth.

PissedOffGoalie
nope im a virgin

slasherpunk8604
I love all of the Friday the 13th movies and I sincerley hope that the series won't stop with a 13th installment.If Jason has been through all this crap and has been killed this many times,how are you going to just kill him off and end the series?Jason X and Friday the 13th parts 2 and 3 had some of the funniest moments in movie history.Jason Goes to Hell I have to say though was total crap.

Stormy Day
Simple when one of the executives of a production company gets ridiculous new FT13 script he writes on his report "HECK NO!"

~Johnnyz#1~
stormy day I love ur avarta and siggie!!

slasherpunk8604
I heard that they're coming out with a new Halloween movie,is there a new jason flick coming out any time soon?

MichaelMyerscoo
Ummmmmm...........They are thinking of doing a Freddy Vs. Jason 2.

Stormy Day
Thanks big grin

I really dont want to see another FT13 or Halloween movie unless its in a verses.

slasherpunk8604
I heard it has Ash in it.Please.Hollywood is very f****d up.

Stormy Day
What is the big deal with Ash?

Cinemaddiction
Ash is a cult hero in this neck of the woods, beingthe KMC Horror Forum, and worldwide, at that. I'll forgive him for "Army of Darkness", but if he were to join in w/ "Freddy vs Jason", that's inexcusable.

Let those 2 duke it out, and put their tired, decrepid franchises to rest. There's still some money to be made with an "Evil Dead 4". B.C. has a couple more one liner's in him, I am sure.

Besides, a mortal versus two immortals who have been killed every which way except being infected with AIDS? Who do you think is going to win.

They've been recieving horrible scripts since "Friday the 13th: Part 2", and that hasn't stopped them yet.

Stormy Day
Ive only seen Evil Dead one and he wasnt that great but I hear Army of Darkness is the best but I havent found the time to rent it yet.Theres always something better out that I cant resist.

You knw so many horror movie are ruined by sequels that is why im a little worried by Evil Dead 4 confused

Sadly is hasnt sad

Cinemaddiction
"Army of Darkness" may be his comedic best, but the worst of the series. "Evil Dead 2", IMO is close to perfection.

If there is a 4th, I am hoping Raimi hasn't lost his touch, after going Hollywood.

Stormeister
I heard Evil Dead 2 was more like a remake than a sequel.

PissedOffGoalie
it is but its still good

Stormeister
I came close to getting it one time but I think I got SLC Punk instead good flick smile

Cinemaddiction
People that claim that must have never seen them both, given that the two are totally different movies. Same premise, same location, totally different stories.

S.L.C. Punk? I didn't know Matthew Lilliard had good movies, aside from "Hackers" and "Scream". May have to rent that one.

Stormeister
It actual proved himself a real actor to me I was very suprised on how good he was.

Its kind of like Ashton Kutcher in the Butterfly Affect you dont expect a performace like that coming from a actor thats usually reserved for goofy roles

SLC Punker- 5/5

dragonlight
Here is a list of all the "Friday the 13th" movies, several of which were shown on The New TNN (now known as Spike TV, the First Network for Men):

"Friday the 13th" (1980)
"Friday the 13th, Part 2" (1981)
"Friday the 13th, Part 3" (1982)
"Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter" (1984)
"Friday the 13th: A New Beginning" (1985)
"Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives" (1986)
"Friday the 13th, Part VII: The New Blood" (1988)
"Friday the 13th, Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan" (1989)
"Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday" (1993)
"Jason X" (2002)

chrissyg
whos that ugerjason or uberjason or something like that well someone put a pick of him on here

bryanthedarkone
I would like to see reguler Jason insteead of "Uber" jason.

chrissyg
whos ash? and if they make a freddy vs jason 2 then they should throw someone in to make it a triple fight like freddy vs jason vs michael or something

botankus
No problem. Here's a pic of both of them.

yourdebility
As far as a FT 13 sequel your all forgetting one big hurdle in the way. The studio sold the rights to Jason, That's why they made Jason X to start with to milk the cow one last time. They sold the right for the making of Freddy vs. Jason, think about it, Right now If their was a new FT 13 it would be made by another studio who doesn't care about what Jason been through, So face the fact Friday the 13th is dead.

yourdebility
As as Freddy vs Jason vs Micheal I hope they don't make that right now, because I hope to see a few more Halloween movies, so those rights need not to be sold now I'm not ready for the Halloween series to end

SlipknoT
Why? The Halloween series is the worst of the big 3.

yourdebility
Think about it Freddy vs. Jason destroyed any hopes of continueing the series, and if Freddy vs Jason vs Micheal came out that series would be ruined to, because New Line is making these Vs. movies and they only own the rights to Nightmare on Elm Street so therefore it is impossible to make another Jason movie, because the rights were sold to new LINE

chrissyg
i think michael is the best series out of the the 3 and i don't want to see freddy vs jason vs michael for these reasons:
1.im not ready for the halloween series to end
2.i don't think it would look right
3.it wouldn't work at all,fingure knives vs michade vs kitchen knife,not going to work

Ryan10000000000
I think jason is a mutant with an accellarated healing factor

SlipknoT
1.im not ready for the halloween series to end

I was ready for it end after part. The series turned to shit after part 2

§nakehead
I wanna see normal jason because the Jason X version was a abomination.

SlipknoT
Yea, uber Jason was stupid

botankus
Happy(??) Friday the 13th to everyone.

slayer
lol, I rented a few of the movies (the first four)

SlipknoT
The first 4 are the best out of the series.

slayer
And Part 6, Thats Why i rented them! big grin

slasherpunk18
I think the worst one was Jason Goes To Hell.

slayer
agreed!

tabby999
it is plausable that Jason is normal in the new one. when he gets thrown back to what is presumably earth at the end of 10, he is disolved all bar his mask. that means he could be normal jason with cool mask. plausable. and i dont think halloween holds anything up against Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm street, the whole franchise is shit

demonoid
they should just start over from the end of part 4 and let us all forget 5-X! We deserved better! mad

slayer
Lol, 6 qwas decent though.

becky123
Jason X was awful!its one of the worst films ive ever seen!its alright 2 watch 4 a laugh but its just so cringey!

@F1
It killed a couple of hours. The next movie should be set in London England, so Jason can slaughter those annoying Fox Hunters, protesting all the time. Hooray

Jennifer_Tilly
I thought Jason X was ok he looked bad-ass in it too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.