Nightmare on Elmstreet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Mine would have to be Kristin, I would love to pull people into my dream, but in part 4 it would have to be Joey, I loathe Tuesday Knight....stupid *****.........

Whats your favourite dream warrior?

HockeyHorror
honestly none of them.

Dogbert
Kincade eek!

Freddy_vs_Jason
HH if you don't like any of them then..........DON'T BOTHER POSTING IN THIS THREAD I only asked what was your FAVOURITE if you don't like any of them then don't post.

Evil Dead
Why only 3 choices?

Will.........his magic shit was decent, even though he was a dungeons and dragons geek. I'm sure all of the Lord of the Rings **** would love his powers over everybody else's.

Taryn.......she could have been pretty bad ass if she hadn't died so soon. She did stick with Freddy a little bit.......I'd like to be able to sling knives like that.

If we're talking part 4 too...........the ultimate would have to be Alice. She collected everybody else' strengths throughout the movie. By the end she was an ass kicking machine. She had Kristen's gymnastic shit......Rick's karate......that black chick's intelligence........

botankus
Welcome to the world of polling around here....

Ice Mario
What do you mean by that? The boards only allow 3 options on polls or the poll starter didn't know the others?

HockeyHorror
F vs J- your thread was dead. i just responded to get things going. plus i have my own opinions.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Duh!! And Alice wasn't a dream warrior, and the reason I didn't bought Will or Taryn on that is because Taryn and Will got killed very easily and I hated Will.

botankus
The latter.

SpAg
I picked Kristen cuz I would Pull ...Chucky cuz that would be Funny smile to see a doll fight the "man of there dreams" Freddy

Freddy_vs_Jason
You know how in the NOES movies how in someones nightmare Freddy always takes them to the boarded up 1428 Elm? well in a press conference New Line Cinema said that the boarded up house in thier nightmares and 1428 elm are completely different houses, the boarded up one is actually 1665 Elm street. But thats bulshit! because in thier nightmares when they pass by the letter box is says 1428. But in the NOES movies they screw it up even more because Nancy and Jessie have both lived in that house in part 1 and 2 but in part 4 when the kids are checking it out its all boarded up and rotten, and the dream master is set 2 years after Freddys revenge and theres no way a house could become that old and rotten in 2 years. Also in Freddys Dead the kids go to stay in that old house that is 1428 Elm, thats the letter box number but the house is all boarded up, and New Line said the 1665 Elm was the boarded up house. They seriously screwed that up. They should just be the same house. I've worked up a time-line they should have used.

Freddy lived in 1428 Elm.

Then Freddy died and the house was boarded up.

8 years later Nancys family moved. And the house was re-fernished. (Nancy and her family still lived on Elm street before that just in a different house.)

Freddy comes back, Nancy *kills* him and Nancy moves out.

Jessie moved in then moved out and the house was boarded up again.

In the Dream master when they go to 1428 it should just be boarded up and not old looking.

Then in Freddys daed when Freddy died, since he killed every child hundreds of familys move to Springwood including Loris family, but just before they do 1428 is re-furnished again.

Cinemaddiction
..and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Freddy_vs_Jason
laughing

Cinemaddiction
Actually, that's fairly interesting. There's a lot of continuity flaws in bother "Nightmare" and "Friday". One I caught that bugged me, was at the end of "F vs J", when Jason had his eyes gouged out on the dock, while he was sinking into the lake, you could see his eyes looking up.

tabby999
really REALLY quick regeneration powers?

Cinemaddiction
Just poor attention to detail. Another instance is when Jason takes the axe to the head at the end of Part 4, when he returns in the beginning of Part 5, the gouge in his mask is gone.

Does he swing by Dick's Sporting Goods and grab a new mask every once in a while or what?

samhain
In the first NOES film, Freddy takes a sledgehammer in the gut and falls over the bannister. When he lands, you can clearly see the mattress he lands on.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Also, 1428 Elm has two steps in the first NOES by the front porch, but in Freddy Vs. Jason the house looks different and has 3 steps, on the outside. And Jason does have fast regeneration powers. It's mentioned in Jason X, why do you think he can't die?

slayer
In Oes part 1 when he getss the sledge hammer in the gut he falls down the stairs and onto the mATress so it cushioned his fall, how is that a flaw?
It wasn't a stunt prop thingy if thats wat ur saying.

Freddy_vs_Jason
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jason_Krueger
Part 4 was REAL Jason Vorhees.....Part 5 was FAKE Jason Vorhees......it's not like he went on EBay and bought JAson's mask so OH he can spend lots of money on the same mask he can just buy for like 3$.......again Part 4 REAL JASON......Part 5 FAKE JASON!

tabby999
maybe after he got the machette to the head, to kill a bit of time till he had to go wack some randy teens he sat down with some sand paper, fiber glass and paint and mends his mask? "Jason 11: Arts and Craft"

slayer
Kirsten. I'd luv to be able 2 pull Jennifer Love Hewitt into my dreams.........*has a fantasy in his pants*
To be honest a watched NOES 3 like an hour ago now i'm watching Fright night.

zombieman
Im with this guy.

slayer
i'm still sticking with Kristen. Jennifer......

LeatherLep43
Is Nancy Thompson one of them? She's what made the movie, next to Freddy.

slayer
She's not exactly a DreaM WARRIOR. But she was the one who helped them develop their powers.

Freddy_vs_Jason
She didn't HELP them develope them. They already developed them but she just taught them how to tap into them. And also I own NOES 3 on DVD so yeah.........its very rare to find that video in NZ video stores. But the un-cut version of the dreamchild and almost every other Nightmare movie isn't that hard. It common in Canada, I had a look when I was there.

Freddy_vs_Jason
LOL. But honestly New Line Cinema really screwed that up. If a 14 year old girl can pick that up then I'm sure many others will too.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Who here loved the orginal ending to F v J? I did, but the only reason why they changed it was because the test audience thought that Will was Freddy's son............honestly.....what idiots! It's obvious that Lori was dreaming and that Freddy (who has returned) invaded her dreams disguised as Will so he could get her where he wanted and then BAM!! the knives come out and he's ready to slice and dice her!

I'm annoyed that they did this, you guys with me?

tabby999
in a movie like Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elmstreet it really isn't an issue if they screw up and fusge a few consistancys, plus it gives us a chance to snicker behind the movie makers backs

Evil Dead
Well.......there is a descrepency.

- in the commentary.......Robert Englund does indeed say that it was changed because the test audience thought it was a lead in to a "son of Freddy" movie (like seed of Chucky).........meaning that Freddy as Will would impregnate Lorrie and Freddy would have an offspring. I believe you misunderstood.

- In other interviews however, Ronnie Yu has stated that the reason the ending was changed is because it showed a clear winner. In the original ending, Freddy won.....no argument about it. He's the one left at the end.

In the ending they used, Freddy fans and Jason fans can argue about who won. They were both alive at the end. There was no clear cut winner so the fans of neither franchise would be disappointed. They could still say that their "hero" won.

DaRk Lotus
I would pull pinhead and see the 2 best mindtrick people go at it for ever and then pull a life time of beer so i can watch them fight> smile

Darkseed
I`m sorry i just dont like kreuger at all, Jason`s the man, always has been always will be, in my books anyway smile.

Jason_Krueger
Well that's gay!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Well maybe they could have had both. They should have started off with Jason coming out of the lake carrying Freddys head that winks and then gone to the orginal ending.

slayer
I've only got a pirate copy so my dvd doesn't really have anything special.It does have a commentary though.

slayer
laughing out loud that'd be fun. An eternity of Pinhead V.S whoever. big grin

slayer
The movies have a few flaws but overall they're still good.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I reckon Freddy could kick PinHeads needle ass!

slayer
laughing out loud so F V.S J Do u live in NZ?

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yes, but I wasn't born here.

CaseyLong
A list of all the Dream Warriors and their powers?

roundisfunny
Neil-- no longer crippled, has soccer skills, can change women's clothing with his mind.
Will-- Dungeonmaster, can manipulate objects out of thin air.
Kristen-- nimble, gymnastic skills.
Kincaid-- super strength.
Taryn-- superhuman knife-weilding.

Here is a link to the screenplay.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Thats not excatly it.

Will- The wizard master, powers of a wizard, and no longer in his wheel-chair.
Kristen- Gymnastics.
Kincaid- super strength.
Joey- Screechy vocal cords.
Taryn- beautiful and knife weilding.

roundisfunny
Oh...well, I was going by the script...it's probably been 17 years since I saw the movie.

darkesthorror
Regardless of what the scene with Lori and Will at the end meant, it was
a horrible cheesy scene, and I thank god that it was taken out; bad acting. A scene that I think all of us would agree on being put into the film(the opening "Jason's dormant dream" sequence) would have to be the remake of the scene at the end of Jason goes to Hell where Freddy's glove comes out of the ground to pull Jason's mask down. Yes that scene was remade, it can be scene in the Freddy Vs Jason DVD menu when your transferring to a different selection theres a quick shot of it. I don't remember at the moment what menu option you go through to see it? I'm sure someone will read this and be able to answer that question...

darkesthorror
Heres a slip up for you; if you watch the Freddy Vs Jason DVD in full frame you can see distortion at the bottom during the CGI "Got YOUR Nooose!" scene from poor editing....Also, what Samhain was referring to is that the mattress during the scene can be seen; of course the stuntmen use safety precautions during those scenes, the point is your not suppose to see the mattress from your magic film viewing window...Dipshit..sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Freddy_vs_Jason
You can find the scene on one of the TV spots, I think its the "dare" one. But I loved the orginal ending, the acting was great and I don't know why your all saying "oh this movie or that movie sucked because the acting was bad!" when I doubt any of you could act any better. And obviously they are all good actors otherwise they wouldn't have been hired!

darkesthorror
Settle down man, OK, there were some alright acting; Robert Englund, of course being very well educated and an excellent actor in my opinion. But honestly now, you can't admit that there was a good share of bad acting in Freddy Vs Jason. For a good example; the "weak Freddy shadow" scene when his shadow approaches the guy in the street, but isn't strong enough to do any harm and the actor looks down at his chest and says "Oh few, I'm OK" and then runs off, come on! And of course the as*hole boyfriend who's crushed in the bed, also the main Character Lori, horribly unrealistic, not natural or down to earth. And you definitely have one huge misconception. This film had approximately $35 million to it's name, in today's industry that's not exactly grounds for being picky. Definite proof of everything I just said is that the girl from destinies child was in the film; which is almost equivalent to product placement. What do you not understand, when all the suits(The one who actually control the show) are sitting around, their talking about marketing, how well the audience will accept the film in question, etc. Ideas like if you get this person or that person to be in this film will support a larger budget because they think the "consumer" thats right you and me; if we see a famous popular face tickets might sell better, I loved Freddy Vs Jason, especially when Freddy goes into the soul, sub-conscious, mind whatever you want to call it of Jason and Jason is dragging the body to his home and when enters opens the closet, brilliant scene, but don't be a b*tch, sorry got out of control...

psychopathfreak
What thats crazy they really need to check things over more carefully when making movies! thumb down

DaRk Jester
Also if you watch Freddy vs Jason when they show ebn in the hospital at says Kruger 6 on the tv but also all funny shit in the movie the one thing that bugs me the most is when jason gets his eyes turn out he gots it back BUT when he walks out of the water his fingers are still gone how the hell can jason hold freddys ****ing head? Explain that to me plz. smokin'

psychopathfreak
Well actually the ending that they showedd was good because now they can add on and make a sequal think about it!!!

darkesthorror
That's right psychopathfreak; it was left very open ended, but regardless of whether your a Freddy fan or Jason fan, Jason definitely dominated the film, more kills, but as far as the Fight between the two, they balanced that out very well, some people might say that Jason was the clear victor because Freddy was decapitated, but that's tricky because Jason didn't actually decapitate him, and the part at the very end when Freddy winks can't really be used as a defense because it's not really apart of the film, it's just a self aware nodd/joke to the fans...

darkesthorror
Well, that is a good question, but not difficult to answer. The way they covered up that supposed "logic error" is that he was just palming it or that his hands were so big anyways that it didn't matter, besides his fingers weren't cut off to the base, it was more like the middle joints...

freddynut2
I want this to be a general disscussion for this movie. If they were to make another nightmare on elm street movie, what would it be and what would it be about?

freddynut2
I think it should forget about the seventh movie and go back to the personality of freddy through the first movie. A silent maniac killer that dosent make jokes about his victims.

It should be about someone that moves into the house nancy lived in and freddy comes back for a whole new massacer. He should start killing people, and the kid living in nancys house gets a dream about everything that happened in the first six films, and he also becomes aware of how to stop him for good...get him in the real world but dont kill him. Put him in a place where he wont die and get back to the dream world. Of course friends that are thinking that this is all a coincidence starts dreaming and never wake up if you know what I mean.

This is about the old freddy that killed you in your dreams the normal way (that sounds funny). example: if he stabbed your chest in the dream world it should be like the first movie when tina dies and not like the fourth movie when kincade and joey(i think) and that other guy, they get stabbed but they get no wounds. But if you wake up when he is doing something he stoppes, nothing like what happened to rod in the first movie where even thoough he was awake freddy still killed him.

freddynut2
I think it should forget about the seventh movie and go back to the personality of freddy through the first movie. A silent maniac killer that dosent make jokes about his victims.

It should be about someone that moves into the house nancy lived in and freddy comes back for a whole new massacer. He should start killing people, and the kid living in nancys house gets a dream about everything that happened in the first six films, and he also becomes aware of how to stop him for good...get him in the real world but dont kill him. Put him in a place where he wont die and get back to the dream world. Of course friends that are thinking that this is all a coincidence starts dreaming and never wake up if you know what I mean.

This is about the old freddy that killed you in your dreams the normal way (that sounds funny). example: if he stabbed your chest in the dream world it should be like the first movie when tina dies and not like the fourth movie when kincade and joey(i think) and that other guy, they get stabbed but they get no wounds. But if you wake up when he is doing something he stoppes, nothing like what happened to rod in the first movie where even thoough he was awake freddy still killed him.

what do you think

DaRk Lotus
thank you for that answer smile

psychopathfreak
Well seeing that he winked thats not really a joke that would be a good part to add on neither one is dead so helo.... is it clicking in yet

psychopathfreak
there still alive that means the fight didnt end the fight will still go on until one actually dies hence a sequal!

freddynut2
Imagine pulling the leprechaun in one of freddys nightmares.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Where the hell are all these newb's coming from!?

BackFire
turning into another vs thread. Closing.

BackFire
question answered

BackFire
Discuss Freddy, the Dream Warriors, or anything else having to do with the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies here. Do not make any new threads about these films or they will be closed.

Freddy_vs_Jason
What!! thats sux! mad

That makes the horror forum dull and boring, there isn't much to discuss now!!!!!!!!
gee thanks backfire! way to ruin the horror forum mad

Asonja_Ruegerka
How do you keep closing every thing down

Asonja_Ruegerka
Please don't

BackFire
Look, there were many complains going on about all the repetitve and samey threads going on right now. I don't feel it's necessary to start a new thread over every small detail of a horror series. This way it will cut back on the clutter threads and make room for other, unique threads.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Such as?

But then they'll be no new threads coming in because they're pretty much all based on Freddy and Jason and stuff, and eventually the horror forum will become even more boring then it orginally is, and BF since your a moderator do you have so kind of special toolbar which lets you close down things and stuff?

BackFire
There are many other movies being discussed besides Nightmare on Elmstreet and other mainstreem series. You may not partake in them, but they are indeed going on. And if half of the first page of the forum is filled with threads about one particular series then that makes it even harder for people to decipher other threads within the clutter.

Also, yes I have a toolbar that allows me to do super powers.

HockeyHorror
im tired of these freddy/ jason talks...why dont we talk about the classics? sad

Freddy_vs_Jason
How did you get the toolbar? erm did it just magic appear when Raz asked you to be a mod? (jk)

HockeyHorror
thats soo funny^ (sarcasm)

no expression

Freddy_vs_Jason
It wasn't suppose to be funny.

HockeyHorror
then why did u make that kind of statement and you said just kidding

PissedOffGoalie
Freddy vs Wishmaster

Feeddy: I want a bigger dick!
Djinn: As you wish.
*Freddy's dick grows to 25ft, wraps itself around his neck and chokes him*

freddynut2
Now didnt you hear what they said P.O.G. Keep the talk about the movie

samhain
So what are you saying? Nancy put the mattress on the stairs so Freddy didn't hurt himself too much?

samhain
I think BF did the right thing by combining threads, the forum was getting cluttered with Candyman Vs Jason Vs pennywise Vs Cujo Vs Oprah Winfrey. Now we have a few threads at the top dedicated to the classic slashers and the rest of the forum to discuss other horror related topics. Shame on you FvJ, just when you'd started to make some good comments.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I'm sorry sad...........

samhain
Well alright then. thumb up

Freddy_vs_Jason
big grin

slayer
laughing out loud

MichaelMyerscoo
I bet that's how Freddy really feels rolling on floor laughing

Freddy_vs_Jason
I wish they would make a NOES 8 thats set after F vs. J but set before F vs. J 2.......

BlackCrawler
Well Freddy is my Fav. in any Nightmare movie but Kiristen is pretty kick A##.

BlackCrawler
Any1 got Freddy pics.

Stormy Day
yup just a sec wink

Freddy_vs_Jason
A sec? its been days! laughing

Stormy Day
lol I know the pics I got where the right file or something messed

Ill try to get some on by tonight ive just been busy

BlackCrawler
Thanx

Cinemaddiction
When you do find pictures, be sure to put them in the corresponding thread for Horror Movie Pictures. I never undersood the need for that thread? Go to www.altavista.com, www.askjeeves.com, or www.dogpile.com and find some pictures for yourselves.

Stormy Day
More Like Yahoo thats the best to find pics of any movie wink

Stormy Day
evil face

Stormy Day
eek!

Stormy Day
evil face

Stormy Day
smile

Stormy Day
Ill post some more tomorrow im gonna head to be right now *yawns*

BlackCrawler
thanks a lot you have been a great help.

Stormeister
your welcome big grin

BlackCrawler
This is not a insult or complaint it is a request. does any one have a pic of Joey from NMOES 3 or 4? just for the report i have to write.

Stormeister
Ill look for once but im tired ill try to find one tomorrow even though I dont know what they guy looks like confused

Jason420
Freddys a faggy pedefile

MichaelMyerscoo
Hey! Not Right! Not Right! I could say the same thing about Jason and more!

Jason420
ho freddy is a little punk who cant go after adults cause hes a little *****

MichaelMyerscoo
Oh Yeah! Well jason has a deformed head and who knows what else is deformed!

Jason420
why do you care what his penis looks like you *** at jason will come at you correct and freddy has to kill you in your dreams he cant go out of the dream world and say everything he says to your face *****

MichaelMyerscoo
Jason can't talk. Freddy can. I don't care what that part of Jason looks like. Freddy could move out of your way if wants to. Jason has no brain.

Stormeister
laughing out loud MichealMeyerscoo is winning wink

LIZARDRULZ
Jason a big stupid moron with no style and would be so easy to lose all you have to do run like hell and you can get way,move to india and never see him again or even better not go to crystal lake like morons thinking it won't happen this year and all the jason movies are the exact same just differnent kids with exception of jason goes to hell which barley had jason which is the only reason to watch these horrible,cliche films.No matter where you go what you do you're going to sleep and freddy will get you which makes it way more interesting and a tougher foe to beat and would drive you insane before you die and he knows everything about you your weakness's,insercruities,fears and toys with your mind and has a manitupltive power over people.Jason is just a big retarded monster

LIZARDRULZ
Nancy in Freddy one is watching EVIL DEAD trying to stay awake in Evil Dead 2 in the scene where ash's girlfriend attacks him headless in the shed with the chainsaw if you up above the door you can see the Freddy glove.You may notice in Nightmare 2,Freddy's blades are coming out of his fingers instead of the glove because the original glove was stolen.Could it be the stolen glove.

MichaelMyerscoo
^yes

FEDFAN316
i'm on the side of everyone who thinks FREDDY is the best!there's another thing about watching F VS J on fullscreen,in the part when FREDDY used WILL's friend (can't remember the name cause i haven't been able to watch it in like 3 month's stick out tongue )to send the message,after he's dead,on widescreen you don't see that he's collapsed in front of the window as you do with fullscreen.i only noticed it cause i like watching alot of movies with widscreen because if you turn off all the lights,it acually feels like you're in the theaters.

MichaelMyerscoo
^I agree fully

FEDFAN316
thank you! smile

BlackC@t
Jason420 watch your langauge and don't bash others, I think you've been banned before and if you keep that up you'll be banned again.

chrissyg
whos kirsten,joey and kincaid r they on the nightmare on elm street r they friends with freddy or r they good guys?

FEDFAN316
they're from noes 4 i think they're the people who try to defeat Freddy but get killed

chrissyg
o ok i wasn't sure i only seen a few freddy movies

FEDFAN316
i'v only seen 1,2, end of 4 new nightmare,and f vs j

BlackC@t
Wow, I just found a site that had deleted scenes from the first NOES. One of them was that Glen's death scene was longer, he actually rose from the blood turrent thing and then his body fell limp. Also when Freddy chased Tina down the alley way the deleted scene was he actually chased her around the block and then back. There are more of them of course.

FEDFAN316
the part when glen's blood was like a fountain,they never show the blood accually coming uo from the bed.they just show it hitting the ceiling.even in the non-edited version.

nail_bunny
I dont know....I like Kincaid. Hes kind of goofy. When he's calling Freddy out, hes all like, dance like a butterfly sting like a bee, type thing. lol. i dont know...

MichaelMyerscoo
lol (by the way, I love your sig and avvy.

nail_bunny
thanks! smile

chrissyg
is freddy a mutant or something?becuz he never dies he can change into anybody and he can move stuff around

FEDFAN316
i think he should stay the same.it's funny "mmmm.dark meat"-FREDDY in f vs. j

LIZARDRULZ
sorry this doesnt go with the thread but can someone tell me how to get the pics and quotes under you replies

Freddy's son
Do u think that a prequel of the first Craven's nightmare can be done? i played a little picture 10 minutes about Freddy's childhood and maybe can be go to venice this autumn...i tried this because i think that Freddy now is a cult movie that will enter in cinema history for the kind of innovation that it bring. I'm nervous because here in italy the things are not so easy...

Freddy Lover
taryn...

TakeshiManganji
What does everybody think of New Nightmare?

Hoohoohoohaha Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Amanda 417
thumb up

spidergrl
it preti good. i thought i would see you here blackc@t

BlackC@t
Don't flatter yourself! stick out tongue
I'm barely ever in here. I thought Craven's New Nightmare was cool, but my favourites will always be the orginal and Dream Warriors, The Dream Master was pretty good too.

spidergrl
dnt wori i won't, cus i no im lucki but lets face it you'll never get this lucky eva again smile

BlackC@t
Watch it or I'll just have to report you :P

spidergrl
wat?? report me on wat??

Jennifer_Tilly
Kirsten is my pick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.