Announcement!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Dear users of our beloved Horror Forum.

As brought to my attention by Evil Dead, there have been many samey threads popping up in this forum. So, to clear up any problems I have stuck a few threads that are dedicated soley to the more popular horror franchises. (I.E. Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmstreet and Halloween).

Please do not start any more threads on any movies in any of these series, they will be closed as soon as I see them. I am doing this to cut back on the amount of clutter in the forum, and it will hopefully keep this place a bit cleaner.

Thank you for your cooperation.

HockeyHorror
good job backfire, but you do know if a noob comes in this forum, he/she will make another jason/freddy thread.

but i hope this works.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Gee HH why don't you just glue you lips to his butt? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darkseed
It wasn`t nessessary to close the avp thread and start your own because we had a discussion going on there, even if you didn`t like what we were saying there, there was no need to close the avp thread as there was only one there for discussion on it, the other was about how it sucked.

I posted in both and both were closed, are you closing things you dont like the look of, i know the place needs to be kept tidy and all that, i know bu tthere was no need to close the avp thread backfire sir.

HockeyHorror
F vs J- why? im not sucking up. you must be either really bored cuz ur tryin to diss me (its not working) or ur jealous of something.
im always cool with backfire cuz he likes same horror movies as me and he's Armo like me smile

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yeah thats nice HH.................and well said Darkseed, Backfire there was really no need to close that thread.

BackFire
Ok, what I've done is this: Rather then close down the threads that were going on recently, I merged them all together in the new threads. So, all the nightmare on elmstreet discussion threads about the dream warriors and what not are now together in the new, all purpose Nightmare on Elmstreet thread.

I did the same for the aliens vs predator threads and the Friday the 13th threads, hopefully this will make some of you happier as you can continue your discussions that you were having before.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Kool.

Darkseed

Darkseed
please delete this post and the other post above, sorry for the inconvenience or trouble caused smile.

slayer
laughing out loud it's a good idea if they're all merged.

Freddy_vs_Jason
This is all Evil Deads fault sad

Machete_guy
So i cant start any thing about Freddy Vs jason???

Freddy_vs_Jason
Nothing about Freddy vs Jason, Freddy OR Jason, your not allowed to make any threads on those killers, or Alien and Predator, or Ash and the Evil Dead series.

BackFire
You can make threads about Ash and the Evil Dead series, that's no problem. As long as it doesn't involve the whole "freddy vs jason vs ash" thing.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Aw man!...........

Machete_guy
Thats the gayest thing i have ever heard of!

Cinemaddiction
There's already threads for them? What's so hard to understand? There's no need for multiple threads on the same topic.

BackFire
Indeed, no need for more then one thread on a given topic.

Freddy_vs_Jason
There based on the same thing but theres so many different things you could ask about them, if you take that away from us then it makes these forums a lot less fun.

BackFire
You can still talk about all those things in one thread. You simply do not need new threads for every little detail or thought about the movies.

Machete_guy
Can i atleast make 1 more last thread about all those movies?

BackFire
No, there is no point. You can discuss all the things in the all purpose threads.

Darkseed
Dictatorship is what it sounds like, i for one dont like dictatorships it happens in every forum i go to, they think that because they are a moderator they rule and can bully you into doing what they want when they want, i know i`ve had soem nazi try it with me before on fanforums.com in the jessica alba section their name was eM, if i get hold of that thing it will not live to see another day.

I `m all for the whole keeping this forum tidy, i agree with you, but as long as it`s just for keeping it tidy and not for the soul puropse of abusing your power as a moderator like everyone i`ve come across who is one does, i`m not accusing you or anything but i am making a statement about the whole using moderator power just because you can and want to.

BackFire
First of all, this "moderator power" you refer is me simply doing what I'm supposed to do. I saw a problem with this forum, and that problem is that it was over crowded with the same threads on the same basic subjects. So, logically, you can throw all those subjects into one thread and cut back on the mess that was frankly, getting out of control. I did what I had to do to get sanity back into this forum, and I'm sorry so many people blindly disagree with keeping this forum clean of repetitve and unnecessary threads. But, untill I see an actual reason for it, there will be no changes.

Darkseed
deleted by poster

SlipknoT
I think this was a bad idea

Freddy_vs_Jason
See Backfire!? more than less horror fans think this is a bad idea, and isn't in for the best intrest of the people that post here?! where talking about polls and other sorts! why can't this forum have been modederated by someone like Kes or Badkittykitty.......

Cinemaddiction
I am still having a hard time understand what you guys are complaining about?

There's a thread for absolutely anything you could think of. For the topic that was in question, being Ash vs Jason or Freddy, wouldn't that go in the "Who Would Win?" thread?

What makes the forums a lot less fun is having to wade through stupid threads regarding the absolute same thing, and numerous, monotonous polls. All of which could be covered in their respective sections, or the all purpose Vs. thread.

Nothing has changed people, there's only been some condensing of like topics. It's for the better.

BackFire
Indeed. If you hate the fact that you can't create repetitve threads whenever you want then by all means, go to another forum that allows this.

Freddy_vs_Jason
We have every write to come in this forum and complain! mad
They're are not repetative threads!

PurityKnight
This statement is pretty lame, don't you think?

BackFire
No, they're making a big deal about nothing. They're acting like they can't talk about the subjects they want to anymore, which is completely wrong. As Cine-man said, nothing has really changed, I just condensed all the samey threads into one to save space for other threads should they come.

We don't need a thread about "which is your favorite dream warrior" and then another one about "which dream warrior had a certain power" and then other threads for each and every sequel. It just wastes space and all I'm trying to do is keep the forum a bit tidy by condensing all of the threads about basically the same subject into one, all purpose thread.

I really don't see the big deal.

Also, you guys can complain all you want, but untill I see a reason why I should go back to allowing overcrowding with samey threads in the forum, I will not change it back.

Cinemaddiction
If this is too big a transition to handle, and for some reason you don't like organization, I suggest you people just pack your shit and hit the trail.

This incessant whining has gotten really old, really fast. You people have no arguement whatsoever, and are apparently failing to understand what's going on here.

PurityKnight
don't get me wrong, I agree with you.
messed I just thought that statment wasn't so good, you know whistle

Freddy_vs_Jason
We have just as much right to be in these forums and state our opinions just like everyone else, after all, isn't arguing your opnions with one-another what KMC is about?

Lots of people entered the whos your favorite dream warrior thread, so lots of people but you BF thought it was a good idea, so it seems your just doing this to satisfy your self. Also the person who made the thread asking who the dream warriors and there powers are simply just wanted to know what they are, thats a good enough reason for me, what else were they suppose to do? hire it out? and if thier video store didn't have it then what?

Cinemaddiction
Arguing, no. Debating to make something out of it, sure.

For the thread in question. There were two threads on "Dream Warriors", which could have been covered in one. Therefore, it was condensed.

Then, there was the explosion of identical threads which lead to All Purpose threads for the bigger franchises, where all aspects of the movies would have been discussed. If people want to break down movie characters, they will go to the NOES thread and talk about it, won't they?

The whole conglomeration idea was done with the best interest of the forum in mind, I am sure. It HAS been a lot easier to navigate through the forums, without having to wade through all the threads of the same title.

Notice only 2 or 3 people of 30 or so are complaining still.

Machete_guy
I guess backfire is right..you dont need mutiple threads on the same thing..but it still is taking the fun of starting a thread about a event or thing about those movies... sad

can you start things about Alien and predator?....and what about ideas for The 'Versus' thing like..So and So Vs So and So..making up ideas for them.

HockeyFace
Why not just let the complainers make polls on there favorite horror franchises? I mean if its not a poll then delete and/or merge it. I for one am with you on this Backfire.

botankus
First of all having more than one thread about Dream Warrior powers is tough to comprehend to begin with. Where's the thread about the Dokken "Dream Warriors" song?? Now that's a topic!

Now to address the topic, I am in favor of having the "sticky" threads which combine all repetitive topics. Naturally, there are good points and bad points of this, but the good far outweigh the bad.

Bad: Threads are HUGE, it's tough to find previously mentioned topics within the thread. By the way, this is the only problem.

Good: No longer do I have to sift through the entire main page of the forum looking at countless subjects like:

Freddy vs. Ash
Freddy vs. Jason
Who thinks Freddy's ass is hot (POG, haha)
Who would win? (don't even know who's fighting by the subject)
Jason vs. Frodo
Michael Myers is dumb
Did anyone know Freddy had sharp nails?
Michael Myers vs. Gizmo
Has anyone seen Halloween????
I have horror pics of The Blob!!
Freddy vs. Pinhead vs. C3PO
I got drunk at Crystal Lake
Jason is really an alien!
Independence Day rocks!!
3-some with Freddy, Michael Myers, and Jason!!

to name a few.

Now tell me, out of those subjects, how would I, for example, find a discussion about what anyone thought about, say, Jason's plans for the next 2 films he's going to be in? With the sticky thread I can simply enter the thread and ask someone my question. With 10 threads about the same thing there's no guarantee the person with the answer is going to read all 10 threads!

botankus

Cinemaddiction
We're the Dreeeeeeeam Warriorrrrrrrssssssss...

Shit, yeah. How about Armored Saint in Hellraiser 3?

botankus
Yeah, Armored Saint getting ripped apart.

Hey, I can only think of one band where both their lead singers get killed in horror movies. Anthrax.

Joey Belladonna in Pledge Night, dying in an acid bath.

John Bush (when he was with Armored Saint) in Hellraiser III.

botankus
If you want to see the PERFECT example of why having a "sticky" thread is better than 30 confusing and repeated threads....

Check out the Pirates of the Carribean forum ASAP

I had never been there before and only went there just to see who was moderating and what I found was the absolute, positive, definitive answer to anyone bitching about what Backfire did to all of the threads.

Machete_guy
LOL LOL LOL LOL..so true..

michael myers Vs gismo
jason vs frodo lol!!

Evil Dead
1. You do have the right to your opinion.....you have stated it, now accept the fact that we just don't care about it.

2. No.....KMC is not about arguing. Actually, KMC has rules AGAINST arguing. This is why no political topics are allowed to be posted nor any defamatory comments towards other users.

3. This forum is here to "discuss past and upcoming horror movies".....note the word *movieS*, not movie. Seven NOES threads on the first page (which is how many there were the day Backfire merged them) is just ridiculous. If all you want to discuss is NOES or Friday the 13th, go find a forum devoted to just them and do it.

As a great man once said, "for some reason you don't like organization, I suggest you people just pack your shit and hit the trail."

http://eastcoastjuggalos.com/forum/html/emoticons/icon_wank.gif @ this whole thread.

Pred@tor
Yup

Stormy Day
I think Backfire did a good job there was alot of junk in this forum and he cleaned it up.I like the way you put that Evil Dead "State your opinion we just dont care"that was funny.But no matter what anybody says this place is nice and tidy and if you dont like it you can leave because BF isnt gonna change this place so theres no use in arguing if he doesnt care and we dont care roll eyes (sarcastic)

Striel
This kinda sucks. It's weird to have half the main page taken up by it.

Stormy Day
Its less that half wink

Striel
No, really?

You know what I meant.

Stormy Day
Its not that bad and its less than half roll eyes (sarcastic)

Evil Dead
Look at it this way..............

1/7 of the first page is taken up by sticky threads devoted to the pop horror slasher flicks. If those threads were not there, 3/4 of the first page would be taken up by threads devoted to those same pop horror slasher flicks.

Stormy Day
eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.