SAT's Tomorrow!! Yikes!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Agent Elrond
For all who live in the US and are taking the SAT's tomorrow, I wish u all good luck. These tests are a complete waste of time and money, but if u do ggod, then college searching is more easier. Math is easy, but English is a nightmare.

Once again, good luck for all who are taking them and DON'T worry. You'll do fine.

§pearhead
I heard that on the announcements today smart they need to be at school by 7:30. The inhumanity!

JediHDM
Good luck...i only took them once...i did well, but still...

silver_tears
I wanna do em eek!

trebgoD
Yup. I got mine tommorow too fear I hope I do well smart
GL to every 1 else taking it thumb up

Dregh
So....what the hell is this SAT thing? Oh wait, another of north america weird things....

silver_tears
It's basically an I.Q. Test, my teacher gave me prep books for them smart

Dregh
Oooooo, I see...

JediHDM
its not really an IQ test, because you can study for the SAT's...they used to be called the "Scholatic Aptitude Test"...it basically is used by colleges to determine how scholatically minded you are...but they are BS...my friend, who never does any work, got like a 1450 on them... and other people who work all the time got like 900 on them...

silver_tears
Although I'm not American, you can take them here I think erm
I always wanted to go to a state college sad

My teachers incouraged me roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
It is too an I.Q. test laughing out loud
I don't do much work, but get high marks, and I did a mock one, and scored very well big grin

It follows the same thing erm
Just questions from general knowledge smart

Freddy_vs_Jason
7:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats pretty much against the law here to make kids go to school around that time.

JediHDM
but its not general knowledge...its totally different...general knowledge would be the ITBS or the TAKS...the SAT is very specific in what it tests...it tests more innate reasoning than IQ...yes, they are similar, but not quite. you can't 'cheat' on an IQ test...but teachers have taught the SAT for so long they can basically teach students how to legally cheat on it.

Agent Elrond
ACT is easier i think. The two tests test two different abilities. I'm not realy sure what the difference is.

silver_tears
Yea, but don't they test what you learned your whole school career?
So it is general knowledge embarrasment

JediHDM
no...there are logic problems, metaphors, geometry, algebra, but they are timed in such a way that it is not what you know, but how your mind can process information.

silver_tears
Just from that description, I think I.Q. test stick out tongue

Dregh
Yay! I started a discussion!

JediHDM
Ok, yes, it is an IQ test...but an IQ test is not a general knowledge test...IQ determines how your mind is logically and reasoning based...general knowledge just determines if you know material you should know at a certain point in your life. IQ also shows how quickly you can learn and process information.

silver_tears
I.Q is general knowledge stick out tongue

Dregh
Knowledge is that cereal they sell at the market right?

JediHDM
I.Q. stands for Intelligence Quotient.

dictionary.com says IQ is The ratio of tested mental age to chronological age, usually expressed as a quotient multiplied by 100.

That's not general knowledge

silver_tears
yes because it's what you have learned in relativity to your age stick out tongue

JediHDM
*sigh* JUST GIVE UP!!!!

silver_tears
YOU FIRST stick out tongue

MC Mike
jerry

JediHDM
I'M RIGHT!!...why should i give up when i'm right? that makes about as much sense as saying an IQ test is general knowledge...

silver_tears
and it is smart

Raz Jr
ffs roll eyes (sarcastic)

Devalion
Good Luck to everyone who is taking any exams!

MC Mike
I just took my Geometry First Semester Exam to place out of it next year. I have my next semester next Saturday! eek!

xxXsarahXxx
im in england and i have SATs in 3 daysad maybe i should start revising....o well lol

Agent Elrond
Finished taking it about 3 hrs ago. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy. The English section had a lot of vocab words i'd never seen before. That made it a little harder.

heen68
I got my sat's on tuesday sad

Agent Elrond
that's odd. They're usually on Saturdays

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, SATs...you poor juniors, I had to take the SAT and the ACT last year (and I had to take the SAT the day after the last day of school which SUCKED). The ACT is a lot easier, but I still did damn good on both -- 1340 on the SAT and 32 on the ACT yes

Agent Elrond
a 32, yeah, that's believeable.
SAT are as hard as hell, but ACT is much easier. Less english and more science.

Trinity_Matrix
Yes...(I got a perfect 36 on the science part of the ACT...embarrasment)

I did a lot better on the math parts of both the ACT and SAT than the English section, which is odd because I'm better in English usually blink

Kaleanae
I took the SAT II stick out tongue

Ein Kun
The SAT's i took last year, and that Srah's taking on tuesday is different to you americans. It's the Standard Assesment Tests.
baically it determines what tier of work we go on to do.

xxXsarahXxx
Srah???? *hemhem* i tink youll find it has another A in it -_-

Agent Elrond
SAT's are today and I'm taking them again. What was I thinking? Hopefully I'll do better this time. I did good, but I know I can do better. Time to waste 4hrs of my life

eggmayo
Sat's in england dont actually mean anything, there not even used to put you in sets for your next school. the only important tests are gcse's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.