how would you...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
... make a horror movie?

tabby999
gore. i'm making one for my final year of school media video, and it has to go for about 5 - 7 minutes, so i dont have time to make the other themes work. plus i love gore

HockeyHorror
psychological

LeatherLep43
other. i would love to make a movie that is sad. but horrorish. i want to get the watcher's attention. and make them feel sorry for the victims.

WindDancer
Gore, and lot's of it!!! I'm talking gallons and gallons of fake blood.

darkesthorror
Follow the story of demons, see deep into their world what it is that drove them to hell. Sort of like the exorcist, but focus more on the demons and their motive and how they try to infect the world and inflict pain and suffering on us and eventually how their able to get into our world and wreak havoc as the world falls apart, the military battles, peoples religions fall apart. This take on it would sort of be like a zombies overtake the world and there is a few survivors scenario, so maybe a cross between Hellraiser and Dawn or 28 Days Later...Creepy Demons too, from small 1ft. tall- 13ft tall demons...Yes

HockeyFace
Fantasy all the way. gore isn't scary.

BackFire
Gore and Realism.

HockeyFace
Please explain to me what is so great about gore and a guy running around with a matchet?

BackFire
Gore by itself isn't effective, but if you take some gore and use stark realism to make the gore more believable then it becomes extremely powerful stuff.

HockeyFace
Ok. I still think you guys disrespect horror's past to much. What was chilling about really old horror movies was the acting and the sets which inspired fear into the viewer. The shocking stories and the characters appearance were also used to inflict fear. Even gimmicks. All for fear. i think it would work again today too.

WindDancer
Gore isn't always about scaring the audience. I mean if you are a child yes any horror movie might scare you. The idea of gore is to give the audience an impact of the brutalilty that is portrayed in the movie. I dunno about classic characters being scary and all. Just look at Van Helsing, it has the Wolf man, Vampires, Frankestein and does that look scary to you? I don't think so. The Real old horror movies might have been scary back in that generation. But this is a different generation so the formula might not work. I don't think the formulas used in the past will work on the new cinema. Then again that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

HockeyFace
Van Helsing isn't supposed to be scary and doesn't really seem to care if it is becuas it seems as if Universal is trying to make a cvheap buck with it. Put good acting and sets and a plot better than Van helsing and i bet you could make a scary old school horror movie with it.

WindDancer
I'm not saying that Van Helsing is a horror flick. What I was trying to imply is that it has the elements of horror icons of the past. So the old formula doesn't work very well here. Even good acting maynot be enough. The movie that came close to be suscesful in using the old formula was Bram Strokers Dracula. That's the only one I can think of being susccesful. New generation needs new Icons. Even today those icons are fading.

HockeyFace
Well no one has given a chilling performance in the genre since Donald Pleasence (a personal hero to me) in Halloween. Also Van Helsing is mixing four classic characters into what looks to be a fun, but jumbled mess for horror movie fans. Also the sets. THE SETS!

zombie_master
GORE GORE GORE and violence and chainsaw action yeah i like the blood the suffering and the mutalation. (hey im poping up everywhere arent I)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.