Changed Title Name.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Redeemer
On the end credits of OCTOPUSSY it says James Bond will return in FROM A VIEW TO A KILL. Yet the film came out as A VIEW TO A KILL. Anyone know why the dropping of the FROM?

The scene in question where Zorin and Mayday share the line..."What a view...!!!" "...To a Kill!!! takes place in the blimp overlooking Golden Gate Bridge IIRC. It's the only reference to the title in the entire film. Presumably the title change was to accommodate that line? Has anyone else any ideas?

Evy_O
Maybe they just decided it sounded better messed

The Redeemer
Nah..."FROM" A VIEW TO A KILL sounds much much better! smokin'

yerssot
imdb gave From a view to a kill as the working title, guess they changed it only a bit than wink

Evy_O
I had the impression it was called A View to Kill until recently, so not much difference for me stick out tongue

yerssot
you don't seem to be on top of things stick out tongue

Evy_O
I am! Really! big grin
A View to Kill sounds nicer and has a cooler meaning stick out tongue

yerssot
cooler meaning?

Evy_O
you get a view to kill big grin it's great!

yerssot
your logic doesn't compute

Evy_O
to me it does

yerssot
of course, and only you

but I guess the real question has been answered here wink

Evy_O
closing...... closed big grin

yerssot
soon evy, soon... you little mod-wannabe stick out tongue

Evy_O
I don't wanna be a mod, I just wanna close off topic threads here stick out tongue

meaning all of them no expression

yerssot
no you wouldn't

Evy_O
well, I'd merge some big grin

yerssot
don't do that sad

Evy_O
but it will more easy to find big grin

yerssot
but all our seperated offtopic talks!

ok... attempt to get ontopic again:

any other titles that got changed?

Evy_O
I don't know of any messed

Reborn Again
FYI fact: There was struggle to keep the title Octopussy because there was a legal issue that the movie couldn't use any plot in Fleming's novels, so the only thing kept from Fleming's original novel for the movie was the name. The story is original. Not a title name per se, but an interesting fact nonetheless.

yerssot
see, that's what I'm getting at smile Thanks RA happy

Evy_O
that's interesting big grin

Reborn Again
And Octopussy is the only Bond where the main actress Maud Adams (aka Octopussy) played another major role in The Man With The Golden Gun, whom gets killed by Scarmanga. She plays his girlfriend. She is the only actress ever to be in two Bond films.

The Redeemer
Yeah...Maud was the only "main" actress to appear in two Bond films but Martine Beswick also played predominant roles in two Bond films...

The Redeemer
FRWL...

The Redeemer
And THUNDERBALL...

Reborn Again
Hmm. I never claimed to know everything. I'm just a big fan of the Bond films. Thanks for the 411. I didn't know that.

yerssot
what about Judy Dench? M in the Pierce movies, she returned every damn movie already

or

Sylvia Trench in Dr No and From Russia With Love? Though in both she didn't had a lot to do

The Redeemer
No problem! Here's one that may pique your interest...Eva Reuber Steair(sp?) played the same character in THREE Bond films...another in joke as far as I can ascertain...as General Gogol's secretary...

The Redeemer
I know...dumb blondes...they all look the same... roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
well, as Gogol's assistant... that's saying the same about Moneypenny wink

The Redeemer
You're losing the plot AGAIN, Y! wink

yerssot
I've been a bit slow lately, but if you mean that they look better: agree D

Reborn Again
Okay. But what I was referring to was Maud Adams (being more renown) playing two MAJOR roles to be remembered in two different Bond films. Not secondary actors w/ small parts. And yes, there are no small parts just small actors. Maud Adams is truly superior than the rest.

Evy_O
Well, about recurring female characters, I found these about Sylvia Trench:

Sylvia Trench

In our first ever sight of James Bond, he was flirting with Sylvia Trench. In 'Dr No', they play against each other at chemin de fer. Bond is called away to headquarters, but not before they've arranged a date.
When we first see Bond in 'From Russia With Love', he's relaxing by a riverside with her in his arms. Though she complains that she hasn't seen him for six months, he leaves again when Miss Moneypenny calls from the Office.
Nevertheless, she does have the distinction of being the only romantic involvement of Bond's to have been in more than one film.

And a pic:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~prospero/images/sylvia.jpg

(note the part where it says "she does have the distinction of being the only romantic involvement of Bond's to have been in more than one film"wink

Discos
mmm....I have no 100% ideal answer, but what was the book called?

Wasn't the credits at the end of Dr No "james bond will return in Goldfinger?"

Discos - confused as ever about the history

Evy_O
what book? confused

Discos
my mistake lol

yerssot
well, technically, M had a fairly big part in The World Is Not Enough

Discos
yeah i must agree there, me and my dad was discussing it after we seen it, perhaps that it was a female part that she demanded a bigger role after being giving such a short part in Goldeneye & Tomorrow never dies

M in the previous bond films was simply the dude who gave orders, but Judi Dench is a somewhat friend to Bond's as it would show on Die another day

yerssot
fairly, but the previous M did hold a deep respect for Bond, I mean, when he didn't accept the decisions he got a leave for 2 weeks and such

Evy_O
I really like Judi Dench as M, because she clearly cares about Bond, even though she is kind of strict sometimes big grin Much better than that guy they used to have thumb up

And of course, because she is a woman, shows we can handle secret agencies too happy

yerssot
don't overdo it evy, they only survive cause they have bond stick out tongue

indeed, very strict, if you see GE (having no trouble sending him to his death)
that "guy" (Lee) had the trouble of never being actively involved in a movie (besides a trip or two)

Evy_O
I'm sure there HAVE to be some female agents who'd beat up Bond there stick out tongue

well, that's the way M should be, strict and tuff happy

yerssot
only in Russia, evy, only in russia stick out tongue

Evy_O
no, somewhere else too stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah, NSA... Jinx was soooooo good stick out tongue

Evy_O
she was cry
and if you dare to say otherwise, I'll turn JB violent stick out tongue

boxing

yerssot
you the baretta and I the PPK? stick out tongue
she seriously is bad

Evy_O
well baretta is a gun, what is PPK? stick out tongue
yeah, she's bad and I like her cool

yerssot
Walter PPK Evy! the gun this guy named BOND uses stick out tongue

Evy_O
Really? That's nice to know stick out tongue Well, I'll have uzis then... at least I know how they look like laughing out loud

yerssot
than I'll take the golden gun... one shot is more than enough

Evy_O
for whom? eek!

yerssot
to shoot you... sorry, those are the rules sweetiepie...hmmm... pie *drools*

Evy_O
no, you are gonna get shoot erm... apple pie? blink

yerssot
not with this golden bullet chickenwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.